Create Account

San Diego Tidal Branding Announcement

03-18-2024, 09:56 PMSDCore Wrote: This actively what close to what I am currently going towards. Just getting some help drawing, cause I'm not an artist but I know Illustrator and image manipulation an conversion.

I’m a big fan of the foundations of the brand. The tidals as a name is growing on me, and I love the color scheme

03-18-2024, 08:43 PMFaraDian Wrote: But it's hard to find people who can do that, especially if you want to fairly compensate them and even more especially when you have like two weeks to get it done.

2 weeks was the deadline to have your expansion app/proof of concept done, considering its not even offseason yet there's a longer deadline than that for having everything finalized and announced.

03-18-2024, 08:43 PMFaraDian Wrote: I feel a bit like core is getting dragged without having been given enough support prior to this.

Dragged is pretty harsh to say considering a lot of it was criticism that turned out to be true, and the feedback has now resulted in a better logo being drafted up as a result.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 02:26 AM by SDCore. Edited 1 time in total.)

03-18-2024, 10:52 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: 2 weeks was the deadline to have your expansion app/proof of concept done, considering its not even offseason yet there's a longer deadline than that for having everything finalized and announced.

Dragged is pretty harsh to say considering a lot of it was criticism that turned out to be true, and the feedback has now resulted in a better logo being drafted up as a result.

While I agree the end result is that I am reworking this and it will be human made. This whole thread made something I was excited about make me feel like absolute shit all day and ignore people in my real life. So while, it may not have been intended to be dragged or dog piling. There is a real human at the end of this side of the computer. The sarcasm and calling into question my ability or want to talk to a real human was insulting.

So yeah, the end result will be a more positive experience, but it made me feel like shit and have a bad day and ultimately that's not a good thing. Whether or not the "criticism" was true, it was not really nice or positive. There were some exceptions, but overall it's is what I've come and learned to expect and accept from this site.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-19-2024, 01:34 AMSDCore Wrote: While I agree the end result is that I am reworking this and it will be human made. This whole thread made something I was excited about make me feel like absolute shit all day and ignore people in my real life. So while, it may not have been intended to be dragged or dog piling. There is a real human at the end of this side of the computer. The sarcasm and calling into question my ability or want to talk to a real human was insulting.

So yeah, the end result will be a more positive experience, but it made me feel like shit and have a bad day and ultimately that's not a good thing. Whether or not the "criticism" was true, it was not really nice or positive. There were some exceptions, but overall it's is what I've come and learned to expect and accept from this site.

The vast majority of the criticism you're referring to was just calling out what was wrong with it. A handful of sarcastic comments are inevitable when it comes to situations like this, but overall I don't see how calling an AI logo being submitted as an officially announced team's branding is crossing the line. This is an internet forum and people can say their piece on things as they see it, especially since it was something you explicitly asked for at the top of the post.

As for what to expect/accept from the site, I think that's a bit of a cop out tbh. I don't know where your expectations or what you've come to accept from the site come from, the site has gone through a multitude of changes to go towards a much more neutral and friendly community. The site is not even recognizable from 2 to 4 years ago really. In this thread I can't even see anything that I would describe as dogpiling; if you didn't want multiple people commenting on the same thing, maybe the best place to post AI generated content would've been private DMs with people?

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hu9fah3fyyjev09p8zo...w.gif&ct=v]

[Image: sobchak.png]

03-19-2024, 05:04 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: A handful of sarcastic comments are inevitable when it comes to situations like this.

Idk feels pretty easy for someone to avoid typing a sarcastic comment, and even easier to not hit send on it. Maybe I don't have the same definition of "inevitable" tho

[Image: lespoils.gif]

03-19-2024, 11:48 AMJURT Wrote: Idk feels pretty easy for someone to avoid typing a sarcastic comment, and even easier to not hit send on it. Maybe I don't have the same definition of "inevitable" tho
let's ban sarcasm from the forums then? that includes sarcastic comments you make with friends too. While we're at it let's ban sarcasm in all SHL spaces including locker rooms and war rooms.

[Image: sobchak.png]

I think it's nifty

03-19-2024, 11:55 AMscudmuffin19 Wrote: let's ban sarcasm from the forums then? that includes sarcastic comments you make with friends too. While we're at it let's ban sarcasm in all SHL spaces including locker rooms and war rooms.

Now that was inevitable

[Image: lespoils.gif]

03-19-2024, 12:08 PMJURT Wrote: Now that was inevitable
Idk feels pretty easy for someone to avoid typing that comment, and even easier to not hit send on it. Maybe I don't have the same definition of "inevitable" tho

03-19-2024, 11:48 AMJURT Wrote: Idk feels pretty easy for someone to avoid typing a sarcastic comment, and even easier to not hit send on it. Maybe I don't have the same definition of "inevitable" tho

Inevitable is just an expectation and I think it would be delusional to expect everyone to be nice or to not expect a single person to not make a sarcastic comment. Like Gabe said, everyone is free to say their piece. So yes, a handful of sarcastic comments is inevitable. 

This is more so to Corey than anything but as a designer myself, criticism is one of the best ways to improve and sometimes it is just harsh. It is just about having the right mindset towards looking at it as a way to improve. That isn't to say you can't take criticism (or sarcastic jokes) personally but as mentioned, sarcastic comments are inevitable so might as well use it for a positive which I think is happening here.

03-18-2024, 07:22 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If she’s not my d&d party is down a bard which would be unfortunate

Wait wtf we need that murderhobo halfling

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

graphic makers are people too

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

I knew a wave would be involved so I was skeptical but the colors really pop and love the concept! I'm a stickler about word mark on the logo, but that's just a personal problem. The secondary logo/patch is nice and the jerseys are amazing. Congrats again!

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]