Create Account

Official car thread

Quote:Originally posted by Boobies@Feb 1 2013, 12:16 PM

Well I drove a Honda ridge line. Loved it. Yeah the new one I drove felt like a truck I could drive every day but the other ones are shitty work trucks so I don't like em

HA! I worked at Honda, the Ridgeline isn't a truck, its a Pilot with a bed. If they aren't in AWD they are FWD. I mean it was one of the comfiest 'truck' I've been in and drove nice, but that's because its an SUV really. Don't expect to haul anything with it.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Feb 1 2013, 01:51 PM

HA! I worked at Honda, the Ridgeline isn't a truck, its a Pilot with a bed. If they aren't in AWD they are FWD. I mean it was one of the comfiest 'truck' I've been in and drove nice, but that's because its an SUV really. Don't expect to haul anything with it.
I just like the fact it was comfy and looked nice haha...
But seriously I want a street car only other thing I want would be a lifted jeep tj. So I can tear up off roading with it. But that'll be in a few years when I'm making alot Better money

Holy shit my dad loves chevy trucks so he maid my middle name Chevy and i love pretty much love every old chevy and i love the 68/69/70 chevy camaro

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Boobies@Feb 1 2013, 12:56 PM

I just like the fact it was comfy and looked nice haha...
But seriously I want a street car only other thing I want would be a lifted jeep tj. So I can tear up off roading with it. But that'll be in a few years when I'm making alot Better money

Yeah, I'd say stick with an RSX Type S or SI, you can't go wrong with those.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Might be buying a 1984 Porsche 944 for my first car. Its manual but I have never driven manual before. I go for my G's after my birthday in April!!

[Image: 2dkeq0x.jpg]

[Image: 213iu7n.jpg]

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 12 2014, 05:56 PM
Might be buying a 1984 Porsche 944 for my first car. Its manual but I have never driven manual before. I go for my G's after my birthday in April!!

[Image: 2dkeq0x.jpg]

[Image: 213iu7n.jpg]
Word of advice... If you're not proficient in a stick, don't get a valuable car that costs dickloads to repair for your first car with a stick. You're likely going to be grinding gears and could burn out a clutch which isn't going to be cheap at all with a Porsche

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 05:59 PM

Word of advice... If you're not proficient in a stick, don't get a valuable car that costs dickloads to repair for your first car with a stick. You're likely going to be grinding gears and could burn out a clutch which isn't going to be cheap at all with a Porsche

yeah, When I go to drivers ed, I might ask if I can take manual lessons. Hopefully they will have a car that I can use for them. Im fairly co-ordinated so I dont think I will have a hard time shifting gears, its just a bit nerve racking for some reason

Yeah I'd be careful about getting stick shift. It's not overly difficult, but it's something that it takes time to really get it. I've tried a couple times, and just never really got it it seems, because I never remember what I'm doin and refuse to drive stick anymore just to avoid damaging a car.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Feb 12 2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah I'd be careful about getting stick shift. It's not overly difficult, but it's something that it takes time to really get it. I've tried a couple times, and just never really got it it seems, because I never remember what I'm doin and refuse to drive stick anymore just to avoid damaging a car.

yeah, I think that is what I'm the most worried about. I dont wanna stall on a hill :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 12 2014, 06:11 PM

yeah, I think that is what I'm the most worried about. I dont wanna stall on a hill  :lol:
I'd get a cheap honda for like $400-500 and bring it to a empty lot and just go nuts.

That 500 will be a hell of a lot cheaper than installing a new clutch or ***** in a Porsche

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 12 2014, 06:24 PM

I'd get a cheap honda for like $400-500 and bring it to a empty lot and just go nuts.

yeah, nothing up here though. No one is selling any bum cars where I live. If they are it will be over priced. My only other option is to go down south to Toronto which costs around $500 in gas money by itself <_<

I still got a year before I can drive by myself so I think I have a little bit of time. Probably gonna get my G's after I turn 16 and then take Drivers Ed and wait 8 months till I get my G2s. I have a bit of time to learn.

Be prepared to spend a shit-ton on repairs for that Porsche.

Also, don't worry too much about learning stick shift, it really isn't that difficult. It's kind of weird at first, but becomes second nature in no time. Definitely worth learning, as well, way fucking more fun than automatic.

And I currently drive an '03 Lexus Is300.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Feb 12 2014, 06:33 PM
Be prepared to spend a shit-ton on repairs for that Porsche.

Also, don't worry too much about learning stick shift, it really isn't that difficult. It's kind of weird at first, but becomes second nature in no time. Definitely worth learning, as well, way fucking more fun than automatic.

And I currently drive an '03 Lexus Is300.

Yeah, the guy wants $3900 for that Porsche, my auto-shop teacher says I should offer him around $2000 for that 944. They arent the most reliable cars, especially in my area :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 12 2014, 06:37 PM

Yeah, the guy wants $3900 for that Porsche, my auto-shop teacher says I should offer him around $2000 for that 944. They arent the most reliable cars, especially in my area&nbsp; :lol:
Yeah 3900 is a lot, car is definitely pretty nice but not reliable at all and unless you're a gear head it's going to cost A TON to fix much of anything, everything to do with those cars comes at a premium. Most places charge more for everything (Even fucking oil changes) on porsche and other high end cars.

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 12 2014, 06:37 PM

Yeah, the guy wants $3900 for that Porsche, my auto-shop teacher says I should offer him around $2000 for that 944. They arent the most reliable cars, especially in my area&nbsp; :lol:

Coming from someone who's dealt with several money-pit cars at a young age, I highly advise getting something that is going to be reliable until your financially stable enough to deal with a more expensive car and everything that comes with it. Might not be as "cool", but at least you won't be broke and you'll have a decent car. I'd even recommend spending a little extra on something that will last, because in the long run it'll save you money.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.