Create Account

Isn't the objective to want new members to stay?

I thought it was at least. Seriously, keeping teams with their players not updated is probably the biggest thing to drive away a new member. The lack of anything in the NWJHL is sickening, I don't know how you guys expect new members when you don't even pay a bit of attention to them.

Yes that's the goal and yes the NWJHL is neglected, has been for several seasons. It sucks that you aren't updated and trust me I've been there, but just keep earning the TPE and doing the media. Get your TPE up and your bank account up.

Activity, bank, attitude and TPE matter a lot more than NWJHL performance on the stat sheet. Yes it sucks and it's frustrating to work hard and not see the reward of it, but the sad reality is there's very little fucks given about the NWJHL in comparison to the SHL.

So keep working hard and don't focus on the next game, focus on making an SHL team so you can escape the NWJHL.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

My player is missing 13 TPE, from updates dating back to April 9th... I am going to throw my computer out of a 3rd story window soon. :ph34r:

I completely understand. Trust me when I say it happens a lot more than you think and not just in the NWJHL. But don't get discouraged. Focus on building your player up anyway, knowing that you will get updated eventually. It sucks to spend hours on a Point Task and not get the points applied, I've been there. But when it comes to winning Championships it doesn't really matter and when it comes to the SHL Draft it doesn't matter at all.

Have fun and enjoy the rookie season where everyone is more or less the same and the competition is more fair. Keep focusing on where in the SHL you want to end up and how you're going to afford $1m a week for training.

I had more TPE than anyone else in my Draft class and about $10m in the bank, I was Drafted 5th overall. There are other factors that play into things, so just stay active and enjoy the site, learn as much as you can and think of the NWJHL as a quick tutorial before you step into the SHL.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

We should probably return to the old system of each GM updating his own team, looks like the new one with specific NWJHL-Updaters, while nice in theory, doesn't seem to work very good.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@May 9 2013, 12:16 PM
We should probably return to the old system of each GM updating his own team, looks like the new one with specific NWJHL-Updaters, while nice in theory, doesn't seem to work very good.
Yeahthat

GMs want to win so they'll keep their team updated.

I suggested this in the head office and got told no because it brought up other problems

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

We've all done our updates just last weekend, and I know that I'm doing more tomorrow. It's just that it hasn't been fixed in the sim yet by Taron. With fever out for a bit, and us posting the updates, it's now in the hands of Taron to do the final updates on the sim. We've done all we can, and it's all that anyone, GMs or Updaters, could do.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

I agree, Updaters are nice but I would rather do the updates myself.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Every updater is currently working. Taron hadn't used the Sim very much end is still very green, so he is working things out.

Things should sort themselves out, don't worry updaters are keeping up to date for the most part from what I have seen

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

everyone updated in the file

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@May 9 2013, 03:06 PM
everyone updated in the file

All it took was weeks and a thread in the public to bitch about how pathetic it was..

or... it took each teams updater to update, and then I waited so it would be fair so all of them get updated, and then I had one day of waiting (birthday) and then I updated them Smile

Still :wub: you 702

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@May 9 2013, 05:52 PM
or... it took each teams updater to update, and then I waited so it would be fair so all of them get updated, and then I had one day of waiting (birthday) and then I updated them Smile

Still :wub: you 702

Sounds like a pussy excuse if you ask me. That is another reason GMs should update... That way if they cared they would update them on the daily..

Quote:Originally posted by 701@May 9 2013, 03:57 PM

Sounds like a pussy excuse if you ask me. That is another reason GMs should update... That way if they cared they would update them on the daily..
GM's of yesteryear used to update weekly. No one updated daily

Source: I was an NWJHL GM

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]