Create Account

Summer UFA/RFA Thread

Get one started up with season 4 games or less away from being over, there's been quite a few signings/re-signings lately, recap:

- Gonchar traded to Dallas and signed 2 Years @ $10 M
- Streit traded to Philadelphia and signed 4 Years @ $22 M "Unofficial"
- Datsyuk re-signed by Detroit, 3 Years @ $23 M
- Couture re-signed by San Jose, Numbers?

Have you guys heard any rumors as to who might be testing? I actually heard yesterday that the Devils may be big players for Stephen Weiss in Free Agency, but if we got Weiss it would probably mean Clarkson is leaving. If Clarkson leaves, Weiss can lessen the pain quite a bit.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Can u plz show me link of Flyers signing Streit (though un-official)

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Streit is official

"TSN.ca ALERT: Philadelphia Flyers agree to terms on a four-year deal with pending UFA defenceman Mark Streit."

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Jun 18 2013, 12:22 PM
McKenzie and Dreger both said that it's basically done, they just have to wait for Briere and Bryzgalov to be bought out in order to physically sign the deal

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9396943/...adelphia-flyers

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Jun 18 2013, 12:22 PM

Darren Dreger tweeted it. Lots of into about it on his account.

Quote:Originally posted by Bob Loblaw@Jun 18 2013, 12:26 PM
Streit is official

"TSN.ca ALERT: Philadelphia Flyers agree to terms on a four-year deal with pending UFA defenceman Mark Streit."
I only said unofficial because the deal can't be signed until Bryz and Briere are gone

Quote:Originally posted by Bob Loblaw@Jun 18 2013, 12:26 PM
Streit is official

Unofficial because they can't actually sign til they complete the compliance buyouts of Briere and/or Bryzgalov.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

damn, I feel bad for Danny, I hope he signs to a team that lives close to Philly so I can still see him around.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Jun 18 2013, 12:27 PM

Unofficial because they can't actually sign til they complete the compliance buyouts of Briere and/or Bryzgalov.
McKenzie said that it's going to be both that will be amnestied, which on a side note, would love to see Briere sport a Devils sweater

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06...ption-for-wild/

Pure speculation right now but it kind of make sense

[Image: hallsy.png]

It could be a very interesting Free Agency as far as who gets amnestied. While I don't think there's gonna be some really big name stars, there are still some good players whose names are floating. Like Briere and Bryz which are givens at this point, but also players like Brad Richards could be on the way out through an amnesty buyout.

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Jun 18 2013, 01:28 PM
damn, I feel bad for Danny, I hope he signs to a team that lives close to Philly so I can still see him around.
Pittsburgh :D

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 18 2013, 12:45 PM
It could be a very interesting Free Agency as far as who gets amnestied. While I don't think there's gonna be some really big name stars, there are still some good players whose names are floating. Like Briere and Bryz which are givens at this point, but also players like Brad Richards could be on the way out through an amnesty buyout.
Doubt Richards will be, I think they'll give him another shot with a new coach to see if he rebounds

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Jun 18 2013, 11:28 AM
You guys have lunch together ?

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 18 2013, 12:50 PM

Doubt Richards will be, I think they'll give him another shot with a new coach to see if he rebounds
I agree, I actually posted this on a Rangers forum and these Rags fans treated it like blasphemy :lol: Then in the same thread someone suggested the idea of trading Callahan and everyone thought it was a marvelous idea :lol: