Create Account

S15 CW WEEK! ITS FINALLY HERE!

The Challenge Cup final pits the Edmonton Blizzard against the West Kendall Platoon. Both teams will be vying to take home the cup, and both teams will be coming into the series with specific areas of focus. For the favourite Blizzard, they will be looking to use their offensive firepower to put pressure on West Kendall's young goaltender Winnfield. They must not let Winnfield keep his team in the series, like he did against Toronto and New England.

On the opposite side, the key for West Kendall is to provide better support for Winnfield, who is 2nd in gaa and sv% in these playoffs. He trails just behind the Blizzard's Aittokallio in both categories, but has faced almost 100 more shots in one less game. It's undeniable that he hasn't had the support Aittokallio has had. West Kendall will also need to continue the play on their special teams, which has played a major role in their trip to the finals.

Code:
161 words

2. [Image: UfnwiBS.png]

3. PM'd

If my hand were forced into buying either the Edmonton Blizzard or the West Kendall Platoon, I would definitely have to go with Edmonton. I'm from Western Canada, and have an affinity for hockey culture here. I couldn't see myself building a business in the southern US. Geographical location is the biggest deciding factor for me. Hockey is so much more of a focal point in Canada, that it would also be economically inefficient to try and run a successful team in a non-traditional hockey market. Basically, I would follow the model of most professional Canadian hockey teams, I would charge my fans as much money as possible, and provide a sub-par product on the ice that will never win a cup. I would get rich beyond my wildest dreams, regardless of the current Edmonton Blizzard roster or draft picks. The sheer vulnerability that Canadians have for their local hockey team is undeniable, I would make it my life's mission to take full advantage, making millions, and forcing a well-deserving fan base through years and years of failure. I'm sure it would be much easier to produce failure in West Kendall, but the opportunity to make money hand-over-fist is nowhere near the same that it is in Canada, so I would of course have to go with Edmonton.

Code:
218 words

In the ultimately unlikely event that I have won the Challenge Cup and been named MVP. I would spend my day with the trophy in my hometown of Saskatoon, SK. Nothing ever happens in Saskatoon, so I would be sure to take advantage of this and parade the cup up and down the main drags of the city. I'm a real big fan of giving back to the kids, so I would spend the day taking the cup to my elementary school and high school, where I'd pose for pictures and sign autographs.

After that, I would put the hammer down on a 26 of some hard liquor, hit the town, and prepare for the waves upon waves of gash that the Challenge Cup would bestow on me. Literally every girl in Saskatoon would give their right tit for a night with a Challenge Cup MVP. I would literally have an orgy. I'm not kidding. I would find the baddest hoes, gather them in one spot, and just have a hay day. End of story. Getting hammered and piping down hoes. #ThankYouChallengeCup

Code:
182 words

#1.
Key Components for the Edmonton Blizzard:
The Edmonton Blizzard are going to have to do their best to stop the platoons specialty unit. The West Kendall Platoon have arguably the best special teams on the ice. Whenever you see the platoon on the Power play or the Penalty kill they either score goals or kill off the penalties. They have won two series by doing so well on the Powerplay and Penalty kill.

Key Components for the West Kendall Platoon:
The Platoon have to try and stop the hot Edmonton Blizzard. They have been clicking from all cylinders and they don't plan on stopping. The WKP have to focus mainly on defense to help out their goalie Urijah Winnfield. So far they have been doing a decent job but they know they can do better! If they fail to do so the Blizzard will take the series without a problem.

150 words
3.Sent

If i HAd the money to buy one of the teams in the finals now i think i would buy the West Kendall Platoon. I would buy them because they are full of young talent and in a couple seasons time they will be full on contenders. Well Fuck they are contenders now. Just look at their roster they are full of young rookies that are better than most of the veterans in the league. They will have a stacked offense with 4 rookies in the leagues top ten rookies in scoring. In a couple seasons time they will be in the top scores of the league category. They will be in that category along with a couple of the veterans that are already in that category. The Platoon Showed everyone what they are capable of this season! They proved everyone wrong by just making the playoffs. They blew the mind of all the SHLers when they made it to the Challenge cup finals. Many players said they would get swept in the first round and now they are in the finals. They are an amazing group of players and i would love to own them. And they have Emma Watson, that just puts the icing on the cake.
Over 200 words!

If i were the MVP of the Challenge cup finals... First i think i would crack open a big bottle of liquor maybe a 60 and just drink until i pass out! It would be a huge accomplishment for Jim Lahey. I would first of all bring it to the Sunnyvale police department and shove it up their asses for firing me when i was a part of the force. They made the biggest mistake of their lives by doing so. Once i get that done i would bring it to the park and maybe get some attention to sunnyvale trailer park. It is pretty dull now that Ricky and Julien are in jail for smuggling dope across the border. But its my chance to shine in the park now and if i win this award maybe Barb would re marry me or something or make me the new owner of the park rather than just the park supervisor. But this is all a dream. I am not capable quite yet of winning the playoffs MVP maybe next year ill be drunk enough to do it but this year i haven't drank enough liquor!

194 words

[Image: cuffana.png]

1) In order to win a cup, it always comes down to one thing: Defense. Some may claim that historically it's the offensive juggernauts that take home the cup in the SHL, but I beg to differ. Underlying the offensive prowess of both these teams is a great team defensive structure that should give problems to both teams. In order to take home the trophy, both teams will need to focus on their defensive game just as much as their hunger to score goals as both teams have the ability to quickly net a flurry of goals with even a minor lapse in judgement. It is imperative that both teams identify the main targets on either side and neutralize them quick, or else it may be a very quick series.

(129 words)

2) [Image: blizz_zps4916c361.jpg]

3) PM Sent

4) If I had the money to buy any of these two fine franchises, it would definitely be the Blizzard. They have built a very solid foundation from the net out with some fantastic prospects coming up in the pipelines. With a fantastic D core and an offensive juggernaut of a team, the Blizzard have been so well managed for such a long time now that they have built a very solid foundation for future managers and owners. Krivakorasev being one of the prospects coming up will bolster their team even further, ensuring they will be competitive in the SHL and the SHL playoffs for years to come. Willems, Williams, and the strong veteran presences of Laraque Obama and Mike Ochocinco have helped this team become one of, if not the most, well rounded teams in the SHL. With some steady goaltending acquired maybe in this years draft, the Blizzard can set themselves up for a long, long time with some big moves this summer. They are looking to add yet another SHL championship to their name, and if they can accomplish that, they may just be the best team the SHL has ever seen. This finals appearance is a big testament to years of fantastic management.

207 words

5) Being from Montreal, I would take the cup back home and celebrate it at the old Montreal Forum. I have a lot of fond memories there as a kid watching my Canadiens play and I was so unbelievably sad when they moved out of the Forum and turned it into a cinema. I would love to have Montreal feel the glory of having a cup back in that building, and I would love to share it with the city that nurtured me and grew me up. I would also bring it to my other hometown in Vernon on lake Okanagan, crushing brews with Dany Fuckin’ Heatley shootin’ pucks into the empty net with our yellow t-shirts and red gloves. I would spend the day with my family sharing this wonderful achievement with the ones I love the most and the ones who made so many sacrifices to help me get to the SHL. That and poutine. A lot of poutine. I’d eat it right out of the cup.
(169 words)

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

1) To win the cup Edmonton needs to hold it together. They have the better team easily, but if they take this series lightly there will be no hope for them. When they took the 2-0 lead on Calgary, they let up, and because of that Calgary brought the series to Game 7, almost eliminating them. West Kendall needs to keep playing their game as well. They are out classed by far but they are determined. That determination led them to the finals, which was unexpected by everyone. Now it’s up to them to keep playing that way, not letting off no matter what kind of play they see from Edmonton.

Code:
Words: 109

3) PM coming

4) If I had the money to buy one of these franchises it would easily be the Edmonton Blizzard. While WKP may be one of the oldest franchises in the SHL, Edmonton is the better market and the players on the team will be bringing in profit in no time. Edmonton has had quite the past few seasons and have constantly been a playoff team, making deep runs almost every time that they make it. This means that there will be plenty of fans that are coming out to watch the team, meaning that the potential for profit is just so much better than a team based in Florida who rarely make playoffs.

The players on Edmonton’s squad have a great mix. Veterans like Teemu Nurmi will bring out the fans from seasons ago while players who are just breaking out like Jakub Aittokallio will be bringing in fans who are looking to see the future of the league. Add on many, many other players like Keenan and Weber and this team just has a fantastic crop of guys that would allow me to build up hype for the games, hopefully adding up for more profit. It’s obviously all about that profit that you make!

Code:
Words: 204

5) Benoit Fortescue announced at the beginning of the season that he would be retiring from the SHL after a brief career. If the Texas Renegades were able to pull it together and go on to win the Challenge Cup, then the first place Fortescue would’ve brought the cup to on his day would’ve been back home in Quebec for his family and friends that supported him throughout the years of build up to that point in his career. After that he would go to Edmonton to show the Cup to brother Gabriel, who is the GM of the Edmonton Blizzard, because they would’ve eliminated Edmonton in the playoffs it would be so much better to laugh at him one more time. Finally the cup would rest at home with his own family. Maybe dim down the lights or go outside and enjoy the fire and enjoy the cup’s beauty. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity so spend it with those you love while enjoying the moment.

Code:
Words: 167

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

1. I personally think that the key component for both teams is goaltending. Both teams have young goaltenders, and both teams have a great group of forwards. Whichever goalie is able to help his team out the most in the series will likely lead his team to victory. Other than goaltending you can also look at defense. West Kendall isn't that strong with defense, but so far this playoff series they have been able to hold their ground and prove that they aren't all that weak. If the defense in West Kendall is able to stop the Blizzard from getting a lot of shots on net, you can be expecting the upset.

Code:
111 words 601 characters

3. Sent

4. If I could buy any of the franchise in the league it would be between two different teams. The first team would be the New England Wolfpack and of course the West Kendall Platoon. The major thing that makes me have two options rather than just West Kendall is the location of West Kendall. The leagues commissioners hold the fate of if a team can move or not, and they are clearly against what would be a great business decision in moving the Platoon to a location like Quebec City or Washington D.C. The major thing that would make me buy the Wolfpack is the team that the have built. Not only is it a young team, but they are also a very great team. They also have a very, very good general manager in John McBride. Either way both teams would be a very smart decision to buy as they are both young, good and improving by the minute. Just to throw a team under the bus, the team that I would be against buying the most is the Manhattan Rage. I think that, that is pretty self explanatory, if not just look at the past couple of seasons and how active their own team is. Yes, I am mainly talking about their general mangers Ochocinco and diamond_ace.

Code:
221 words 1151 characters

5. Well I don't know much about Germany, where Urijah is from, so I will be saying where I am from, North Dakota. There really isn't much to see or do in North Dakota, but honestly when I would bring the cup home the first place I would bring it is to my family. Nothing is more important to me in life than my family. Other than that, I would hope that my hometown (Minot) would throw some sort of parade since we really haven't had any major sports athletes come from here. One last place I would want to visit is my former schools. I would maybe even get in the pep rally for the school. There isn't much like I said, but I would make it the greatest time of my life. Oh, I would also get shit faced at the tackiest bar and bang the tackiest women around town, because I am Urijah motherfucking Winnfield.

Code:
157 words 805 characters

Task #1: What are some key components both of these teams need to do in order to win the Challenge Cup?

(100 words) 3 Uncapped

The key components for both of these teams in my opinion is goaltending, two great young goalies are in the net for both teams, and that will utterly decide which team wins the race. Jakub Aittokallio is undoubtedly the better one out of the two in the regular season, but Urijah Winnfield has began to pick it up during playoff time, the time that actually matters. The championship cup finals will come down to which ever team wants it more, and which ever team is willing to do whatever it has too to win the series. Urijah Winnfield and Jakub Aittokallio will decide what the rest of the team plays like.

Task #2: You have just been hired to make the banner for the team that wins the challenge cup, please include the Season, the team name and logo as well as the players on the team.

3 Uncapped

Task #3 WORD JUMBLE!!! Last year was good and I liked the idea, just this year I am going to make it a little harder. This one is going to be up to 6 Uncapped TPE, also please PM ME YOUR ANSWERS, dont be like me last year and post them!

PM SENT
Task #4: If you had the money to buy any one of these franchises, who would it be and why would you buy them? (Based on the current roster, with picks)

3 Uncapped for 200 words

Congrats, sir! You have now won 100 million dollars! What do you decide to do with the money? It is enough to buy ANY franchise in the SHL.. even the Edmonton Blizzard and the West Kendall Platoon.. Who would you like to buy?

For me, I would like West Kendall Platoon, not only because I play for the team, for now, but also because Maxy will officially become my bitch. That I believe is the true reason for me to buy West Kendall Platoon, unless of course I was drunk.. or I had no idea what I was doing.. lol just kidding. I would love to buy West Kendall Platoon, because they have basically everything that a team needs, and a team with 4 or 5 rookies playing major roles reaching the Challenge Cup Finals means a lot. They have a lot of potential, and have already reached some of it. The rebuilding process has finally worked out for the Platoon and they have reached the finals in the year they barely expected to make the playoffs and would have been "swept away" by the New England Wolfpack, and now they are in a fight to the finish, but they're not backing down.

Task #5 Your team has just won the Challenge Cup, and you were the MVP. Now, you're bringing it back to your hometown. Say the places you would visit and why you would visit those place.

3 Uncapped for 150 words.

Can you update the OP with a claims list pleeeeaaassseeee?

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg@Nov 18 2013, 06:27 PM
Yeahthat could use the tpe for the playoffs.

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg@Nov 18 2013, 06:27 PM
I'll be surprised if we get a claims list before the draft, they haven't even updated the graphic PTs from the regular season.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Nov 18 2013, 08:42 PM

I'll be surprised if we get a claims list before the draft, they haven't even updated the graphic PTs from the regular season.

I claimed them anyways. Lol

Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg@Nov 18 2013, 06:47 PM

I claimed them anyways. Lol
I meant the ones that said "best ones will get _ uncapped TPE"

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Nov 18 2013, 09:02 PM

I meant the ones that said "best ones will get _ uncapped TPE"

Oh yeah I just assumed those would never get fulfilled.

Stampede  Kraken

3. Sent PM

1. The keys to victory for the Edmonton Blizzard will be simple. They have to dictate the flow of game, as they have done all season long, and play their brand of hockey. They play a well-rounded game where any line can take over and get the win, and if all three lines can get hot then the Blizzard will be unstoppable. Their defensive core is impressive and will be hard to score on when their at their best. Perhaps the most important aspect will be playing a disciplined game and not going to the sin bin too often, as the Platoon have been deadly with the extra man in this post-season.

For the Platoon, they have to be agitators and draw the Blizzard into taking dumb penalties. On paper, the Blizzard just overpower this team so they will have to make use of their good special teams. It would help if their young guys use their energy and speed to tire out the opponent and cause their opposition to sit for lazy penalties like hooking and tripping. Urijah Winnfield will also have to do more of the same and keep the puck out of his net on a consistent basis as the Blizzard have been outshooting teams throughout the playoffs.

3. Sent PM

5. If I had a chance to return home to my native Kiel, Germany a second time with the Challenge Cup, I would certainly make the most of it. The first time you don't really appreciate it as much and I wish I had made better use of that time. Kiel has a rich history as a maritime centre in Germany, and as such I would have a big gathering down on the water with the Cup and the residents of Kiel. There are always cruise ships in Kiel Harbour, so maybe some tourists would get to see the Cup as well. After that, I would take the Cup with me to see our great local handball team - THW Kiel - at Sparkassen-Arena, because they're the best team. They were undefeated in 2012, after all. After the game I would hit the bars with my friends back home. I would buy everyone drinks because I am the best, that is why I am the MVP of the playoffs.

CW Week will be locked tomorrow at 5 30 PM EST. That will conclude the full week given for CW. Claim thread to be out hopefully tomorrow, latest Thursday

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates