Create Account

30 Ways to Improve The League

Yeah, I'd love to discuss Nylander but no way I am going to the Leafs sections.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Yeah, I'd love to discuss Nylander but no way I am going to the Leafs sections.

<---- Not with that showing at least.

Also another MAJOR problem this league has:

We are all talk, so many great ideas get discussed but no action ever gets taken.

Just something that has also pissed me off

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by FOG (Mac)@Jun 27 2014, 10:23 PM
I have some time so I'll go through this mainly with the ones I want to comment on:

5) welcome committee

We have one, so this is a non-issue.

6) recruitment at 5 TPE per person, why is finding an active member the same as the activity check? have the TPE the same at recruitment but get the extra 3 TPE if the person gets drafted with over 100 posts? some sort of bonus that also prevents multi abuse.

We give out a lot of TPE for recuitment and dp and I were spitballing a little earlier.&nbsp; And no incentives for posts lol, I'll answer why in the next one.

7) Milestone post bonuses. 10 TPE at 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000

No.&nbsp; Activity is great on our boards and having this is going to create retarded post whoring.&nbsp; Take this from a post whore lol.&nbsp; You're going to get a ton of pointless shit everywhere and it's going to detract from the site.

11) update sidebar and forum leaders.

When I was commish we'd usually try to do this in the offseason.&nbsp; We always have turnover so it's easier to do it all at once and ensure everything is right there.

14) up to date bank, transaction form for ease of use and updating, standard form for updates as well.

Not sure what this is saying... But bank is updated frequently if that has something to do with it?&nbsp; Full sentences next time please, like I'm really confused by half these :lol:

15) No update scale 1st year in juniors? I know it is crazy but it helps offset a brutal update scale. And they only have 12 chances at updating during juniors if the season is three months.

Update scale is not brutal lol.&nbsp; Guys are coming into the league with 300 TPE now, having no update scale is going to make builds absolutely ridiciulous.&nbsp; There's a reason we upped it and by taking away from it, you're only going to go back to people having maxed builds.&nbsp; It's simply not an option.

16) Inactives bank money goes into the lottery I mentioned before.

What if they come back? :lol:&nbsp; Yeah, no.... :lol:

17) New training
100,000 for 2 points
1,500,000 for 8 points.

Wouldn't be against adding another tier of training, but may have to be offset by another update scale which is tedious.&nbsp; i think it's okay now.&nbsp; And doing away with the 500k/1 mil wouldn't work too... Not everyone can afford 1.5 mil and making them do 100k instead isn't good.&nbsp; You're going to push towards bigger contracts with a lower cap so something will have to break.

18) Strengths? What benefits do these have besides being able to be just slightly better than some people at them. What about removing the update scale for them since they are, yinno, strengths.

Lol no.&nbsp; That's going to once again make it so much easier to max.&nbsp; Way less TPE, it's better to have select attributes at 99 to create diversity.&nbsp; That was the goal of player builds instead of having 99 everything and it's working a lot better as we've seen.&nbsp; By taking away update scale, you're just going back on everything we did with redistribution etc.

20) Late night rec ap/PGS done by europeans.

Uh, this can be done anyways lol.&nbsp; They just have to claim it and do it late at night.

21) Bring back magazine, pay juniors for quotes for articles in it.

We've tried multiple times to re-boot it and it hasn't worked.&nbsp; Many, many times.&nbsp; Not against trying again, but this isn't a new idea.

22) Line editing coodination

Expand on this please?

24) Cut down on trolling and drama (sorry for contributing to that tonight)

We can try all we want but the site thrives on discussion.&nbsp; Soon you're just going to have a boring forum where people come, talk about SHL and leave.&nbsp; If it gets to a troublesome level, that's when mods/commishes step down and warn people but if it's not at an unhealthy level it's okay.&nbsp; Basically, if it's not really taking away from the site but is instead generating activity, I'm not for taking it away.&nbsp; Plus you never will be able to cut down on it, it's a fact.

26) League votes on important issues, must pass 75% to change.

This will take absolutely forever to pass changes.&nbsp; We have the people running the league for a reason, they're trusted to make the right decisions for the league.&nbsp; They speak for the league and the league can voice their thoughts on the decision after and they can be altered as we saw with redistribution & "wade's new plan" a few seasons back.&nbsp; Having league votes on everything will slow processes down and create an unnecessary step.

27) 1 sim per day for conference and league finals, time to build hype, decide lines, etc.

We've built towards quicker offseasons and there were good reviews about this playoffs.&nbsp; I think it's good because it's more action for teams in the playoffs and cuts down the time sitting around twiddling your thumbs as a rebuilding team.&nbsp; The goal is to provide as much fun and hockey as possible, the new systeme does that.

28) play by plays&nbsp; that get 12+ viewers and post proof get bonus

Not something PbP'ers can control really.&nbsp; Sometimes people can have a great play by play, it's just not something people are interetsed in/are on for so they don't see it.&nbsp; Doesn't mean they should be penalized for not being on at a peak time.

29) General questions thread, linked answered questions get 1 TPE a week uncapped.

TPE inflation = no.&nbsp; We're trying to cut down, being helpful shouldn't need to be rewarded.&nbsp; You ask a question, it gets answered and you do it because we're a member of a community.&nbsp; If you need rewards in order to help each other out, I'm scared for the future of this site.

30) huge recruitment incentives. money, tpe, etc.

We already have this.&nbsp; We've stepped it up and as we saw today, amount of recruiting is ridicuous.

Feel free to rip me, agree with me or discuss with me on any/all of the above points.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Jun 27 2014, 11:02 PM
Also another MAJOR problem this league has:

We are all talk, so many great ideas get discussed but no action ever gets taken.

Just something that has also pissed me off

We have the commish/BoD meetings. Should have a way to pm and finalize these proposals to commishes and then have them work on them during the meetings. Decide whether or not to put it through and we'll finally see actions instead of words.

Good idea? Wink

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I suggested #17 and it got shot down pretty quickly in the commish office.

#30 is not needed btw, O4L did a great job this season and we have have already had one of the most successful recruitment drives of all time, on day one :o

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Im against the 4 season term, for the commish. I am a GM and you can say commish in the Latvian SHL, so i know what kind of work it is. There isnt much people you can trust with this.
An get Lauris Prikulis as the commish :D he is just a kid, but he can do great things. He created the latvian SHL and i think only latvians know what kind of a potential he has got.

Don't we have separate NHL forums to make sure the fans don't start breaking out in some argument and keep to themselves? (Although, I like watching the arguments since it brings up some good debate.)

For #17 I don't get it. I mean, i'm not your usual 500k guy. Heck, I signed on for Texas one season and got paid 10 mill. This just creates more parity in the league and it won't turn into a 'fun' league where people just relax and enjoy themselves. I think Krever said that a while ago.

On the weekly PT thing, that's been brought to attention before too. We used to have a lot of PTs and people were capping really quick and gaining at ridiculous paces.

I agree on a bunch of other points though and even if I disagreed with those above points, I will agree that they would increase activity and motivation for some.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) welcome committee? Don't we have one already?
6) NO
7) NO
8) Yes
9) No
10) Yes
11) Yes
12) Yes
13) Yes
14) Yes
15) No
16) No
17) No
18) No
19) Yes
20) Yes
21) No
22) Yes
23) Yes
24) Yes
25) No
26) No
27) No
28) No
29) No
30) No
31) Yes

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Up to date bank? The bank gets updated daily. And I completely cleaned out all the old threads from the bank section.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Expand the juniors TBH . . . . . . and give me a team Wink

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

2, 4, 10, 11, and 29, are the only good ones imo.

I like the idea with strengths having no scale (cause that means then that specific skill comes so easily to you, you barely have to train), but I think you should only have 1 strength and 1 weakness if we use that.

3 skills that have no scale seems too easy.

I am glad at the feedback I am getting. Most of the suggestions here are to allow you to build a player over time if you choose not to be super active at the start. I don't expect all these to go forth and I suppose saying all are improvements was dumb, more suggestions to draw ideas from.