Create Account

Oilers trade Sam Gagner

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Jun 29 2014, 09:37 PM
We actually unloaded Crombeen?

Purcell+Crombeen for a pick. I wonder who we're signing.
Damn only a 6th but as a cap dump I have no issue with it.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Kinda curious who Tampa is interested in. I don't really have a whole lot of interest in the free agent crop, a lot of overpaid guys.

A 6th round pick for Crombeen an Gagner LOL Tampa being horribly handled too. They are worth way more indivually than a 6th rounder even if its a cap dump its a stupid one

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2014, 06:40 PM

Damn only a 6th but as a cap dump I have no issue with it.

Ehhh. Crombeen is expendable, glad that someone actually took him off our hands. We lost Purcell and got a 6th. Opens up a roster spot and a lot of cap space. Off-season is shaping up to be fun.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2014, 06:42 PM
Kinda curious who Tampa is interested in. I don't really have a whole lot of interest in the free agent crop, a lot of overpaid guys.

Maybe TB brings in Vanek as a surprise winning bid. Everyone expects MIN to get Vanek.

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jun 29 2014, 09:43 PM
A 6th round pick for Crombeen an Gagner LOL Tampa being horribly handled too. They are worth way more indivually than a 6th rounder even if its a cap dump its a stupid one
Crombeen is worth nothing :lol: Tampa has been handled anything but horribly, they have made nothing but good moves over the past season. As much as I hated moving Marty, getting 2 first rounders and Ryan Callahan who's now signed for 6 years is one of the biggest robberies I can think of.

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jun 29 2014, 09:45 PM

Maybe TB brings in Vanek as a surprise winning bid. Everyone expects MIN to get Vanek.
God I hope not. I hate Vanek.

Dan Boyle to DET, book it now. As for Niskanen, I see him being a Sabre. BUF will overpay, ala Ehrhoff..LOL

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 30s
TB cleared a shade more than $5.6M in salary cap space tonight by trading Purcell and Crombeen and flipping Gagner. Lots of cap room now.

Hell yeah. Purcell played terribly the past half ot the season. Crombeen I think played like 3 games over the second half of the season. I like the move.

Shit wonder who Tampa is gonna go for.

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2014, 07:47 PM
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  30s
TB cleared a shade more than $5.6M in salary cap space tonight by trading Purcell and Crombeen and flipping Gagner. Lots of cap room now.

Hell yeah. Purcell played terribly the past half ot the season. Crombeen I think played like 3 games over the second half of the season. I like the move.

It would be good if you guys sign someone in FA. Florida doesn't have an advantage that they have the best taxes in the NHL no more.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Jun 29 2014, 09:49 PM

It would be good if you guys sign someone in FA. Florida doesn't have an advantage that they have the best taxes in the NHL no more.
They do have one of the top 3 players in the world, one of the most respected players to ever play in the NHL as their GM, 2 Calder candidates this past season and one of the 3 coach of the year candidates. I think they'll be fine :lol:

Crombeen is semi compitent fighter with similar play like Dorsett/bollig who landed 3rd rounders(overpayment but still)

Gangers a top 6 forward prob not a center.

They get a 6th which usually lands u a guy whose not going to be an NHLer cap dump or not its a stupid move

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2014, 09:45 PM

Crombeen is worth nothing :lol: Tampa has been handled anything but horribly, they have made nothing but good moves over the past season. As much as I hated moving Marty, getting 2 first rounders and Ryan Callahan who's now signed for 6 years is one of the biggest robberies I can think of.
that is by no means a robbery lol
its a good return for Marty, but not close to a robbery

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 2m
I am now hearing Boyle and Inginla as possible targets for @TBLightning in the UFA Mkt. Some vets to go with a strong group of young players

I really hope not. I wouldn't mind Iggy but no thanks to Boyle