Create Account

S20 Edmonton Blizzard Interested Prospects

Greetings s20 Draft Eligibles!

The Edmonton Blizzard is the winningest franchise in SHL history with 5 Challenge Cup Champion Banners hanging from the rafters. A perennial contender, with a respected GM team of Teztify and Keenan, the Edmonton Blizzard are heading into the S20 Draft looking to add committed, positive players to our roster.

Opportunities exist for players to quickly move up the lineup. The organization has always valued activity and dedication. Half of the SMJHL managers are from the Blizzard (JayWhy, JumpierPegasus, and myself) so we obviously are serious about helping young players adjust to the league and become comfortable with what it takes to be the best.

We do not have a lot of draft picks at this point, but we have our first and our fifth rounders, both of which can yield quality players.

If you have interest in becoming the next big thing in the history of this top-tier franchise, please reply to this post and answer the following questions:

Code:
1. What is your player name and position?

2. What interests you about the league? What do you like so far?

3. What do you like better, LR talk or chatzy?

4. What are your goals for your player long-term?

5. How would you describe your personality?

6. Are you hoping to play one more season in the SMJHL or do you hope to make the transition to the SHL immediately?

The Edmonton Blizzard look forward to meeting you!

Best of luck to all of you in the Draft and in your exciting futures in the SHL!

Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

James Adkins - Centre

I love the community and discussions around the league as well as watching my player develop.

Either or work for me.

Win cups, lots of 'em.

Relaxed, easy going guy.

6. Are you hoping to play one more season in the SMJHL or do you hope to make the transition to the SHL immediately?
I'm fine with whatever transition model the team thinks would be best for me.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Chester Cunningham - LW

I like building my player the way I envision. I also like the community of people that are on here making things more fun.

Chatzy for sure.

To be the best and help my team win the cup.

Fun loving, laid back, a troll at times.

I'm thinking one more year in the SMJHL, Since my player has had a lackluster first year so far.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Jed Lloren, right wing.

I really like the sense of camaraderie between the members in the league.

I like chatzy because I don't have to keep refreshing the page, but I'm very active in both aspects.

My goals are to win numerous championships and hopefully GM an SMJHL team in the future.

I'm very flexible to ideas, open...I really try to be funny, and loose.

I really don't mind going back to the SMJHL for a year, but if allowed to stay up in the SHL..it'd be nice to be there!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Bojo Biscuit

I love being able to talk crap with other people and have a good time. I love the activity, something I honestly didn't think would happen before joining.

chatzy, just because it's easier to actually have a conversation. Posting would feel like emails

To see our goalie win many awards, have the least goals against, and of course win the cup.

Pretty laid back, but very goofy. Too goofy sometimes.

I'm not really sure, to be honest. On one hand I would love to play on MTL again, but if I can make an impact now I would like to.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

1. What is your player name and position? I am Le Scucker and I play LW.

2. What interests you about the league? What do you like so far? All the people here except for Charlie Salty are amazing. Great people to talk to. Regina has over 130 pages in our discussion thread, and It's all made for great conversation Smile

3. What do you like better, LR talk or chatzy? LR because I don't really keep up with the Chatzy.

4. What are your goals for your player long-term? To be a fast paced, hard hitting player that can put up points, and to hopefully play a key role in a championship run.

5. How would you describe your personality? Good guy, easy to talk to.

6. Are you hoping to play one more season in the SMJHL or do you hope to make the transition to the SHL immediately? We have a good thing going in Regina, so I certainly wouldn't mind heading back there for another year, but I would also love to come to the SHL immediately. It all depends on what the team's best interest is.

Nathan Russell - Right Wing

The creativity, and the sense of community - especially once you're part of a LR and invested in your team.

Yes! </helpful>

I think both have their place - an active LR is important to keep you involved in the site, and is ideal for sharing knowledge, but chatzy is a great outlet for quick questions, random discussions, and getting to know each other. I think a team can have a good community with an active LR and no chatzy, but has a much harder time with a chatzy and no LR.

Hard hitting but still skilled power forward. And to win the cup because I've helped a strong team band together - not because I did well enough on my own to carry them there.

Logical, interested, quiet and talkative in turns, sarcastic, detailed, helpful

Whichever feels like it's the best fit - I want to be able to feel like I'm both growing as a player and contributing to my team, but I'm open to how best to do that.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

1. What is your player name and position? Mikko Koskinen - RW

The activity. People are on everyday, and I can talk about anything on this site. Also, you Kez :wub:

I prefer chatzy. It is quicker and more efficient than the LR. However, I will be active in both!

I would like to captain an SHL team and win at least one challenge cup.

You know me Kez Tongue
Fun, active, funny, helpful, etc. I like to think I am pretty personable

The Knights have been so successful this year, that I would like to play another season in the SMJHL. Chances are, we will be defending the cup next season! Wink

Christophe Bourgeois - Right Wing

I love seeing what common interests can build. A group of people who come together, work hard to create an in depth simulator made this interesting to me. I love interacting with everyone, they are so positive about the goings on and SO welcoming of new players. Watching your player progress as you build their stats versus others who are trying to build a better player is so much fun.

I haven't spent a lot of tone in chatzy because I'm usually peeking in on the boards at work and the firewall doesn't support it (hard to be on at home chasing after a one year old). Therefore LR talk had become very fun for me.

I wanted to craft a skilled scorer. I want to turn him into an offensive terror that is a consistent enough performer,that you would be comfortable throwing him out there in any situation.

Here, a team player. I love watching my stats grow, but i love seeing team success more.I am on the Knights currently and watching us take charge of the league had been so much fun! I think iIam a helpful person, I like doing things for my teammates and others. I also love to banter in the LR and during games

This is so unimportant to me. I realize it is not my choice. If my SHL team decides i need to be sent down, I will go down and dominate the league. If not, I will do my best for my SHL team.

Pedro Sarantez | LW/RW

Seeing my player progress and the comradery. The people, a great group.

Both. Chatzy is good for immediate contact, but LR is better for a topic for everyone.

Win Cups and get dat TPE

Awful, dull, the worst, hate everyone, AND sarcastic Smile

I hope to make the transition, but I am absolutely ok with spending another year in the SMJHL.

bump this over my update thread. First time we've done this since I've been here, might as well publicize it. Fill this shit out, juniors.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Valterri Bottas - Defense

The amount of activity, the articles, PbP's can be interesting, the IHF, following the season.

If I had to choose a preference I guess locker room talk because it's archived. chatzy is cool too as you can talk to people in real time.

Respected member of the league who can help new players around the boards and help keep the league interesting and fun. Lead Finland to a Gold Medal. Play a key role for my team and win as many Challenge Cups as possible. In the event of expansion in the SMJHL I would like to be considered for a GM or Co-GM role.

Complete a-hole ... not really! I'm a good person, never try to start any b/s and keep things lighthearted but I love to mess around at the same time.
I'm open to having discussions about whatever.

Honestly I commend the job JP has done and the locker room he has created in St. Louis. I would certainly be happy to stick around for another season with some of the current guys and welcome in next years draft class. It would obviously be an opportunity to play a really big role for the team as well which would be pretty cool. If the SHL team feels that whats best for me and the organization is to play for them immediately then so be it. I know right now you guys have only a couple picks, so there's a pretty good chance you may be looking to keep the players you draft up in the SHL. That's fine with me. You have a great organization and I would be proud to be the newest member. I'll be sticking around and taking advantage of every chance to update my player so I can guarantee that if you use the pick on myself it would be a good selection.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Barney Stinson - D

I like pretending to be a hockey player. I can't skate in real life Plus I love hanging out in the locker room and chatzy fucking around the guys

Chatzy....its more immediate

I want to be LEGEN-Wait-for-it

I'm unique. I can be crass and twisted, my mind can come up with some fucked up stuff...but in the end I am just a really nice guy who is easy to get along with.....if you can handle random fucked up comments.

The Kelowna Knights have an awesome GM, so I am open to another season in the SMJHL, but I will go wherever the team needs/wants me.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

My name is Toki Wartooth and I am playing Defense

My interest is just playing, reading some articles and overall just making new friends over simulated hockey.

I prefer Chatzy for chatting purposes, but I always follow and enjoy conversations in the locker room as well.

I want to win cups. I want to be a relaible guy in defense and contribute to the offense too.

I am kinda shy at the beggining but once I get to know the people around me I can talk about just anything. I am very talkative, empathic and sympathic. Overall I am here to have fun and to support the persons I am around.

I do not really care, I will play where the management thinks I need to be in order to bring the best for the team.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Aviad Ratzon C/RW

2. What interests you about the league? What do you like so far? Really everything honestly. I enjoy the games and reading the PBP'S as well as the locker room conversations and chatzys

3. What do you like better, LR talk or chatzy? Both! That's because I'll keep one open in each tab

4. What are your goals for your player long-term? To be a contributor in all three parts of the ice as well as all three parts of the game from 5 vs. 5. PK and the PP.

5. How would you describe your personality? Definitely quirky and nice and my teammates have no problems with me

6. Are you hoping to play one more season in the SMJHL or do you hope to make the transition to the SHL immediately? Honestly it all depends if decent minutes line up I'll gladly take them in the SHL where if I'm going to be a fourth liner and play no minutes then I'd rather stay down. Honestly I'd rather stay up because it would be hard to be part of a locker room and not be out there with your teammates

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]