Create Account

EDMONTON 2014-2015 season

Pre-season starts this sunday. Looking forward to seeing how Drastial, Yakimov, Moroz and Chase play against NHL players.

Line-up/spot battles

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Pouliot-Drastial/Acrobello-Yakupov
Perron-Acrobello/Lander/Yakimov/Drastial-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Lander/Acrobello/Moroz/Joensuu/PAKARINEN/PINIZZOTTO
Joensuu/Pinizzotto/Pakarinen/Lander

Nikitin-Fayne
Ference-J.Schultz
Marincin/Nurse/Klefbom-Petry

Scrivens/Fasth
Fasth/Scrivens

Hoping this team finishes above the bottom 10 this season.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Are you expecting big things from them?

And now to accept the Conn Smythe award: Jordan Eberle!

And here is Captain Taylor Hall accepting the Stanley Cup ...

dream

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Sep 16 2014, 08:29 AM
Are you expecting big things from them?

Nope, I will be happy if the team doesn't finish in the bottom 10.

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Sep 16 2014, 08:30 AM
And now to accept the Conn Smythe award: Jordan Eberle!

And here is Captain Taylor Hall accepting the Stanley Cup ...

dream

:( :( :( :( :(

Quote:Originally posted by Anada@Sep 16 2014, 10:31 AM

Nope, I will be happy if the team doesn't finish in the bottom 10.

With the players they have drafted in the past few years, I expected bigger things from them.

Gadzic is hurt right now so that is why he isn't there at the moment

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Sep 16 2014, 08:32 AM

With the players they have drafted in the past few years, I expected bigger things from them.

I blame Tambo for most of it as he was just collecting top draft picks to improve the team.With Mact this team as a whole has improved a lot.

I would love to see this team make the playoffs. if fasth or Scrivens exceeds expectations I want to say it is possible, but not probable.

Hall is seriously good, I know he gets no love around the league but anyone who watches him knows he is a top tier talent in the NHL.

I want to see Arcobello given a chance on 2C but if Draisatil is as good as advertised, he may be the choice there!

have to say also I favor Marincin in the lineup, he was a lonely bright spot on the Dline last season, deserves another look

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by Anada@Sep 16 2014, 10:34 AM

I blame Tambo for most of it as he was just collecting top draft picks to improve the team.With Mact this team as a whole has improved a lot.

Yeahthat

Who's going to be in the pipes this season?

I am kind of hoping Yakimov somehow makes the team due to his size, fuckin 6 5 230lbs. Its doubtful due to the fact he is 19, slow and still needs to be learn some things about playing on the small ice surface. I see him turning out to be a Hanzal type player in the future if he reaches his potential.

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Sep 16 2014, 08:38 AM

Yeahthat

Who's going to be in the pipes this season?

Scriven/Fasth are going to battle for the #1 spot, all season long.

Quote:Originally posted by Anada@Sep 16 2014, 10:40 AM

Scriven/Fasth are going to battle for the #1 spot, all season long.

I'm hoping to see that. I want to see their top 6 go above 0 in the plus/minus category, they have been lacking that. And breakout season for Nail Yakupov? I don't see it happening.

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Sep 16 2014, 08:46 AM

I'm hoping to see that. I want to see their top 6 go above 0 in the plus/minus category, they have been lacking that. And breakout season for Nail Yakupov? I don't see it happening.

If Yakupov scores 30 goals this season, Hopkins becomes a 70 point center, Drastial and Acrobello gets 40 points and Fasth/Scrivens gets a. 920sv%. Our chances of making the playoffs this season is super high but those things are highly unlikely.

Quote:Originally posted by Anada@Sep 16 2014, 10:51 AM

If Yakupov scores 30 goals this season, Hopkins becomes a 70 point center, Drastial and Acrobello gets 40 points and Fasth/Scrivens gets a. 920sv%. Our chances of making the playoffs this season is super high but those things are highly unlikely.

Yeah I know I always wanted them to succeed but I don't know what's wrong with them. Yakupov is just terrible now.