Create Account

Banananov Wants Minnesota Sorry everybody else!

Hello, I'm Chernika Banananov of the St. Louis Scarecrows.

It has come to my attention that I am going to be drafted at some point to the big leagues and will be placed on whatever team decides to pick me. This could be one of many teams like The New England Patriots or the Toronto Maple Leafs.

That is all well and good, and I am sure that all those teams are just super, but that is not what I want to happen.

See, I was introduced to this place by my fiancé (garbanzo) and think it is really fun to make a player like my Blueberry Banana-nov. But it won't be fun if I have to play on a different team than him, and it wouldn't be as much fun for him either. Plus, what if he doesn't help me with my player and sabotages me on purpose! That would be horrible! :(

Now of course he said that he would never do that, but I don't want to risk it! So I don't want to play for any other team than his team, which is Minnesota.

Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs

I will now be publicly apologizing to all the teams that I don't want to play for, because that seems like the nice thing to do in exchange for you not drafting me.

Hamilton: I don't know where this is. I also don't know what a Steelhawk is. I am really sorry I couldn't be a Hawk, but from what I learned from the Mighty Ducks Hawks are bad. Except for Banks! He is nice! You have cool blue and silver colors which would have been cool, so you have that going for you! Hooray!

Manhattan: You guys throw a monster new years eve party, but I am way too old for that stuff. Me and the boo went to bed at like 12:01 because we were so tired this year. I am sorry that I couldn't be a rage monster, but I'm not a mean rage person, so sorry!

New England: The Patriots are a pretty good team so there is that. Is wolves like direwolves? Like Summer in Game of Thrones? That's a good thing if that is the case. If it is a regular wolf that is okay too. Sorry that I didn't want to be a wolf but you guys are nice!

Toronto: I went to Toronto a few weeks ago, and it was fun! But we saw the Maple Leafs beat the Red Wings which sucked! :(

You guys have a cool logo thing, though. It's like a big T for Toronto. Really clever! Sorry I don't want to play for you.

West Kendall: Is this a real city or is it fake? I have never heard of it before. Also I'm sorry I don't like army names. I never saw the movie Platoon so maybe that's where it is coming from? I don't know. Eagles are nice. Sorry I don't want to be an Eagle!

Calgary: Rawr! Dragons! Red is a good color like the Red Wings, and dragons are pretty cool. I do know your team didn't make the playoffs which stinks, but maybe next year! I'm sorry I can't help with that, but I already told you guys that I don't want to play for you. Nothing personal, I promise.

Edmonton: Go Wings, Go! I hope we beat the Oilers tonight! I would say something nice about your team but I had to go to Staples in the freezing cold today so I hate your team right now! Maybe in the summer I won't be so hateful but right now you guys are my biggest rival!

Los Angeles: I really like the Kings cause of Kopidar! But I don't like Panthers that much. Not enough to hate you like Edmonton and their snowy mascot, but not a lot. Probably bottom five. I'm really sorry about that!

Seattle: Really out west! I thought about taking a trip up there, but not as a player in this thing! Riots are also bad, so you should feel bad about that. That isn't something to joke about or make a mascot of, so you guys are also in my bottom five. But it doesn't matter, because I don't want to play for you, but remember it's not personal or anything! I bet you guys are great!

Renegades: Renegades are criminals, so obviously I don't like the team just like I don't like the Riot. You guys won the cup, though, so that is always good. I would totally want to play for you guys if I wanted to play for you guys. So, sorry guys.

Winnipeg: That place is really cold, but jets are nice and you guys are probably super nice. But again, I have to turn you down even if you don't want me on the team. Sorry if you were interested, but I have to say no.

That should be everybody. I really hope this doesn't backfire and Minnesota drafts me, cause this would be really embarrassing. So, please Minnesota draft me? Thanks.

If there are any players who want me to apologize to them specifically, just let me know and I will respond. Also let me know what team you are on so I can make sure I am apologizing for the right reasons.

Sorry, guys!

Ilike

Tell em!

Just so you know, this has been done before where someone requests a certain team. 9/10, it is because of the public request that they get drafted by a different team. Teams want to show you that you don't control your destiny, they do. I did it in the SMJHL multiple times to people.

I wish you luck, but this may have been a bad idea. We'll see how it goes.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

I'unno how I feel about this.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jan 6 2015, 08:01 PM
Just so you know, this has been done before where someone requests a certain team. 9/10, it is because of the public request that they get drafted by a different team. Teams want to show you that you don't control your destiny, they do. I did it in the SMJHL multiple times to people.

Lol uh oh.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jan 6 2015, 08:01 PM

The player does have some control, in example Carlzner in S20 and the player can always not sign and go back into the draft next season.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jan 6 2015, 05:01 PM

tbh, I think it'd be a waste if I drafted a player that didn't want to come play for my team.

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Jan 6 2015, 08:04 PM

tbh, I think it'd be a waste if I drafted a player that didn't want to come play for my team.

Well it's not like I don't want to play for your team or another team.

Maybe I worded it wrong?

Banananov is ArGars girlfriend/fiance/wife or something like that, its understandable why this was done. Of course it is up to the SHL teams if they feel like Chernika fills a role they need, but I won't say it was a bad idea

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Quote:Originally posted by PeanutButter@Jan 6 2015, 05:05 PM

Well it's not like I don't want to play for your team or another team.

Maybe I worded it wrong?

I'm on the Chiefs tho ..

JT be tamperin haard

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jan 6 2015, 05:01 PM

Most of the time in the SHL that player refuses to sign a contract and the other team trades them for pennies. See Carls last player.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Jan 6 2015, 08:07 PM

I'm on the Chiefs tho ..

:lol:

Don't blame her for not knowing any Chiefs players except for me.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Most of the teams who would consider still drafting you will also do it with the idea of having leverage. Forcing Minnesota to give up something extra to get you instead of just letting them have you. You're a good prospect, they'd take the chances of drafting you before they get a chance if they don't take you first and hoping you just stick with them instead or they can get a little bonus out of JT.

Like I said, I wish you luck and hope it works out. It's just that historically, it hasn't gone well.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 6 2015, 07:08 PM

Most of the time in the SHL that player refuses to sign a contract and the other team trades them for pennies. See Carls last player.

JT lets be honest Carl had no trade value anyways