Create Account

How to resolve "I only want to play here" Players

Quote:Originally posted by ,Jan 6 2015@ 10:02 PM
Go back to being drafted 1 season, inability to put TPE for 1 season.

^^^

Discord are for plebs

Get stud on the BoD imo.

"...and so it shall be called Bojo's Idea. And it was good..."

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jan 7 2015, 09:16 AM
"...and so it shall be called Bojo's Idea. And it was good..."
and there was much rejoicing.

[Image: i-7f2e0ee1c8912e7e29e201c193d9199a-much_rejoicing.jpg]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

This definitely is an issue the league needs to have something in place for. When Ace changed the plan and let my player drop, I wondered if a GM considered taking me knowing I wished to play in New England.

Not that I wouldn't play elsewhere, but as Vaseline said and I will say hands down is the biggest part of me wanting to play in New England was/is the no bullshit LR we got going. Unwritten rule is DBAA, everyone follows and its paying off. None of our members have faced discipline problems, anyone who has had me as GM knows full well you'd be out on your ass if your presence caused the team issues

And that's where the issue also lies. Each LR is different and will be appealing to each person at different levels depending on their tastes. Someone might enjoy the style of LR that Vaseline mentioned, some will likely not. However if you were to get drafted to a team and didn't know what their LR was like, you'd be extremely hesitant to join it. I had that apprehension awaiting Ace to call my name. I know a lot of people here and would play anywhere but regardless, I'd want at least one person I know and that for a lot of people matters.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I like Maxy's idea. Teams own a drafted players rights for three seasons anyway, why should that suddenly change just because a team doesn't manage to sign a player right away?

I do think that the discussion about Bananov is somewhat overblown though... A good GM knows how to calculate the risk that comes with such a player. Will she drop because she has made herself less valuable to the other teams? Probably. But she will only drop as far until some GM decides that the possible reward outweights the risk and picks her up anyway. I don't really know much about the strength of the upcoming draft but from what I've read it seems like Bananov was expected to be drafted mid-to-late first round. Now the next Minny-pick after #1 is at #16 if I'm not mistaken, so what do you think will happen once Bananov has dropped out of the first round, if that even happens? Will the GMs who pick at 13, 14 or 15 prefer an active 270 TPE who just likes another team a bit more, or a semi-active 200 TPE guy? Those GMs don't even have to act out of spite or to punish Minny or Bananov, if this scenario occurs then someone will pick her up and it will be the right call just from a pure value perspective.

If a player merely prefers a certain team then that's absolutely fine though (which seems to be the case with Bananov anyway), it happens all the time. I remember talking to Caillean on the VHL and she would've played for my team if we had drafted her, but at the same time I'm pretty sure that me and most other GMs knew that she would prefer to play for jala's team. There is nothing wrong with that.
Now if a player only wants to play for one team only and threatens to hold out on everybody else then, well... fuck him/her! The SHL is strong enough to not have to cater to every single members selfish reasons and how often does something like this happen anyway? Once every few seasons it feels like, maybe a little more but still not even once per draft. We can stomach losing one member every few seasons and that is if they even go inactive, maybe they learn to deal with being drafted by someone else and become good members after all? I would actually argue that it is worth it just to preserve the integrity of the league and to show respect to the GMs and all the other people that put in so much work to improve their teams and give their players the best possible experience!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I honestly dont know why people care.
You can draft them and force the only team to trade big.
Draft make em enjoy their time.

If someone wants to go somewhere its a fucking sim league. If they slip down to far draft em and sit en/trade em for more.

Its not a problem.

[Image: livius.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Jan 7 2015, 08:50 AM
I honestly dont know why people care.
You can draft them and force the only team to trade big.
Draft make em enjoy their time.

If someone wants to go somewhere its a fucking sim league. If they slip down to far draft em and sit en/trade em for more.

Its not a problem.
I agree only issue is that teams know they won't play for you so they won't offer you much. Handcuffing you

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender