Create Account

Skiing in Kelowna Johnny O Facebook 2

[Image: Facebook_zps1e3ebf74.png]
Posted 1/8/2014

Before I get started, I want to thank all my followers for the positive reply to my first of this series. My post about playing for the Detroit Falcons was well received, especially by those Falcon fans who took the time to leave kind comments. Mucho gracias mi amigos!

I'll move to the Western Conference for the follow up and where better to start than sunny Kelowna! No seriously, Kelowna is an amazing city. I had the opportunity to play in a youth tournament in the southern region of British Columbia once and we had an absolute blast on Okanagan Lake. My team not only had the opportunity to tour the Knights facilities, but we were able to meet many players. As a hockey player just getting into high school, I was completely in awe over the sights of Eric Wolf, Anton Novokoff, John McBride, and so many other great Knights from team history. Graphics of these greats are literally plastered all over the walls of the team facilities, oh and by the way...they have quite the impressive trophy case as well.

Much like Detroit, the Kelowna Knights are one of the most respected franchises in junior hockey. Unlike so many franchises that relocate and re-brand, the Kelowna Knights have been a staple in the SMJHL since Season 4. It would be an honor to don the uniform and become a part of the history. I would have to apologize shortly after draft day though. Moosejaw Boudreau, Erik Karlsson, and Mariusz Kwik...I'm sorry, but your records would fall. Smile

I want to congratulate the Knights on making it to the Season 21 SMJHL Finals and wish all their players the best of luck. It would be nice to see them bring another cup back to BC and then how about some Johnny O to help make it back-to-back?

Hey man. Welcome to the league. It's exciting to see the next crop already starting to pour in. We may be in the market for a number 2 Dman if Mari gets red shirted.

As goalie, I am always in favor of our high draft picks going to defensemen Wink Regardless, good luck with your journey and enjoy the festivities! They will be exciting when your apart of it! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Good luck in the SMJHL draft. You're obviously looking like you'll be quite the player. Hope you find the forums fun enough to stay active. Kelowna is a great team to be drafted by. There's a good chance that three of our SHL draft eligible players will be going 1st round. Which is due in part to the great LR experience and just having level headed guys to be around.

As for my records, good luck. If you pray to a deity, start praying.

Knights

Welcome man! Good write up !

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]