Create Account

New suspension rule petition

Hello everyone, I would like to propose a new rule regarding the process of which players are to be suspended.

In light of a recent suspension I have witnessed, I feel as if something is need to be said about how the suspensions on this site are dealt with. What I would like to propose is a new rule in which the disciplinarian has a maximum of 48 hours after the offense to come to a decision. In this time the disciplinarian is to decide whether or not to suspend, as well as the length of the suspension.

This would be beneficial to the league because this will prevent the disciplinarian from using an old offense to get back at a player who has recently angered him.

This would be a small change, with worthwhile benefits. 48 Hours is a fair time frame to come to a decision, as analysis and decision making takes as little as 5 minutes in most cases.

I understand that the disciplinarian is a commissioner, so my preference would be that this particular commissioner does not get a say in the decision making over this petition to prevent bias, and that the decision making is handed over to the remainder of the commissioners.

Thanks for your time,

T muddafuckin Smith

You're cool

-Offense posted yesterday after I forgot to post it up sooner for discussion in the discipline section.

-I am not the disciplinarian, I just announced it.

-3 people, including myself, agreed with the suspension.

-Thus, no.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 7 2012, 03:46 PM
-Offense posted yesterday after I forgot to post it up sooner for discussion in the discipline section.

-I am not the disciplinarian, I just announced it.

-3 people, including myself, agreed with the suspension.

-Thus, no.
Sorry I asked that you would not be included in the negotiation/decision process.

Edit: I never said I did not agree with the suspension, did you thoroughly read my petition?

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Mar 7 2012, 06:47 PM

Sorry I asked that you would not be included in the negotiation/decision process.

Edit: I never said I did not agree with the suspension, did you thoroughly read my petition?

My point is that every commissioner in power (myself, Bolt, and Kearns) agreed with this suspension, which is your target here. Thus, no, it wasn't just me and no, they can't do shit either if you say that. Also, as the commissioners in charge of discipline, we do have a say over how we do business. Sorry.

Also, to the part about essentially getting back at a member. There is no set time right now, but of course an offense that is weeks old won't come back to haunt somebody. This one, however, was about 4 days old when punished and 3 days old when the discussion began.

Suspension is horse shit. Worse stuff is said on a daily basis, now we lose one of our better players for the first two games of the playoffs ya that is some shit right there Rolleyes

Wow.

Also it is pretty ironic that RIGHT after he chirps you, you post it. Seems more than a little coincidental.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 7 2012, 03:52 PM
Also, to the part about essentially getting back at a member. There is no set time right now, but of course an offense that is weeks old won't come back to haunt somebody. This one, however, was about 4 days old when punished and 3 days old when the discussion began.
I just feel as if you were given substantial time, and when the player who you suspended recently angered you, you handed him a suspension. At no point did I say I did not agree with the suspension, I just think you handled it very unprofessionally.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Mar 7 2012, 06:54 PM
Suspension is horse shit. Worse stuff is said on a daily basis, now we lose one of our better players for the first two games of the playoffs ya that is some shit right there Rolleyes
I said it. I take responsibility. I just find it hilarious that it's 2 fcking playoff games for telling someone who I find annoying to suck a dick.

Ffs. People say a lot of shit to me on this site every day and no one cares.

And you posted it right after I angered you.

Popcorn

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Mar 7 2012, 06:56 PM
Also it is pretty ironic that RIGHT after he chirps you, you post it. Seems more than a little coincidental.

Lol. What a conspiracy theorist. If you want, I'll allow you in the disciplinarian forum to calm your thoughts.

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Mar 7 2012, 06:56 PM

I just feel as if you were given substantial time, and when the player who you suspended recently angered you, you handed him a suspension. At no point did I say I did not agree with the suspension, I just think you handled it very unprofessionally.

It was posted up yesterday, like I said to HFFO. I'll offer you the same deal. I'll let you in the disciplinarian forum for a little while to see for yourself.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Mar 7 2012, 06:57 PM

I said it. I take responsibility. I just find it hilarious that it's 2 fcking playoff games for telling someone who I find annoying to suck a dick.

Ffs. People say a lot of shit to me on this site every day and no one cares.
Ya that's what bug's me. 2 playoff games might as well be the same as 10 regular season games.....