Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

anyone know of a decently priced Pauper or Modern deck I could get for MTGO?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 19 2015, 05:57 PM
I caved.

I bought MTGO.
poor soul.

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 22 2015, 05:38 PM
anyone know of a decently priced Pauper or Modern deck I could get for MTGO?

^Bump

I wanna know, too.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 27 2015, 06:43 PM

^Bump

I wanna know, too.

Decently priced and Magic The Gathering?

[Image: tumblr_m28ralFkwS1r3tjwm.gif]

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mac@Nov 27 2015, 04:56 PM

Decently priced and Magic The Gathering?

Smile) good point Mac.

GC, I decided to go with Mono-U Delver control in pauper. FYI, MTGOTraders is doing 10% off M-F this week with the code CyberWeek.

Also, picking up the Commander 15 GB deck

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 27 2015, 04:43 PM

^Bump

I wanna know, too.
maybe a modern burn deck?

also anyone see the Oath of the Gatewatch spoilers so far?

RIP Mac & 701

I just won my first match (out of 3) with a bullshit green deck I made out of the cards they gave me right off the bat, lol

I'll look into those decks! Probably gonna wait for the Cyber Monday deals though.

I have not and will not get MTGO, it's pretty broken honestly and I prefer the type where I make a fun deck out of all the cards available to me and sit at my buddies table with a bunch of people, beer, and chat and play.

I don't think I have a deck thats non-commander worth over $20.

Edit: Actually, yes, zombies cause those two Lords of The Undead I bought were $8 each.

[Image: Lord_of_the_Undead_f.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Mac@Nov 27 2015, 05:04 PM
I have not and will not get MTGO, it's pretty broken honestly and I prefer the type where I make a fun deck out of all the cards available to me and[b] sit at my buddies table with a bunch of people, beer, and chat and play.

I don't think I have a deck thats non-commander worth over $20.

Edit: Actually, yes, zombies cause those two Lords of The Undead I bought were $8 each.[/b]

I'd LOVE to do that, but being in a town without any of my old friends around me, I wanted to get acquainted with the rules before going into a game store cold - and running the risk of meeting nothing but jackass neckbeards. The $10/month is worth it for now, but I'll have no problem cancelling it if/when I meet cool people to play with at the store.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 27 2015, 08:06 PM

I'd LOVE to do that, but being in a town without any of my old friends around me, I wanted to get acquainted with the rules before going into a game store cold - and running the risk of meeting nothing but jackass neckbeards. The $10/month is worth it for now, but I'll have no problem cancelling it if/when I meet cool people to play with at the store.

It has always been in my life, it is like having the worlds biggest board game at your disposal.

My parents used to go into town top pickup groceries and I would stop by my friends place to play a handful of games before they stopped in on the way back home. Nowadays, it's much more planned out since work and life happened but we still get together to get fucked up and play magic at least once a month.

Next weekend, I am meeting up with a buddy after work with a growler (1.9l of beer) and a case, as will he. Magic and Drinking Doom, Rockband, then walk out to the pond/lake completely trashed and watch the sun come up and head home. That's always been our end of night/day thing, watch this little ecosystem come to life.

Off on a tangent there, anywho, we end up having battles between the same decks at times, which have been enemies for years, my friends Golgari and my Selesnya, their have been some amazingly crazy fights between those two at times. Toss in his bothers Orzhov in a triple threat and you got some serious shit.

Damn I am rambling but seriously could talk about Magic endlessly.

Seperate post for seperate though

Currently Working on two decks.

A white/blue control

High Ground, Brave The Sands and Esperzoa and Gomozoa.

A red/black/green Jund deck

Dark Ritual, Tremors, Pyroclasm, Firesprout, Damnation, Crux of Fate, Lifes End, Havoc Demon, Reiver Demon

Yo GCool, it's $10 one time fee, not a subscription model.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 27 2015, 08:20 PM
Yeahthat

Just don't get sucked into limited on MTGO. I made that mistake at first. I bought a deck I like playing now and mess around with it when I'm bored. I play my limited now in paper and use those cards for casual kitchen table

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 27 2015, 10:20 PM

Magic along with decently priced does not work well with a phrase like "One time fee"

It's called Cardboard Crack for a reason.

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Nov 27 2015, 08:22 PM

Yeahthat

Just don't get sucked into limited on MTGO. I made that mistake at first. I bought a deck I like playing now and mess around with it when I'm bored. I play my limited now in paper and use those cards for casual kitchen table

Ahh, got it. Phew! Now I won't feel as bad about buying a few cards here and there to make a half decent deck on MTGO.