Create Account

Nicholson appointed CEO of Oilers includes supervising hockey operations

Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=764...vid=DL|EDM|home

Code:
Bob Nicholson has been appointed Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Nicholson, who joined the organization as Vice-Chair in June of 2014, will take over an expanded set of responsibilities within OEG that includes authority over all aspects of business and hockey operations for the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club

I think this means Lowe isn't the head guy anymore.

[Image: hallsy.png]

great for edmonton

[Image: livius.gif]

Great news!

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

So, with actual change maybe on the horizon, plus McDavid... can we get Oil Change back? That show was pretty good...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Watch him not fire Lowe or MacT Smile)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Apr 20 2015, 11:08 AM
Watch him not fire Lowe or MacT Smile)

I would keep Mact but fire Lowe. Give Mact one more year

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Apr 20 2015, 11:07 AM
So, with actual change maybe on the horizon, plus McDavid... can we get Oil Change back? That show was pretty good...

It was a decent show but I rather not a distraction that is not needed for the players

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Apr 20 2015, 01:11 PM
It was a decent show but I rather not a distraction that is not needed for the players
Blink Are you saying they don't actually exist for our amusement? (Really though, fair point.)

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

After hearing the PC for the first time in a long time I feel like real change is coming to the team.

Pretty excited.

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."

But who gets fired now. Until someone down below gets canned it'll just be a "the more things change, the more they stay the same" attitude.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by BigTittySmitty@Apr 20 2015, 01:02 PM
But who gets fired now. Until someone down below gets canned it'll just be a "the more things change, the more they stay the same" attitude.

Well he pretty much just took Lowe's old spot.

There was no vote of confidence given to either Lowe or MacT and he was quoted as saying "The first thing is to get the right people at the executive level" as well as saying that they're waiting to make changes until after the play-offs so they get a chance to talk to everyone.

I very highly doubt MacT is still here for the start of the season after those comments, and if he is i'd bet his leash is pretty much as short as it can be.

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Apr 20 2015, 04:09 PM

There was no vote of confidence given to either Lowe or MacT and he was quoted as saying "The first thing is to get the right people at the executive level" as well as saying that they're waiting to make changes until after the play-offs so they get a chance to talk to everyone.

I very highly doubt MacT is still here for the start of the season after those comments, and if he is i'd bet his leash is pretty much as short as it can be.

Good both of them need to go or else that would just be awful. Not sure why they don't do it now to be honest.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Apr 20 2015, 01:09 PM

There was no vote of confidence given to either Lowe or MacT and he was quoted as saying [b]"The first thing is to get the right people at the executive level" as well as saying that they're waiting to make changes until after the play-offs
so they get a chance to talk to everyone.

I very highly doubt MacT is still here for the start of the season after those comments, and if he is i'd bet his leash is pretty much as short as it can be.[/b]

Babcock :ph34r: