Create Account

William Hendrickson holds first official presser Looks to answer any and all questions

Hello All!
My name is William Hendrickson and as a newly made official member of the S24 draft class I'd like to answer any questions people may have for me.
So please, if you have questions for me, ask away. I'll be answering any and all questions.
Quote:Originally posted by Kel+May 30 2015, 07:43 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kel @ May 30 2015, 07:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Interview This draft class looks to be booming, so how do you look to separate yourself from the other prospects?

Interview You're on a good start right now, so do you believe you can be a top prospect?[/b]
Two very good questions.
I believe I can separate myself from the others by work ethic, and being able to communicate with GMs effectively. In such a large draft class its going to be tough work, but I'm up to the challenge. I want to be the best player I can be and I hope the GMs see the potential I have. I'm here to compete and I want them to see that I mean business. To answer your second question, I believe I have an opportunity to be a top prospect. But in order to fulfill that role I have to make sure to keep my nose to the grindstone and keep looking for opportunities to grow and develop as a player.
Quote:Originally posted by NJBadApple@May 30 2015, 07:55 AM<br />Interview  It seems as if your style of play focuses more on the physical side of the game; How do you see this transitioning to the SHL level?

Interview  What do you, speaking in terms of your game, want GM's to notice the most?
When the time comes to transition to the SHL I believe I will able to adapt effectively while maintaining a physical style of play. My goal is to be able to force the turnovers that create opportunities. Any team who wants a strong physical presence can look my way. I'm hoping with some SMJHL development I can strengthen my defense and my passing to improve this aspect of my play. This ties in to what I'm hoping GM's see in me, which is hard-working dedicated player who does what it takes to win. My style of play beside, I want GM's to know that I am willing to work with their system and adapt to become the great player I know I can be.
Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@May 30 2015, 08:17 AM<br />What kind of league jobs spark interest in you?

Have you started to look at any of the SHL teams or players?
I'm focusing on playing at the moment, but a job in the league does interest me. Maybe a player updater, or maybe something in the bank. Who knows? I might even try to a GM position once I'm adjusted into league life. When it comes to SHL teams and players I've been watching as much of their games as I can to get a gist of who's who in the league. New England definitely sticks out as a strong team, but I could also see myself going a number of different ways as I develop a greater knowledge of the league and its players.
Quote:Originally posted by mryourface2468@May 30 2015, 08:27 AM<br />If you could pick any SMJHL tema to go to, who would you pick and why?

If there any team you don't want to play for?

If you had to change your position, what would you play and why?
I think if I had to pick my own team right now I would probably lean towards Kelowna. They are a strong competitive team, with good general management. I have been in touch with one of their players who has been helping me prepare for league play, so it'd also be nice to have a familiar face coming in. I hold no particular grudges against any of the teams and would be proud to represent the league from any team. And to answer your final question, I would probably play a two-way defenseman, its what I used to play growing up before I became a forward.
<!--QuoteBegin-NovaRC@May 30 2015, 10:30 AM
Interview [b]Who do you think are the top prospects for this draft class?
Answer here.
Interview Do you rank yourself as one of them?
Answer here.[/b][/quote]
My top picks for this draft class would definitely be number one Robb Wind, he's been very active with the rookie community and training so he's got a leg up on many of us. Outside of him, probably Jesster and Jandl making strong cases. I'd also rate Anthony Mantha very highly. I would give myself an outside shot at the first round. I think if I can get my training up and my name out a little bit more I think I can make it. But as a wise friend once told me, nothing is set in stone. We'll have to wait and see come draft day.

I am concluding this press conference as of 1330EST. Thank you to everyone who came out to ask questions! I look forward to seeing everyone at the draft!

Interview This draft class looks to be booming, so how do you look to separate yourself from the other prospects?

Interview You're on a good start right now, so do you believe you can be a top prospect?

Interview It seems as if your style of play focuses more on the physical side of the game; How do you see this transitioning to the SHL level?

Interview What do you, speaking in terms of your game, want GM's to notice the most?

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

What kind of league jobs spark interest in you?

Have you started to look at any of the SHL teams or players?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

If you could pick any SMJHL tema to go to, who would you pick and why?

Quote:Originally posted by mryourface2468@May 30 2015, 08:27 AM
If you could pick any SMJHL tema to go to, who would you pick and why?

Not Vancouver

Vancouver

Whatever your team doesn't need because....Vancouver.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@May 30 2015, 08:29 AM

Not Vancouver

Vancouver

Whatever your team doesn't need because....Vancouver.

:lol:

Interview Who do you think are the top prospects for this draft class?
Answer here.
Interview Do you rank yourself as one of them?
Answer here.