Create Account

GM Bojo & Berger Interview Ft. Bojo & Kel

<div align="center">Bojo has been a Co-GM of the Platoon since last season but this season he was hit with a promotion that possibly change how the Platoon play now and fans are just wondering what will happen to this team. We will just have to wait and see what Bojo has in his plans for this team. Miles Berger is a great young player and he is improving day by day, the league is witnessing it. He made it to the finals this season but unfortunately couldn't get it done and while his free agency days are coming will he re-sign with Edmonton?

[Image: 97880_eb.jpg]

1. You have been recently named the GM of the West Kendall Platoon, what was going through your mind at that time when you got named?

I was already Co-GM last season and most of this season before I was "promoted" to shared Head GM duties with Syckez. He believed that it was best for the team at the time with his activity not quite as high as it used to be, and he knew I could help push the team the way he always wanted to.

But it never really hit me until Syckez stepped down from his role of Head GM that I was in charge of the team. At the time it was bittersweet. Yes, I get to lead the team that drafted me 2nd Overall, Named me Captain my rookie season, and was made co-GM by my third. However, I was mostly feeling sorry for Syckez. Despite his lack of activity, he has been on West Kendall since season 9, with Marshall playing until season 22, and Marzall afterwards. I've told him not to be disappointed with not winning the cup because when things went bad it was always out of your control.

2. There is a lot of pressure being named the GM of any team in any sport, do you think you have what it takes to be a GM and how much pressure do you have on yourself to bring one back to this beautiful city?

Being the Head GM now, there's less pressure than if we were previously a Dynasty-like team. But I won't stop me from constantly pushing this team as hard as we can go. I have help from the whole team, and have been working very closely with Rice and Ohtaay every day to make sure we're on top of everything that goes on. As Head GM I will claim all responsibilities, but it helps knowing I got the whole team behind my back confident in me.

[Image: 2014+NHL+Draft+Round+1+zWWTo4eiJ2rl.jpg]

3. This whole city is going to be depending on you for the next years, what is one thing you need to do or multiple things you need on this team to be back when winning cups?

We need a solid core. We need a LOYAL group of brothers (and sisters!Wink together to fight through not just the good times, but the worst of times. I think being last in the east this season hurts, but it also brought us closer together. We KNOW we can bounce back. Our core is getting stronger every day, and not just this season but next season we have big plans to challenge even the early days of West Kendall in greatness. We will pick up pieces along the way, and they can't see how strong we're going to be we'll find another who realizes that this team is championship caliber.

4. What is more effective in your eyes, building a team with trades/draft or getting free agency players to build a roster?

Neither matters if you can't rely on them. What's most effective is the commitment from the players. Drafting is a great way to see who is strong enough to fight with us. I will get them to their maximum potential. I will reward everybody who sticks around for our team. Free agents usually just care about the money. Which is fine, of course, but I never expect a newcomer from another team to stay past their current contract. Now that I'm GM I hope I can convince all those who join our squad that we will have the best chance under me.

[Image: hi-res-cdd1f8eb269fbd9586d4978feff8afef_...h=420&q=75]

1. Throughout your season your individual stats has been increasing season by season what is your next step? What are your personal goals when talking about individual stats or does that not matter at all?

I'm reaching the prime of my career. First, it was the 30 point plateau then it was 15 goals. Each season I'm taking a step forward and this recent jump is credited to veteran, Jakub Aittokallio. He's taught me how to perfect my game under pressure and how to excel defensively. He's pushing me to work hard everyday just like he does. Aittokallio's someone that I love having here in Edmonton. I don't know what's the next step. There's no real way of telling. Every season that passes by I get a bigger role, so we'll just have to see. For my personal goals, I'd say I have one goal right now heading into next season. One, to reach the 40 points plateau. That's not something I can control, but I can control how I train and develop.

2. You were drafted by Calgary Dragons and within a few seasons you were traded away, what are your thoughts when you look back at that trade and would you want to play for that organization before you retire?

For the short time I was there I loved Calgary. Those people treated me right, they wanted me to succeed, and they pushed me to succeed. I just didn't believe in myself at the time and then suddenly the work ethic stopped for me. I didn't hit the gym, didn't go to practice, and I didn't show up to training camp. The team waited for me to come back to my former state, but I never did until later on when I decided to head to an Edmonton practice around season 21 off-season. There's no thoughts that come to mind. I just feel that I disappointed the organization and fans, which I did. I hold no hard feelings because the trade was a good one and has worked out well for both teams. I wasn't working hard. I wasn't doing what I was drafted to do. I have no hard feelings and still have feelings for the organization to this day. Actually, one of my favourite players in this league is on that team, Esa. He's a class act and as long as he's there the chance of me going back is always there, but that won't be until a long time if it ever happens. Right now, I'm an Edmonton Blizzard and that's not going to change for a while unless it's Edmonton's plans not mine.

[Image: Sidney-Crosby-Video-Gives-Us-39-Hockey-T...d-Know.png]

3. You're in the SHL finals this season, you guys are just inches away from winning it how special will this moment be for you and the guys in the locker room?

The season's over. Unfortunately, we didn't make it that far and that's not anyone's fault to blame, but the team as a whole. There's no scapegoat, we all needed to show up big when the lights were on us. However, we couldn't. We couldn't get two more wins, we just couldn't. Sometimes looking back at it you wonder how you could have made a difference and such. I'll probably have that thought circling around my mind for a while. The moment would have been a special one. It would have been the first for some of us including myself, but it would have been a milestone moment for others such as Aitto. We know that would have been his third Challenge Cup and that would have made him the only goaltender to reach that feat. We all wanted it so bad, we could taste it. I wanted it for them.

4. Next season it will be your contract year are you looking to re-sign or will you be testing your FA options?

There's no way that I'm testing free agency. I'm signing with Edmonton next season, we haven't began contract negotiations just yet though. However, I do have in mind what type of deal I'd like. Edmonton's treated my right and I'm going to pay them back. I'm happy here and I'm going to re-sign. I'm just going to allow the team to have free range on who they want to chase this off-season then once we have went through off-season the discussions will arise. I won't speak about the contract details because neither the general manager or I know that right now. I just know that I'm re-signing. Edmonton's my home now.

Quote:1,455 words
</div>

Just saw this. Cheers

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]