Create Account

Player Agencies

Every couple of months, it seems like Player Agencies become a thing again. Can I ask what they do and what purposes they serve on the site?

I believe they try to get you as much money as possible, but it would make sense if they took a cut from it.

Either that or they're just super nice people that want their players to make as much money as possible....... Blink

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Jun 10 2015, 01:48 PM
Every couple of months, it seems like Player Agencies become a thing again. Can I ask what they do and what purposes they serve on the site?
We suck the soul out of our clients and sacrifice them to the based gods.

Any more questions?

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Jun 10 2015, 01:48 PM
In reality it's always been my dream to be a hockey agent so this is sort of one way I can have fun on the site living that out

I don't even get paid for it or anything, I just love the art of negotiations and for me its a lot of fun to try and take care of my clients not only with money but with suspension appeals etc

Why do we do any of what we do on this site, really?

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Jun 10 2015, 03:51 PM

Any more questions?

Where do I sign?

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Jun 10 2015, 03:52 PM

In reality it's always been my dream to be a hockey agent so this is sort of one way I can have fun on the site living that out

I don't even get paid for it or anything, I just love the art of negotiations and for me its a lot of fun to try and take care of my clients not only with money but with suspension appeals etc

I mean, im not passing judgment or anything. I just wasn't sure what the agencies did or why players sign with one over the other. Only motivated by curiosity.

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Jun 10 2015, 01:54 PM

I mean, im not passing judgment or anything. I just wasn't sure what the agencies did or why players sign with one over the other. Only motivated by curiosity.
Well for some players it's easier to let the agent negotiate and they dont have to hinder their relationships with their GM's if they feel underpaid, for some of then new members we offer guidance and experience...

For a guy like me who's been around for a long, long time and has been a GM in every level, it can be very valuable for somebody who needs that experience behind them

Yeahthat

Deener literally summed it up perfectly, I opened my agency primarily to help out newer members with all sorts of things from their ELCs, to figuring things out around the league, I even took on a few SMJHL rookies (6 to be exact).

But, it is also going to be fun when I get offers from every single team on my big name clients.

I really only do it for the fun of it, I also like to take care of my clients.

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Jun 10 2015, 04:52 PM

Yeahthat

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Jun 10 2015, 05:51 PM

Any more questions?

I already lost my soul, can we work something out?

Every few months?

LKA is an institution.

And yet one of the highest paid players (albeit highly overpaid) has always been his own agent. So you know, agents are nice if you want to be lazy Tongue.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Quote:Originally posted by AlwaysGettingHaxed@Jun 10 2015, 06:08 PM
And yet one of the highest paid players (albeit highly overpaid) has always been his own agent.  So you know, agents are nice if you want to be lazy Tongue.
You're the highest paid player cuz our GM's were nice enough to counter your inability to do media.... <_<

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

True...

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 10 2015, 07:11 PM

You're the highest paid player cuz our GM's were nice enough to counter your inability to do media....&nbsp; <_<
[Image: large.jpg]