Create Account

Jake Gardiner =/= Bobby Orr?

I was talking to my dad and we were watching a leaf game. I think it was the last one in Tampa. Anyways, he said, "That Gardiner is the best young defenseman we have had on this team since Salming. He reminds me of Bobby Orr."

If there is anything my dad knows it's his hockey. He is like the complete opposite of me too. He is like leafs or secord. Not a homer at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21H3eQ6aDK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0yyLSzs1E&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDy7ItLyaY&feature=related

I actually agree, I think he definitely has the potential to win the Art Ross, James Norris 8 times, and the Hart 3 straight times.

He really is THAT good.

I expect him to top out at 130, just under Bobby Orr's career high in one season.

:facepalm:

my dad said the same thing about Salming.

but let's go easy on the Orr talk..

I do think he will be the Leafs' franchise player for the next 15 years if they don't mess it up.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Mar 20 2012, 09:22 AM
I do think he will be the Leafs' franchise player for the next 15 years if they don't mess it up.

I'd build the team around Gardiner over Kessel.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Mar 20 2012, 09:23 AM

I'd build the team around Gardiner over Kessel.
So would I. Kessel is a complimentary player and not someone you build around. Although he is a darn good complimentary player.

Gardiner will be an amazing player. I don't know what kinda crack Murray was on when he dealt him and Lupul to Toronto, but as a Habs fan, I'm extremely jealous.

Give him a few more years to truely see where he is at, but for now, the Leafs have a solid kid to build around. Next stop: Goaltending.

The only thing more homer then saying Gardiner is the next Bobby Orr, is saying its not homer. :lol:

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good game last night by the way, great to see from the stands at the Garden.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

lol

Quote:Originally posted by Patrick80@Mar 20 2012, 10:34 AM
lol

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Mar 20 2012, 10:07 AM
The only thing more homer then saying Gardiner is the next Bobby Orr, is saying its not homer.  :lol:
Who said he was the next bobby Orr?

he is like bobby orr ... after his knees were blown out.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Mar 20 2012, 09:11 AM

Who said he was the next bobby Orr?
Why would you use that he looks a lot like Orr if you didn't think he'll play like him?

Oh my. I needed this laugh today