PS = Penalty Shot: 50

Grades (2-8)

Shooting: 5
Playmaking: 5
Skating: 5
Physicality: 5
Defending: 6

Strengths

S1: Puck Skills: For a defender Jasper Clayton is actually very comfortable in an offensive role. It is where he thrives, be it on the rush or the power play; he likes to make things happen on the offensive end.
S2: Media Gem: Jasper Clayton has been the media starlet this season and has made waves around the league for how much he loves the game. He cannot stop talking about his team, his draft class, and anything else that comes to his mind. The press loves him and he loves the press, but most importantly, not in a way that rub anyone wrong. He has made a ton of connections and fans through his rise in SMJHL media which has been the driving force behind him becoming one of the next big faces of the SHL.
S3: Responsibility: It should not have to be remarked up, being a defenseman who can play defense, but in such a weak defensive draft class Clayton really is standing out above the rest in terms of his pure defensive abilities. While he is not a top level defender yet he is well on his way to becoming exactly what a team needs as a Number One backender. He will take over for Girard as the primary option on the blue line when the captain leaves, and has potential to take over the prestigious title as well.

Weaknesses

W1: Intimidating Presence: While his star power is great, his physical power is not. The young defender has a reputation as being a bit “soft” on the ice and has not even registered 20 hits in his rookie year. Not a great start for someone with dreams of playing Top Overall minutes one day. Further proof of this comes from his low penalty minutes, which his coaches probably praise, despite it providing no deterrence against his opponents. Playing more on the edge could help his game.

Opportunities

O1: Slap Shot: As an offensive defender Clayton has a solid shot, but he does not have the elite slapper that teams want just yet. If he can work on getting up to double digit goals next season he will have made a positive stride in this department. He is pass first and should remain that way, but a hard shot would make him all the more dangerous on the Detroit attack.
O2: Skating: The top five blueliners are all about even skaters. The first one to drop what they are doing and start hitting it hard on leg day will give themself a reason to be seen as superior to their competition. If Clayton wants to get the edge this is where he can find it.

Putting It All Together

Just a week ago Clayton was seen as a likely 5th overall player for this draft, but with a strong showing in the past few weeks, and interviewing well with the interested parties - coupled with the fall of Robb Wind - Clayton has worked himself up to what many are expecting to be the number two spot in the draft. His dedication is to be admired and if his production keeps up he will likely be one of the best players in this draft class down the road. Dare we put him on #HoFWatch? Not yet, but one day maybe.

Projected Round: Top Three

NHL Comparison: Marc Streit

Quote:Word Count: 597

<div align="CENTER">[Image: bscs.png]</div>

:ahh!:

I knew I shouldn't have skipped leg day.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Aug 4 2015, 10:04 PM
:ahh!:

I knew I shouldn't have skipped leg day.
never skip leg day

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Aug 4 2015, 09:05 PM

never skip leg day

Before I left England, my grand pappy told me "Jasper, never skip leg day"

Then I got to the US and I forgot.

I'M SORRY PAPPY. I HAVE FAILED YOU. I MIGHT AS WELL BE AN AMERICAN.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Jasper "The Sugar Daddy" Clayton

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Dude these are great! Well done :D

I hope I signed up for one... :-?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada