Create Account

S25 Written PT#1 - 'Rookie Season'

You can do either the Written PT or the Graphics PT - you cannot do both.

[The Setup]

It's a big deal being drafted into the SMJHL, and with it comes a long list of expectations and new experiences. It can be scary, exciting or simply a stepping stone to the SHL for young player. What does the SMJHL hold in store for you?

[Your Task]
Describe what you expect or hope for from your rookie season; either from yourself and your play on the ice or from your SMJHL team or league in general.

[Gain]

1 Capped TPE for each 100 words, up to a max of 5 Capped TPE.

Remember, the PT cap for the season is 30.
*Only S26 SHL Draftees are able to do these*

[Deadline]

August 30th, 11:59 PM EST

NO PLACEHOLDERS

[Claim List]
Carly Rae Gemsen - 5 capped
lil - 5 capped
Shevy Shev - 5 capped
stud - 5 capped
Magenta - 5 capped
Hybrid1486 - 5 capped
WeWantTaro - 5 capped
GreatOneHimself - 5 capped
benzasome - 5 capped
Swimbizzilin - 5 capped
Tylar - 5 capped
Dangles13 - 5 capped
KezKincaid - 4 capped
Josh - 5 capped
BagelBites - 5 capped
RHolder71 - 4 capped
sludge - 5 capped
Flodgrodan - 5 capped
FourFour - 5 capped
astorino - 5 capped
Cartortus - 4 capped
Jme - 5 capped
Toast - 5 capped
IncorrectAtlas - 5 capped
SethTrollins - 5 capped
Keenan - 5 capped
ByrdeMan - 5 capped
Phats - 5 capped
jason97 - 5 capped
Sirmore - 4 capped

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

It’s a big year for Conall Macleod. Recently he made the change to leave his hometown Scottish National League team, the Edinburgh Capitals, and declare for the SMJHL in plans of one day playing in the SHL. His gamble worked out, as he was selected third overall by the newest expansion team, the Halifax Raiders. Macleod couldn’t have been happier as the team number one on his list decided to make him their first franchise player.

About mid-way into pre-season, the Raiders named Macleod the first ever Captain of the franchise. Just like that, it was made clear to the rest of the league that Macleod is going to be a major player to watch in his next season or two in the SMJHL. Luckily enough, cameras were rolling during the Raiders pre-season to catch Macleod talking to his family back home over skype. What follows is a transcript of that conversation.

Conall:
“Hey! How’s everything going over there?”

Father: “Good, just had dinner, you?”

Conall: “Just finished our practice this morning. We have our first regular season game coming up in a few days here. Are you guys flying in to watch?”

Mother: “Of course! We wouldn’t miss it for the world. Do you think you’ll be playing much?”

Conall: “Yeah, right now I’m skating on the top line with Petr and Ignant. I think we have a pretty solid line together. I know we’re all rookies, but it could be one of the top lines come end of the season if we stick together.”

Father: “That’s wonderful. Always nice to hear you like your linemates. How’s living in Halifax so far?”

Conall: “It’s different. Right now I’m staying with a couple guys from the team. I’m not sure if I’ll find a place or not, as I think it’ll be nice just to be around everyone all year long. Maybe next year when I’m a year older. Halifax is a great place to live. Reminds me a lot of home as a lot of people here have Scottish roots.

Mother: “Just be careful, we don’t want you getting into any trouble.”

Conall: “I won’t. I have the “C” remember? I have to set a good example for the team and the league. First one on the ice, and last one off.”

Father: “Great approach, son, I think we taught you well. Any interest from the SHL at all?”

Conall: “Just the one team that contacted me prior to the SMJHL Draft. I guess he may be friends with one of our GMs, so I’m sure he was happy I was drafted here. I’m kinda curious to see how everything plays out this year and where I might be taken in the draft. I have a good feeling that I might surprise some people and move up on the draft board this time around.”

Father: “Any agents contact you yet?”

Conall: “Nope. I don’t think I have to worry about them for a while. Halifax made my contract easy and I’m sure I’ll be with them this time next year as well.”

Mother:
“I’m so proud of you. I really hope you guys make it far and win it all! I believe in you.”

Conall:
“Haha thanks. I’m not sure if that might happen or not. The teams in this league are very good. I think we may turn heads this year and possibly go far. Next year is looking really good however. But who knows. The Whalers won last year after a poor regular season. Maybe we could do the same and be a very strong playoff team.”

Father:
“Just keep your head up, it’s a long year.”

Conall: “Thanks. Anyways I have to run to our video session now. We’re going over our close support breakouts and possibly some faceoff plays. Yesterday we learned a couple neutral zone coverage schemes. This league is way more intense then the SNL. Anyways, it was great catching up with you two. Tell everyone I say hi.”

Mother: “Call anytime you want. Love you, we’ll see you in a few days.”

Conall: “Bye!”

Code:
711 Words

“What do I expect from my rookie season? Well.” Mäkinen laughs, scratches the back of his neck. “How much time do we have?”

The usually jovial Mäkinen gets quite serious as he considers his answer. “From myself, I have really high expectations. I always have. I’m going to keep training and keep getting better, week by week. Kelowna needs me to score goals, so that’s what I’m going to do. Even though they’re my natural strengths, I’m going to keep pushing myself to take my scoring, puck handling, and skating to the next level.” He pauses for a second, looks thoughtful, then adds, “Of course, I also can’t let my defensive abilities fall too far behind or I’ll be stripped of the puck left, right, and center.”

Mäkinen pauses again, and bows his head, but then he seems to shake himself. His gaze is steely and unflinching when he says, “I’m not happy with how I performed in the preseason. One goal and two assists in ten games? That’s not good enough, especially not after I was given the responsibility of the second line and some powerplay minutes. I mean, I was a minus three.” Mäkinen is calm and matter-of-fact when he delivers this harsh indictment of his own play; there’s no self-pity here, just determination. “So, now that we’re into the regular season, I expect to play better. I have to play better, if I want to keep my spot and help my team. I’m just going to work hard, show up every day mentally and physically, and keep honing my skills.”

When asked about his expectations for his team, Mäkinen is markedly less harsh. “Yeah, the preseason could have gone better for the team as a whole, just like it could have gone better for me. I don’t think any of us are happy with only winning half of our games. If we were, we wouldn’t be trying to do this professionally! But we’ve definitely started the regular season on the right foot. I think we’re all starting to really gel as a team, now. We’ve definitely got some standouts: Randy and Ivan were both almost a point per game in the preseason--and Randy also got the preseason’s only shorthanded goal, Maria had one of the best shooting percentages in the league, and Jukka-Emil was a shot blocking machine. We’ve just got too much talent to not succeed.

“Looking forward, I definitely think we’re going to be contenders for the Four Star Cup. Of course I’m biased, because I’m on the team--but because I’m on the team, I know how hard all of my teammates work, and how talented all of us are. Yes, the SHL is important and this is my draft year, but I’m not at all focused on that right now. I just want to get better so that I can help my team. It’s as simple as that.”

Mäkinen grins, then, a flash of his usual self through the seriousness of this interview. “So, in summary, my expectations? I’ll try to suck less, so we can win more. How about that?”

Quote:WORDS: 517

Getting draft to the SMJHL is dream come true for all young hockey player. We grow up in Russia dream of coming to America to play the game of hockey and be famous super star. When I got draft by St. Louis Scarecrows i told them I will not play for the team. The general manager called me a lot of bad name and he try to make me feel like big piece of shit for saying no. I stick by my word as I am man of principle and I do not back down to any people that make threat to me or my homeland. After that the general manager Cuffy trade me and my Taystee Poussey to Halifax and now i get to be player on brand new hockey team in SMJHL. Real dream come true.

The Halifax Raiders are brand new team and I cannot wait to make a name for myself and for the team. The front office is great and the player on the team is great also. Many people are saying that the Raider team is full of bad hockey players, but this is simple bull shit. They are underestimate us right now because they don't know what the hell the are talking about. They call themselves "expert", but really they are just dumb little man. The Raiders will surprise everyone and win the Challenge Cup, that i promise you.

For me as a personal player i expect to be the best in the league. I expect to score all the goals and win all the games and all the trophy. MVP trophy is the one i want and it will go go with my Challenge Cup ring. Ignant will be the greatest of all time player in SMJHL. I will go down in history as the Wayne Gretzky of junior hockey league and then it will not stop. The Raiders made trade for me and they gave up 1st rounder draft pick. I will make sure they never regret the trade and put Raider name on the map. They will be close to my heart as my mother Russia.

But what will make me the best is the guy i play on the ice with. Conall Macleod and Petr Kolesnikovs are best line mates a man can ask for. The 3 of us are going to be deadly force for years in the league and then maybe even SHL if we get drafted to Texas Renegades together. They both great guys on the ice, but they great off the ice too. We drink vodka together and get a lot of hooker with Taystee Poussey. We have male bonding together by having sex with the hooker. Conall has never had great Russian vodka before he met me and i had never had cocaine before i met him. We are like match made in heaven. We will be the best 3 man line in the SMJHL and win the Challenge Cup in our rookie years. If that does not happen, then entire season was big disappointment.

Quote:511 words

Lead the league in goals

Potato Chips will be a force to be reckoned with. He has the technological advancements to lead the league in goals despite him having lower TPE than more than half the SMJHL players. Potato Chip's strength is his knowledge. While the other players are busy fapping to their computer screen that they have 350 TPE, Potato Chips wants to get on the ice and score points.

Lead the league in assists:
Potato Chips is no slouch to assists. With him being so tall, he can bounce the puck from his body as it deflects to his teammate's sticks. That's what Potato Chips are about. In the UK, Potato Chips are basically french fries in North America. You know what that means though, they have the extra delicious potato with flavouring. You put in in front of your team and they have their morale boosted automatically. No, it's not because it's delicious. It's because Potato Chips's leadership skill is beyond normal. He got training from alien creatures.

Lead the league in points

For Potato Chips, leading the league in points is like taking over the world. He will be on top of everyone despite being only the first year player. He will prove that he deserves to be first overall pick. When S20-S26 will get redrafted, with all of the players combined in one single draft, Potato Chips will be first overall. Potato Chips's road to stardom should be a very simple one, but one that requires tricks. Potato Chips cannot simply go and score every game or he will shatter the hearts of his opponents, leading to them playing bad. He don't want them playing bad. Consider it this way, if they play bad, Potato Chips will have worse competition, which leads to no improvement. That would also lead to Potato Chips not progressing and he will play badly once he gets drafted to the SHL.

Win the Four Stars Cup

Winning the Four Stars Cup is the major prize in the SMJHL. Winning it on the first year however would not only make it a major prize but a historic price for Potato Chips. Having to put Potato Chips in the Four Stars Cup and watch a movie would be a dream come true. The Four Stars Cup wouldn't only prove that Potato Chips is the best S20-S26 player but it would also prove that Potato Chips is the best player of all-time. The Four Stars Cup is the goal that makes Potato Chips go from fried to baked. It's the goal that makes him better.

Have 350 TPE or more at the end of the season

For all of you that do not know, TPE is the best currency in the game. However, the lack of ability to move TPE from player to player means that while it is the best currency, it also isn't the most expensive. You have to know where you are putting your TPE to. You can't just mindlessly put your TPE in durability. What this means is that Potato Chips needs this TPE to develop in to a great player. A drought in TPE would mean Potato Chips would be too crunchy to even deal with. He'd flake before he would even hit the ice. To have 350 TPE would mean that Potato Chips is almost half-way through his magical journey.

563 words

Discord are for plebs

Not much was known about center Aleksander Stromberg before he entered the Season 25 SMJHL Entry Draft. What was known was that Aleksander had some of the best talent coming into draft that could have easily made him a top five pick in the draft, and possibly a 1st overall spot. Instead of that however, he dropped to the number 16 spot in the draft to the Detroit Falcons. But, why would a player of Aleksander caliber drop that far? Well, his agent Magenta has a previous history of being unreliable and having questionable work ethic. We saw this with Michael Barrett, an 8th overall draft pick in a very strong SHL Draft in S14, and his other player Tyler Hartman, who was drafted 8th overall in the S18 SMJHL Draft. Both these players had success in their early years but quickly fizzled out of the league. So, this leaves us with Aleksander Stromberg, a polarizing player that 7 teams passed on, all but the Falcons who actually had Stromberg ranked at number one on their draft board. One of the reasons why they were so high on him was because of their desperate need of center depth. The only other notable center on that team was Yorgen Bartonberry, who the Falcons didn’t know they were getting until after the draft. Drafting Aleksander Stromberg adds a much needed offense dimension to the Falcons center core.

In a recent interview Stromberg did he revealed his expectations for the upcoming season. Stromberg said: “I want to just give my best effort every night, even though I am from Sweden, I’ve been playing North American hockey since I was 10, so I really want to be able to show what I got, and putting up at least 20 points and helping my team to a winning record are some of the things I’d like to do. Also make the top line by the end of the season would be an ambition.” Aleksander also spoke on playing against some tough competition: “Lining up for a faceoff against Evandrus Jesster is pretty unreal, or playing against a guy like Randleman. Those are the people I look up to and aspire to be like.” He also touched on his teammates: “Some of the players on my team such as Jasper Clayton or Michael Burch are unbelievably skilled and it’s an honour to play with these guys. They could easily be in the SHL so it’s pretty special. Even Austin Lemieux is easily one of the best goalies in the SMJHL and should be a great goalie in Winnipeg. And how can I forget my fellow rookies especially Tim Buckner, we’ve bonded a lot since being drafted including a crazy night in Vegas.” Finally, Stromberg was asked about winning the Four Star Cup: “Well that’s the ultimate goal right there, win the Four Star Cup. It’s going be really tough this year, but like I said before some of the players on the Falcons could be playing in the SHL so I think we have a real good shot. Teams like Kelowna or Vancouver have really solid teams plus Colorado is going be a real sleeper, so, it’s going be extremely difficult.” That was all Stromberg had to say, and it will be very interesting to see what happens with him and the Falcons this upcoming season.

Quote:Words: 560

At first, I was simply expecting the SMJHL to be something I was passing through on my way to the SHL. I didn't expect to become too attached, to have an active and vibrant locker room, or to really care too much about what I did.

So far, I've been surprised by my interest in all three of those points, and I've been rethinking my goals moving forward. While my personal goals aren't changing very much, I have some pretty big expectations for my team and the league in general. So far, those expectations are being met with room to spare.

Personally, I don't expect to blow up the league right away. I'm under the impression that I'm going to be around for a while, to the contrary of what I originally expected. Now, I plan on using this first season to feel things out in the SMJHL while getting an expectation for what I might see at the next level. I didn't realize exactly how much better my teammates and opponents are than I am, so a scoring title isn't something I'm expecting this season. It would still be nice to lead the league in something, and right now I'm tops in faceoff percentage. If I can keep that up, and at least remain in the top five or ten in that category, I'll consider this season a personal success from an on-ice standpoint.

When I entered the draft, I wasn't sure which team I was going to end up on. I had first-round aspirations, but that was mostly due to a lack of awareness about my draft class. I was disappointed to go in the fourth round, but I'm glad I ended up on the team I did. The Whalers have the look and feel of a team that knows they just won a championship and have every intention of winning another. That's an entirely reachable goal for us this season, and I expect nothing less at this point.

The league itself is a more enjoyable experience than I was expecting, which is good since I know I'll most likely be here through at least next season. It's a good way to get some experience without being completely thrown to the wolves, and there's a pretty high level of competition and interest in the league. I've been learning the ropes as well as could be expected, and my team has been awesome up to this point. I don't expect that to change one bit. I do expect some spirited competition from our opponents, including the expansion teams, but I don't expect to lose very much.

So that's really about it. I plan on playing well in a somewhat limited role, helping an excellent team win a lot of games on our way to a Four Star Cup. Our team is going to enjoy themselves along the way, and I'll establish myself as a good worker and talented player heading into my second SMJHL season, at which point I'll become one of the better players in the league. That's they way I see things playing out.

Code:
517 words

Code:
Describe what you expect or hope for from your rookie season; either from yourself and your play on the ice or from your SMJHL team or league in general.

As a first time rookie it's really hard to know what to expect. I joined the league on a whim without a whole lot of research. With the NHL off season in the lulls of summer I needed to find a quick fix for my hockey addiction and the SHL seemed like the way to go. I think it took me twice to correctly make a player and even then I wasn't entirely sure I had it right

Going into the draft I wasn’t really sure what to expect. With such strong personalities in the rookie locker room I didn’t think I had gotten noticed enough to break into the first or second round. Getting selected at the beginning of the third was about where I had hoped for on a best case scenario and I couldn’t be happier. I enjoyed getting to know the other rookies but was ready to finally get into the season and really start building my player up

Now that the regular season has begun I still am not entirely sure what to expect. I know that I’m lower on the depth chart but being that I am active I know my TPE will increase and possibly increase faster than some of the players I am buried behind. I hope that on the ice I can be productive for my team and not a defensive liability. I expect that I’ll have an average rookie’s season with maybe a 1 point in 3 games type production. I know some of my fellow rookies will most likely be more productive but every team is different and will utilize their rookies different. I expect that being a power forward on the third line I will be a pest to play against as I’ll probably be pitted against similar TPE type builds but with the emphasis on strength, checking and a little bit of faceoff work I don’t expect to give up the puck for long. I would expect to make a few jumps in the depth chart but as we are lacking in center strength I may end up being the staple of that third line and really anchoring down the center behind Stromberg and Bartenberry.

Off the ice I expect to have a terrific season. Already the team has been very welcoming and great to talk with. The leadership in the locker room has been phenomenal. I’ve gotten some great advice from the veterans on how to cater my build to what the falcons need most right now. There is a strong focus on winning and proving all the statisticians wrong that we can be a successful team. Numbers don’t lie and at this point the team is struggling to find success but I know that we have an active team that is working hard on bridging the gap between us and some of the better established teams at the moment. It won’t be long until we start find the back of the net and getting those wins. I expect the Falcons to be a strong contender come post season and will be turning heads.

Code:
Word Count: 518

The SMJHL draft result came to a surprise for Jordan Mack as he fell in the late 3rd round to the Montreal Impact. Despite him being picked by his number one team.....He was confused on why he fell so low. He looks at it as a wake up call and has set the bar high for himself as he heads into the upcoming season.

Jordan Mack has goals and areas to improve. He wants to improve in his scoring aspect so that he can portrait a sniper like he is touted as. He aims to be a speedy go getter also. He wants to be the Montreal Impact's steal, show all the General Manager's wrong. Jordan Mack aims for a lot of goals including 30+ points and maybe 20 goals. He is striving to be a hot draftee who came out of the shadows of the SMJHL draft into a superstar out of the SHL draft. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goals and strive for greatness. Soon the SMJHL will see one of the best players ever made in history.

As if Jordan Mack seems like a small 3rd round guy, he has set expectations (as you see) like a 1st rounder. Jordan Mack wants to help the Montreal Impact realize they got a steal drafting. He wants to not only help the Impact, but instead make them Four Star Cup winners after last years disappointment. Jordan Mack also would like to add some accolades at the end of the season to go accompany himself to the SHL Entry Draft. Jordan Mack yet again wants to become great.

Jordan Mack wants the Montreal Impact to become a team never before seen. Despite them being ranked atop most teams, Jordan Mack does not want to get cocky. He hopes his fellow Impact, will follow. Jordan Mack will work just as hard as he would if the Montreal Impact were ranked last in the mock standings. He will work hard until their is nothing left to actually work on. He wants to make the Montreal Impact a Four Star Cup contender and a holy dynasty. With veterans such as, Lord Pretty Flacko, Evandrus Jesster, Roman Morenov and much more. We feel as if we can take our rookie presence and veteran presence and turn it into something big, awesome, exciting. A dynasty team. The team has a good hand full of prospect for next year once the veterans leave. (It's probable).

Now that you can tell the confidence by Jordan Mack and his fellow Montreal Impact. They strive for greatness and will stop at nothing (except cake) to achieve their goals. You'll see Montreal Impact rookies go on to become a big piece in an SHL team's puzzle for the Challenge Cup, they're that good. Leading way is; Evgeni Karpotsov, Mikelis Grundmanis and Jordan Mack himself. A good rookie pool makes a good team and that's what the Montreal Impact were graced with.

So there you have it folks, the confidence of the L'Impact!!!! Vive L'Impact!

Words: 509

I expect quite a few things from my rookie season. I've got a good team with me and a decent amount of responsibility on my shoulders. However I know I'm a rookie in a sea of send downs and that will modify my expectations.

My first and most important goal is to have fun. I don't want to make myself grind through this league because that's just soul crushing and I'd never be able to get that far into it. Disclaimer: the rest of the goals aren't exactly in order.
My second goal is to make a name for myself. I want to improve my draft position from the SMJHL draft to the SHL draft, and the only way to do that is to make a name for myself. When someone talks about S26 rookies my name needs to be mentioned. Also I need to keep up with my draft class in terms of ability too. If I want to be drafted high I need to show them I'm worth that draft pick.
My third goal is to make friends. This goes in hand with both of the above goals because this site is no fun without friends to go through it with. Also people will draft their friend over a player they know nothing about so it will give me an advantage there too. It also makes more teams a fun option because I'll have friends on them. Because as I've found teams are kind of like a social clique, sure sometimes a team picks up a player to fill a hole but a lot of times it's to bring their or someone elses friend to the team.
My fourth goal(s) is to make the playoffs and win the Challenge Cup, you've got to keep up the Whalers tradition and that tradition is cup winning. And you can't do that without getting to the playoffs. I've gotten to game 7 of the finals and lost, that was pretty crushing and I don't want that to happen again. We're going all the way this time. Also I think we have a really good chance with the send-downs like VLAD leading the scoring, and Cody, Wølker and I backing them up on D not to mention the help from Tyler.
My fifth goal is to have an even or positive plus minus. I know it's not a stat you can control all the time, but it's usually a great sign of how well someone is doing defensively. Sometimes though, it's a signal that not enough people on a team or even a line are responsible defensively.
My sixth goal is to make it to 350 tpe by the off season, it'll help get my team ready for another cup run with a few maxed out defense men or help my new SHL team get a little more competitive. Also it's a baseline that is very important to hit in the SMJHL.
Finally my last goal is to get the president's trophy. It's probably not very feasible with the D core still developing over the season, but other teams have areas that need developing too. Not to mention the expansion teams, they basically need their entire team to develop.

Those are my goals for S25.

Every new prospect has many things that he expects to accomplish in his inaugural season. Some of these goals are as far as winning MVP, or winning the Four Star Cup. My goals that I have are not only attainable, but are also team oriented. I want to become a recognized leader in the locker room by contributing to conversations and helping players that raise questions in the locker room. I think that a team can never have enough leaders and if we can create an environment in Halifax that allows players to be open with their questions, we’ll be able to make a very cohesive and successful team. I want to remain in the top four of the defensive pairings all season. On-ice performance is the reason we all work so hard on our builds and getting TPE. This is something that will help reassure me that I’m doing the best job I can. I want to have my plus/minus be a plus at the end of the season. My plan for my player is to have an impact on both ends of the ice. If we’re scoring more goals than the other team when I’m out there, I’ll certainly feel that I’m making at impact on both ends. I believe those goals are reasonably attainable on a personal level.

There are also some goals or expectations that I’d like our team to achieve. I like for our team to have a winning season. Every team has the goal of winning. While we may not have the most TPE of the teams that are in the league, I think if we’re smart with our pairings, we’ll be able to take advantage of the teams that try to look past us. I’d like for us to show continuous improvement in various statistical categories that we’re trying to improve upon (i.e. shots against, offensive shots). Doing this will allow us to show that we’re capable of fixing our ailments as we obtain more TPE. If we consistently do this, there is no reason to think that we won’t be a force to be reckoned with in the future. I’d like for us to have fun as a team as well. That’s why we’re all here. Our locker room has been great so far, but there is no reason we can’t or won’t take it to the next level. If we’re having fun playing this game, everything else will become easy; improving, communicating, and building a storied franchise for the draftees of tomorrow to be proud of. That’s why the Raiders will be the best SMJHL team this year.

Those are my goals if I had to write them out. There are also expectations that I have in general about the game as we move into the regular season. I’d like to see myself, and all the players of our team grow together in a way that lets us have fun while getting considerably better at earning TPE, communicating in the Locker Room, and develop pairings and friendships that last through our SHL careers. I was tempted to throw out beating the Whalers every time we play them as a joke, but I don’t think it needs to be listed in my actual goals. Anyways, it’s just started and I already feel like I’m excited for every game that we’re going to play this year.

Go Raiders raiders

(566 words)

The road for a rookie goaltender in the SMJHL can be bumpy and for Bjornsson being drafted was definitely a bumpy road. The uncertainty and lack of communication set up an interesting draft day experience for the young Czech goaltenders. But being drafted straightened out the road and Bjornsson is ready for it.

Like any rookie goaltender heading into the SMJHL it can be a very complicated scenario due to the send down goaltenders from the SHL. So sometimes expectations can be very low for rookie goaltenders in the SMJHL but Bjornsson is a different case. He was drafted to the Kelowna Knights, one of the teams who do not have a goaltender so this was perfect for the young goalie. So the expectations for Christoffer are to become a starter as soon as possible and play up to the high standards of the Knights. The Knights organization and the fans will be putting pressure on the rookie to preform out of the gate because the team has a highly talented group of players and just need that rock in net.

Now, Bjornsson himself has set up some expectations for himself that may or may not be realistic for a rookie goaltender.

Be close to a save percentage around .900
This expectation may be a bit too much to live up to but Bjornsson wants to be one of the top goaltenders In the league and being over .900 save percentage would likely be enough to do that. With a great team in front of him this may also not be a ridiculous expectation because his team can pot goals and all Bjornsson will need to do is stop pucks.

23 Wins
Being on a good team has its benefits, one of those being the win column. The expectation for Christoffer is to get at least 23 wins this season. Anything short of that would be rather disappointing for a supposedly top team. Christoffer is a good technical goalie and has the ability to play in big games, so now he will have to show up and prove it. It is going to be an interesting thing to follow this season, whether a rookie goaltender can help lead a team to victory.

Be close to or above 350 TPE
This goal is pretty self-explanatory. He wants to be as active as he possibly can and keep up those practice hours. Being the best is not easy. It is hard work and he plans on putting in that work.

As for team expectations, all I can ask for is for activity. Being a part of an active locker room environment is amazing and thus far it has been that and more. I am so excited for this team and the people on it. It is going to be an amazing experience and I am ready for the ride. The Knights always have high expectations for their players and Bjornsson will not be any different. Christoffer Bjornsson is going to have to work hard to achieve his goals and expectations, we will have to wait and see if he does

Knights Knights Knights

Code:
519 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

What do I expect and hope? That is a very broad question. I always expect nothing but the best from myself and I always hope that I am up to the challenge of bringing my best each and every day. Specifically? I joined the SHL with designs on meeting some interesting people with whom I could talk some hockey and so far I have not been disappointed. Since joining the Whalers locker room I have found some good people who have made me feel like a part of their family without having to jump through hoops.

On the ice I plan on being a steady two-way presence that the Whalers can rely on in any situation. Whether it's killing a crucial penalty late in a 2-1 nail bitter or going out and quarterbacking the powerplay when we desperately need a goal. I aim to be a versatile weapon that can contribute to winning a game in any fashion. I also plan on being a physical force who can dish out big hits or even stand up for teammates when our opponents take liberties on them. I may be smaller in stature but I'm full of passion and a strength that comes from within and will lay my body on the line in an effort to help our team achieve the ultimate goal; winning.

Last season the Whalers won the 24th 4 Star Championship under the guidance of JHS and Originsz, much of the core is still in place and with our excellent crop of rookies I am confident in our ability to win back to back championships. I would be very proud to be a part of a winning team in my first ever season and I will do everything I can to make that dream become a reality.

As I am a true rookie to the ways of the SHL I am looking forward to tinkering with the build of my player. I will look for help from the veterans on the Whalers and so far they have given excellent build advice but I still plan on making my build in my own image of what I think a true two-way defenceman should be. Perhaps I will fail miserably my first time around but I am confident in my abilities to learn which should aid me in correcting any mistakes I may make in regards to my build.

I plan on making a big bank account through the use of media articles and the occasional graphic. Currently I do not have too much money and I want to go into the SHL with enough money to not miss a step when I finally get there. I've heard that the SHL equipment is expensive and I plan on purchasing it as soon as I can.

I would very much like to be a high draft pick in the upcoming SHL draft and I will work towards that goal with vigorously. Having a big bank account as I just mentioned is a big plus and I'm going to earn as much TPE as possible in the upcoming season. I will continue to post lots and write articles to get myself known so that come draft time I'm not without a team for very long.

These are my goals and hopes for the upcoming season and I feel confident that I will hit all my goals on my way to becoming a good member of the SHL community. Good luck to my fellow rookies and I look forward to playing against you in the upcoming season.

Words: 600ish

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Wyatt Wøllker is a defenseman, drafted by the Vancouver Whalers 5th overall in the S25 SMJHL Entry Draft. When a player is picked this high, it means the team sees something in him that they like, and want for their team.

When it comes to Wøllker, what there is to like is a defenseman who can drive the offense and be a powerplay quarterback. Wøllker describes himself as an OFD, because he is an excellent skater, shooter, and puck handler. He is the player you want leading the breakout, as he is able to move the puck out of his own zone. When given room, he can move the puck quickly and turn the attack the other way. With the man advantage, Wøllker is like a basketball point guard, moving the puck around and getting in position to either make a pass or take a shot from the point.

Wøllker has not neglected his defensive training, either; while not a physical player, he is not one to engage the opposition with crushing checks, he nonetheless plays sound defensive positioning, and is able to use his stick to get the puck out of harm's way by stick-checking or blocking shots.

Wøllker has previously stated that his main goals are developing his skills, putting up points to help his team win, and positioning himself as a top pick in the SHL. On the ice, his game is sound - during the prospect tournament, he had a goal and 11 assists, helping the Outlaws win it all. In the pre-season he put up 8 assists, which was top ten in the league.

Already in the first 2 games of the regular season, Wøllker has 3 assists. If he can keep this up, he can be a good catalyst for the Whalers' offense as they attempt to defend their Cup.

Off the ice, Wøllker is able to assist his fellow rookies by passing along advice when asked, or practice together when invited. He is a player who understands the grind of the regular season, and you need to finish just as strong as you start. The team looks to him to be a leader amongst his fellow rookies, and although he was criticized for calling his Outlaw teammates his 'rivals', he still believes that the one really really really important goal is to be drafted higher in the SHL than his fellow Whalers first-round pick, Cody Black.

Everything else is just glitter.

Code:
407 words

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

I have three mentors who have all experienced varying degrees of SHL success ranging from the great (Sergei Karpotsov and Jed Mosley) to the decent (Mr. Feeny) and I have an idea of what the SMJHL will be for me for this season and seasons after that.

The big thing for me in the SMJHL is to develop my the little things that make a player great when they step into the big leagues. My scoring and passing will be there, those are things you either have a knack for or you don't. The things I want to improve on are my defense and my face-offs. My father was a very underrated player in his own zone and I want to be a guy that is a standout in the league in my own zone. Pavel Datsyuk is arguably the greatest two way Center ever and I plan to be in the same breadth as he is.

Face-offs are also a big thing for me to be great at. Clutch draws make the difference between keeping the puck in their zone and creating a scoring chance going the other way. The stars in the league always keep a high face-off percentage and my goal is to be a 56% faceoff guy or better throughout my career.

In terms of the team I will be playing for, The Montreal Impact, I am expecting a four star cup title for us. This isn't me trying to come off as cocky and conceited but more so the fact that this team is built to contend for a cup. We fell short last season and we returned almost every guy back while also having some of the rookies improving tremendously. The first line featuring the best rookie in the past draft and current Mr. First Overall Evandrus Jesster and Chris Welch should reek havoc on teams opposing defenses while Alex Wolff is going to be a standout player in the SMJHL on the back end and should see a nomination for D Man of the year. And finally we have a two headed monster in net that could make the opposing teams angry at how difficult it is to put the puck in the back of our net. While Earnest Ciarelli struggled in the pre-season, he has the abilities to hold the fort and keep the scoring low and if for some reason that fails, we have Robert Andersson who showed that he is the real deal and a steal in this previous draft.

Finally for the SMJHL as a whole, this will be a historic season. We have the introduction of two expansion teams and they both have enough fire power on their roster to make the playoffs.....which brings me to the other cool thing to come out of this season. For the first time ever we will be having teams not make the playoffs. I really think this is a great thing for the league because it takes out a bit of the randomness of the bad teams making a run to the finals.

All in all I am looking forward to an interesting SMJHL season.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]