Create Account

Nicholas Pedersen Trade Presser

After being dealt to Calgary from LA @ the Trade Deadline, I am taking any questions that you may have.

Quote:
Slappydoodle,Sep 17 2015, 08:57 AM
Do you expect to grab some sloppy seconds from Alex Mack's conquests?

[b]I've been well aware of the legendary Poon Slaying of Alex Mack from his days in the Detroit Locker Room..  I've been here a day and already seen it first hand after that big win yesterday.  However I've recently tied the knot, so I wont be partaking in Alex's sloppy Seconds...I will leave those for Esa.

As the new guy on the Dragons are you prepared to rub oil into Esa's bunions daily?

Hell no!  I think Esa is very sensitive about his bunions and enlists's Alex Mack's conquests to rub oil on them.

How do you feel about the all you can eat chicken parm bar in the locker room?

If you look at my avatar, Chicken Parm's are may favorite sandwich of all time.  The CP bar is probably the greatest thing ever invented, and I will pack on a considerable amount of weight enjoying such a wonderful sandwich.  I also will be demanding a Chicken Parm clause in my new contract.[/b]

Quote: soulja Posted on Today at 09:08 am

were you aware of this trade possibility?

[b]I had no idea during the season that the trade was going to take place.  I was all in on trying to help LA get back to the finals.

What is your line looking like at the moment?

Esa has me playing Left Wing with Esa at Center and Gorlab on the Right.  Also I'm double shifting on the 4th line as Right Wing.  Other than that I am playing Center on all of the specialty teams.

How is your new team treating you?
So far everyone has been great.  Gorlab and Alex created new sigs for me, and Esa had a chicken parm waiting for me when I got in the LR, and McZ really couldn't have been nicer, saying he always wanted to play with Pedersen before he hung it up with Chris.  If it resembles the LA locker room and the amazing members of that organization I will be very happy to be apart of Calgary.[/b]

Quote:
jRuutu,Sep 17 2015, 01:23 PM
Ready for those cold Calgary winters?

[b]Growing up in the northern most point of Nova Scotia in Meat Cove, I am used to the cold winter.  Reminds me that I need to go get a bowl of fish chowder at my favorite Meat Cove Eatery.  The Chowder Hut...DELICIOUS.

[Image: 622427463_uXBXT-L.jpg]

Already found a place near the arena?

I'm crashing at Esa's until I can find a suitable place for a man of my talents to live. 

Any goals for rest of the season?
Contributing to the team making the playoffs and hopefully winning a cup.  Personally I hope that I can develop some chemistry with Esa and Gorlab.  If that happens we will be  tough to stop in the playoffs.
[/b]

Quote:
Steelhead77,Sep 17 2015, 09:21 PM
Are you concerned that with you and Esa in Calgary dominating chicken parms, that the local chicken population will be decimated?

[b]Clearly this will become an epidemic of unmeasurable proportions, so I had my management team reach out to the Chicken Parm Conglomerate about quintupling the output of chicken parms to the region.  Hopefully it is enough, but we shall see..

Did your new uniform fit, or do we need to get you a 3XL?

Pedersen is 6'4 189lbs... uniform fit just fine, except the crotch needs to be let out a bit.

What are you most excited about playing for Calgary? (Besides playing for Esa again Tongue)

One of my goals in the league was to eventually get to play alongside Esa, so its just gravy that I get to play for and on the same line as Esa.  It's been since our days at the Heartland Hockey camp back in 2005, which I wrote about in a BHT Exclusive 

Basement Hockey Times Exclusive
The time when Esa Anrikkanen met Nicholas Pedersen
[Image: tLwifrv.jpg]
We here at the Basement Hockey Times have just uncovered a remarkable story about a former scoring champion of the SMJHL, Esa Anrikkanen and the current SMJHL leading scorer Nicholas Pedersen.  Time travel back to the summer of 2005, when the world went from celebrating Live 8 (10 simultaneous concerts raising money to Make Poverty History), to the horrific terrorist attack on the London Underground.  In the United States, approaching a year after the band Phish had walked off the stage for their final* performance at Coventry Vermont, hippies across the country were confused what to do for the summer.  The hockey world was reeling after a cancelled season by the evil dictator Gary Bettmen.  Who is an evil little man, that doesn’t know how to skate.
But all was not lost in the summer of 2005.  At the Heartland Hockey (owned and operated by former NHL’er Steve Jensen) camp in Deerwood, Minnesota (population 532), a portly 10 year old from Helsinki, Finland named Esa Anrikkanen ended up on the same line as a short pudgy kid# hailing from a tiny fishing village in Meat Cove, Nova Scotia, Nicholas Pedersen.  The two were paired on the same team since they were part of the International players at the camp. 
[Image: clickableimagemap.jpg]
Right off the bat, Esa and Nico clicked.  They both have the same philosophy on the ice, none of which consisted of playing any defense.  It is because of this that they often found themselves having to do extra skating after training sessions because of their defensive laziness.    It was during this extra skating that the two players from vastly different backgrounds would form a friendship that has carried on till today. 
Off the ice the two young boys would spend hours playing the original Sega Genesis (Esa brought his favorite gaming system over for the long trip) game Rocky.  Nico had never heard about the Rocky franchise till then, and instantly became enamored with Ivan Drago, which to this day is what drives him. 
[Image: 2483cd11796ad018238b37c0cd11198684b6290f...7495c4.jpg]
On the ice is where the magic really happened.  Nico centering Esa was quite a sight to see.  The two boys would skate circles around their competition.  Using give and go passes, banking the puck of the boards to each other, cycling in the offensive end.  They instinctively knew what each other were going to do when they had the puck on their sticks, which more times than not ended up in the back of the net.  They scored at will the first few days of camp playing against kids in their own age group, despite playing against some of the best youth hockey players in the world. 
[Image: Er5CFIs.jpg]

What are some things you learned from your great GM's in LA about how to be pro in your time there?

Wasty has an amazing approach to the game.  One of the best qualities he instilled, is to always be positive, and to conduct yourself around the boards like a professional.  Don't engage in anything that will shine the team in a negative light.  I think that is why you see that the Panthers are one of the most respected organizations out there.  There was zero drama in my time there, and always a fun place to be.  Even when I was struggling terribly my 2nd season (7 points thru 21 games) Wasty was always encouraging, and made a change that would change my career forever (playing me with Brian Morley, and registering 28 points over the last 31 games).  I cannot thank him and the Panthers enough for giving me a huge opportunity right out of the gate, and sticking with me thru the struggles. 

What will you miss about being a part of LA the most?

They have a fantastic Locker Room, every member is respectful, encouraging, and make it an entertaining fun place to hangout.  I'll miss everyone there - Wasty, Morley, Skarsgaard, Bottas, Boyka, Joker, Ruutu, Carter, Kekkonen, Moosejaw, Jackson, and of course my apprentice CJ. Thank you all for making the Panthers an amazing place to play.

Since you're staying with Esa while you find your own place in Calgary, will you please try and open the window after you unload in the bathroom? Or light a match , or just go to the hospital. -thx

bask in my essence

When can we expect the next basement hockey times article?

My agent has informed me that BHT would like to do another piece during the offseason, so we shall see what they have in mind.

Is there any chance we can get your little brother out of retirement to come play goalie for us in the basement of Esa's house? Will you make him cry again? Do you think he has ever recovered?

Casey is and will remain retired from playing goalie, he is starting to become quite a hockey player, who knows maybe one day he will be in the SHL.........

Cheers[/b]

Quote:
goldlab,Sep 17 2015, 10:49 PM
Which team's dick pic thread was more satisfying?

[b]I've never seen a micro penis before, so yours was quite interesting  :o  I kid I kid

[/b]

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Do you expect to grab some sloppy seconds from Alex Mack's conquests?

As the new guy on the Dragons are you prepared to rub oil into Esa's bunions daily?

How do you feel about the all you can eat chicken parm bar in the locker room?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

were you aware of this trade possibility?

What is your line looking like at the moment?

How is your new team treating you?

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Ready for those cold Calgary winters?

Already found a place near the arena?

Any goals for rest of the season?

Are you concerned that with you and Esa in Calgary dominating chicken parms, that the local chicken population will be decimated?

Did your new uniform fit, or do we need to get you a 3XL?

What are you most excited about playing for Calgary? (Besides playing for Esa again Tongue)

What are some things you learned from your great GM's in LA about how to be pro in your time there?

What will you miss about being a part of LA the most?

Since you're staying with Esa while you find your own place in Calgary, will you please try and open the window after you unload in the bathroom? Or light a match , or just go to the hospital. -thx

When can we expect the next basement hockey times article?

Is there any chance we can get your little brother out of retirement to come play goalie for us in the basement of Esa's house? Will you make him cry again? Do you think he has ever recovered?

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Which team's dick pic thread was more satisfying?

updated thru Gorlabs question

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Quote:Originally posted by mstuk41@Sep 18 2015, 07:29 AM
updated thru Gorlabs question
Dat burn on glab doe.

Glad to have you on the team, boss! Cheers