Create Account

New penalty for Driving Under the Influence STOP DRIVING DRUNK!

Okay so this horrific event occurred a week or so ago like 20 minutes from where I live I'm not sure if any of you guys saw but here is the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/vaug...-dead-1.3246419

Basically this guy was coming home from a friends stag and decided to drink on the plane, when landed he decided to get behind the wheel of his range rover. later he blew through a stop sign (I'm pretty sure because he was on his phone) and T-boned a mini van carrying A grandfather and wife, great grandmother and their three young grand kids. All 3 kids died. The grandfather also died. both the grandmother and great grandmother survived and were in the hospital in critical condition. Obviously the idiot walks away fine smfh.

This shit pissed me off so much. If you drink don't drive. simple.
Now a mother has lost her dad and ALL three of her kids in a matter of minutes. so horrible

I think the law should be:

If you drink and drive and get convicted you should NEVER drive again.

why should you have the chance to ever do what you did again? you shouldn't!

What do you guys think?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Oct 5 2015, 04:33 PM
Okay so this horrific event occurred a week or so ago like 20 minutes from where I live I'm not sure if any of you guys saw but here is the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/vaug...-dead-1.3246419

Basically this guy was coming home from a friends stag and decided to drink on the plane, when landed he decided to get behind the wheel of his range rover. later he blew through a stop sign (I'm pretty sure because he was on his phone) and T-boned a mini van carrying A grandfather and wife, great grandmother and their three young grand kids. All 3 kids died. The grandfather also died. both the grandmother and great grandmother survived and were in the hospital in critical condition. Obviously the idiot walks away fine smfh.

This shit pissed me off so much. If you drink don't drive. simple. 
Now a mother has lost her dad and ALL three of her kids in a matter of minutes. so horrible

I think the law should be:

If you drink and drive and get convicted you should NEVER drive again.

why should you have the chance to ever do what you did again? you shouldn't!

What do you guys think?

I agree, if you couldn't make the decision to not impare yourself when navigating a 2,000 pound metal box once, you should never be given the opportunity again.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I think it's like mandatory minimum jail sentences for drug crimes, harsher penalties won't stop people. People need to be made aware that this isn't just something that "happens to other people."

Brings me back to my breathalyzer topic. If there was a breathalyzer mandatory in every car, he would not have been behind the wheel because his car wouldn't start. The drunkest of drivers almost always drive alone. Breathalyzer, despite not being flawless, would stop countless of fatalities like this.

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Oct 5 2015, 03:19 PM
Brings me back to my breathalyzer topic. If there was a breathalyzer mandatory in every car, he would not have been behind the wheel because his car wouldn't start. The drunkest of drivers almost always drive alone. Breathalyzer, despite not being flawless, would stop countless of fatalities like this.
Actually a great idea

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by :Mac:@Oct 5 2015, 12:51 PM

I agree, if you couldn't make the decision to not impare yourself when navigating a 2,000 pound metal box once, you should never be given the opportunity again.

I have driven in varying stages of drunkness when I was younger - now that I'm older it's a pretty simple equation for me. A dui is equivalent to at least 10k and uber home is about 20-30 bucks. I could ride uber approx 400 times for the cost of a DUI.

TML- I don't think it should be a life time ban if no one is hurt, but I think they should make it a more severe fine - something like 25K for the first time, and 50k for a second.

You're from near Vaughn too? :o

But awful tragedy and yeah, more serious penalties are needed, shouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

No because you're not the same person when you're 50 as you were when you were 18.

And no I'm not an advocate for drunk driving.

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Oct 5 2015, 06:37 PM
You're from near Vaughn too? :o

But awful tragedy and yeah, more serious penalties are needed, shouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

I'm from near Vaughn Smile

The breathalyser idea is fine, I suppose. As for banning someone from driving for life because they drunk drove once, absolutely fucking not. TML, I understand your anger towards the inconsiderate fuck who killed that family, but I can never stand up for such a Draconian law.

I'm fairly confident that I could safely drive while over the legal limit, or at least as safely as when I'm tired, which is perfectly legal. I'm not irresponsible enough to drive while drunk, but I have on occasion had a pint in the afternoon, gotten on a tram for a half an hour, and then driven home from my stop. That one pint puts me over the legal limit (fractionally, but enough that it's illegal), but it doesn't impair my driving. At the risk of sounding like one of those "you'll never take my guns away" people, I am not going to support something that has the potential to ban me from driving for life because of a legal technicality.

Also, what tez said. You live and you learn, or you're a waste of resources.

I blame the cell phone.

Quote:Originally posted by goldlab@Oct 6 2015, 12:50 AM
I blame the cell phone.
I get what you mean, but I do feel it's important to correct how you phrased it. The blame in this instance only goes to one place, and it's on the man. Whether he was drunk or too engrossed with his phone to pay attention (likely both), he's still a stupid cunt.

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Oct 5 2015, 03:19 PM

This is a great idea on paper there are too many variables, and the ramifications of the breathalyzer malfunctioning and not letting your car too start.

Imagine calling into work "uhhh I can't start my car, my breathalyzer is malfunctioning."

Also in the states different class levels have lower BAC restrictions.

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Oct 5 2015, 05:53 PM

I get what you mean, but I do feel it's important to correct how you phrased it. The blame in this instance only goes to one place, and it's on the man. Whether he was drunk or too engrossed with his phone to pay attention (likely both), he's still a stupid cunt.

No you don't get what he means. He's trolling.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Oct 5 2015, 05:53 PM

No you don't get what he means. He's trolling.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤