Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Nov 30 2015, 04:03 AM

Shaq ran the early 2000's
Shall ran the league with his power.
Kobe ran it with skill.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by Leo Senpai@Nov 30 2015, 05:19 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan but y'all are on one.

He is a 9x nba all defensive first team.

He also got one MVP and one rape case?

All jokes aside he is 7-10th player of all time. LeBron is better or will be by the end of his career.

Quote:Originally posted by Leo Senpai@Nov 30 2015, 11:19 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan but y'all are on one.

He is a 9x nba all defensive first team.
Which I must say is too high from a numbers stand point. Kobe could defend, but only if he felt like defending. I remember lots of games where he decided that he rather felt like not defending to save some energy for offense.

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Dec 1 2015, 01:42 AM
All jokes aside he is 7-10th player of all time. LeBron is better or will be by the end of his career.
I said shush with these comparisons in here. Exercise

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Nov 30 2015, 01:52 PM

Agreed. I can name 3 players that are better than Kobe, and I haven't watched pro basketball since the 90s.
Ya I mean, Kobe is arguably only the third greatest laker of all time lol.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

He's easily the 8th - 12th greatest player consistently in people's top 3 players all time considering the top 5 players before the 1990's.

What happened to "He's a fucking legend, what a career" and leaving it at that? :lol:

Oh and that adultery thing

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Nov 30 2015, 07:42 PM

When LeBron hangs it up he will end up with a better career for sure.

Quote:Originally posted by stevo@Nov 30 2015, 07:50 PM

I said shush with these comparisons in here.  Exercise

I don't like comparing players of today to past players. Athletes have evolved compared to back then.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 30 2015, 09:40 PM
He's easily the 8th - 12th greatest player consistently in people's top 3 players all time considering the top 5 players before the 1990's.

What happened to "He's a fucking legend, what a career" and leaving it at that? :lol:

Oh and that adultery thing
Because it's fun to do :lol:

IMO He's somewhere between 15-25 but that's a lot more contentious and requires far more research and time that I don't have right now Tongue

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Nov 30 2015, 06:06 PM

Because it's fun to do :lol:

IMO He's somewhere between 15-25 but that's a lot more contentious and requires far more research and time that I don't have right now Tongue

I would personally like to hear 14 players better than Kobe.

My personal top 10.

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Wilt
4. Shaq
5. Bill Russell
6. Hakeem
7. Kareem
8. Duncan
9. Bird
10. Bryant

Quote:Originally posted by Leo Senpai@Dec 1 2015, 02:47 AM

I don't like comparing players of today to past players. Athletes have evolved compared to back then.
Yup, that and the game itself has changed.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 30 2015, 10:29 PM

I would personally like to hear 14 players better than Kobe.

My personal top 10.

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Wilt
4. Shaq
5. Bill Russell
6. Hakeem
7. Kareem
8. Duncan
9. Bird
10. Bryant
Take your 9 and add LeBron, KG, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Karl Molone. It does get highly debatable at this point and, granted, a number of these guys I never actually was able to watch and have really just seen highlights of. But for me, Kobe never really passed the eye test as being even in the conversation of best all time. That absolutely doesn't take away from the fact that he is one of the very best but his selfishness leading to poorer efficiency and lack of effort defensively, especially when off the ball, make me believe he is highly overrated.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Nov 30 2015, 06:49 PM

Take your 9 and add LeBron, KG, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Karl Molone. It does get highly debatable at this point and, granted, a number of these guys I never actually was able to watch and have really just seen highlights of. But for me, Kobe never really passed the eye test as being even in the conversation of best all time. That absolutely doesn't take away from the fact that he is one of the very best but his selfishness leading to poorer efficiency and lack of effort defensively, especially when off the ball, make me believe he is highly overrated.

I would concede West and Robertson.

But those other 3.

Lawd have mercy

Elgin Baylor gets slept on by a lot of people