Create Account

Jackson Weekes | Retirement

<div align="center">[Image: Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+New+Jersey+Devils+...-eKINl.jpg]

"I think it may be time."</div>
Those six words echoed in the head of Jackson Weekes' agent, who remained silent on the other end of the line, racking his brain for an appropriate response. Finally, with years of experience and wisdom in the business, the perfect answer struck him, "huh?"

"I just think it is time, you know how it is, you've been here with me the whole time. Season 24 isn't coming back to us. That level of play just isn't in me anymore, we keep seeing it year and year now. I'm frustrated. I'm tired. I can't improve beyond my current skill level and it isn't cutting it. You know me, you know that I can't compete unless I'm competing at the highest level. This is no where close. I don't want to play like this anymore. I think it may be time to just throw in the towel."

The agent was scratching his head, the phone in his hand bouncing from left to right ear, still struggling to grasp the words and feelings that were washing over him. The answers weren't there, not because he couldn't find them or come up with them, but instead because there was no answer. He knew in his own heart that what was being said was true, there really was no going back at this point. It wasn't even worth fighting for. So the only thing he could say to his long-time client and friend? "Where do we go from here? How do you want to do this?"

"I think I want to be involved with the league somehow still, even if my playing career is over. Perhaps I can be a coach somewhere? Maybe I'm the old goalie, former MVP who can come in and give some advice and pointers to the younger generation. There are new goalies coming up all the time who could use some good advice and experience to help them along their way. Then again, maybe they'll just think I'm a one-hit wonder..."

"...oh well, maybe they'd be right. I think the right way to go about it is to do it at the end of the season, finish out my time here without leaving them out to dry. But, with respect and appreciation for the Texas organization for bringing me in and giving me one more shot, I think we should go ahead and let them know of our intentions. They've already got the goalie they want to build the future around anyway, but just to be courteous, you know."

And so his agent began plans to file the necessary paperwork to the league office, preparing for his biggest client to no longer be in the SHL, which gave both of them their big break.

---

Jackson Weekes is the starting goalie for the Texas Renegades. He won four awards in Season 24, which included the Honcho, Khan, Mexico and McBride. Since then, he has largely faded into irrelevance, despite the fact that he hasn't gotten any worse or regressed from a skill level, and can't work any harder than he has. He can't improve anymore, and yet he continues to be mediocre at best. As such, perhaps he isn't of quality to contend with the skaters in the league and is folding up shop. Jackson Weekes had one of the best single seasons in the SHL of all-time, including setting a record, and will soon be nothing more than a small blip on the SHL's history and a memory soon to be forgotten.

---

Jackson Weekes' former agent began his search for a new client, a new bell cow to tie himself to in order to get back on top. Frustrated, and a bit angry with his current predicament, he took a liking to the more physical side of the game of hockey. Perhaps that is why he became so fixated on his next client...

---

I will now open this up for questions, dedicating the rest of this space to a press conference, if anyone so chooses. I know that people hate that, so that's why I'm doing it. Plus, with no more contract money incoming likely, I'll be needing some more money.

---

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang+Feb 8 2016, 03:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (WZjang @ Feb 8 2016, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->re-create?[/b]

I will eventually re-create, yes. I have a particular build or player type that I want to go with. It almost assuredly will fail miserably, but I have that in my mind moreso than being a goalie at this point. I don't know though, if I'll re-create immediately whenever I retire, because I'm just not as active here as I was when I started and I'm not sure that I'm committed to be. When I re-create, I want to be back to 100% activity, and that might take awhile. Frankly, not knowing many people here or participating in much discussion makes me feel a little bit alienated. Coming in at Season 19, I beat the big recruitment classes and I'm not familiar with any of them, except for Bojo, and all I know about him is that he sucks at everything and likes Colin Schmidt, which makes him suck even more. Other than that, I'm pretty disconnected from most of the SHL! That makes it less likely that I re-create immediately.

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 8 2016, 03:16 PM<br />If the answer to the above is yes, another goalie?

There is roughly a 0% chance that I'll create as a goalie in the SHL again. I've been maxxed out on what I can upgrade for multiple seasons now, and yet my results fluctuate around like crazy. I've been pathetic for two or three seasons now after having one of the best the SHL has ever had, and that is incredibly frustrating. I can't do anything to combat negative performances, because I'm already capped out. I can't build up attributes or improve myself, I just have to sit here and take it. To me, that's disheartening and ultimately the reason that I'm no longer interested in it. If I felt like there was something I could do to help myself play better, I would, but I'm pretty much stuck and I've been stagnant for awhile now.

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 8 2016, 03:54 PM<br />Which people are you most thankful for? Who helped you in your adjustment to the SHL/ Who are some of your favorite teammates?

The crew in St. Louis was great when I was in the minors. We had a nice, manageable locker room and JP was a solid GM to me. Wasty was helpful from the moment I joined the SHL, being supportive all along and encouraging. Park was helpful to me as he answered a lot of questions about how to build and earn TPE, since he knew who I was all along. Fever answered some questions unknowingly, as I pretended to ask about McBride to get information for Weekes. JayWhy was an incredibly motivation because of how much he hated my articles and because he drafted Pedersons over me and tried to defend it. I wanted to prove him wrong. I think I did.

Pretty much everyone on Los Angeles and Texas has been solid as far as teammates are concerned, except for Jamie Shitler.

<!--QuoteBegin-JayWhy@Feb 8 2016, 04:59 PM

So with the recent discussion of going to a higher scoring sim, would you say this kind of result is disheartening enough or would you support going to a sim where goaltenders typically have .850 SV%s?

Having had the same experience as you, to a near tee, I understand the frustration that comes with it. I wish you luck, friend. It's just sad and unexpected to see me outlast you. It was nice to feud though. You were a great goalie.
[/quote]

The part that is disheartening is how powerless you are. For seasons now I've just been stuck at max capacity on my attributes, so I essentially am now just at the mercy of the simulator, which can go from legendary season to scrub in a matter of moments. The early career didn't bother me as much because I was still improving and had things to work on - once you're maxed out you expect to play at an elite level and it is frustrating when you don't, especially when you know you can because you have. I just don't feel like spending a ton of seasons doing the same thing every time and expecting different results (I've heard that's called insanity).

re-create?

If the answer to the above is yes, another goalie?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

:(

[Image: livius.gif]

Noo :(

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 8 2016, 03:14 PM
re-create?

I will eventually re-create, yes. I have a particular build or player type that I want to go with. It almost assuredly will fail miserably, but I have that in my mind moreso than being a goalie at this point. I don't know though, if I'll re-create immediately whenever I retire, because I'm just not as active here as I was when I started and I'm not sure that I'm committed to be. When I re-create, I want to be back to 100% activity, and that might take awhile. Frankly, not knowing many people here or participating in much discussion makes me feel a little bit alienated. Coming in at Season 19, I beat the big recruitment classes and I'm not familiar with any of them, except for Bojo, and all I know about him is that he sucks at everything and likes Colin Schmidt, which makes him suck even more. Other than that, I'm pretty disconnected from most of the SHL! That makes it less likely that I re-create immediately.

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 04:50 PM

Maybe playing the Survivor game will build some friendships, idk, when I used to play I always got to know my tribemates and opponents

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 04:50 PM

Don't think I didn't see this!

(bish)

Schmidt >

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Which people are you most thankful for? Who helped you in your adjustment to the SHL/ Who are some of your favorite teammates?

Nice career, bud. Best of luck with real life or whatever you do with your time now. :lol:

damn. best of luck to you in your future wherever you go. Smile #greentribefam

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 8 2016, 03:16 PM
If the answer to the above is yes, another goalie?

There is roughly a 0% chance that I'll create as a goalie in the SHL again. I've been maxxed out on what I can upgrade for multiple seasons now, and yet my results fluctuate around like crazy. I've been pathetic for two or three seasons now after having one of the best the SHL has ever had, and that is incredibly frustrating. I can't do anything to combat negative performances, because I'm already capped out. I can't build up attributes or improve myself, I just have to sit here and take it. To me, that's disheartening and ultimately the reason that I'm no longer interested in it. If I felt like there was something I could do to help myself play better, I would, but I'm pretty much stuck and I've been stagnant for awhile now.

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 8 2016, 03:53 PM

Maybe playing the Survivor game will build some friendships, idk, when I used to play I always got to know my tribemates and opponents

I'm sure I'd know more people if I was actually around Tongue

My dilemma, is that I don't like how active this place is lol. I can't keep up with everything anymore, which is how I used to operate. I might literally check every thread and see every response and be on top of everything, but I (gladly) stopped doing that. I just don't have it in me, so I just don't ever consider myself to be very active here.

Quote:Originally posted by Jackson@Feb 8 2016, 05:21 PM

But your team is in third place playing against strong teams like Edmonton Calgary Seattle and Winnipeg. It's not going to be easy to be the best

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]