Create Account

A Look into S27 Free Agency

<center>This can be graded, no chance i am ever going to find the time to finish this.

[Image: o6CABO2.jpg]
Edmonton Blizzard Defenseman Chuck Goody celebrates a goal with his teammates.
Goody is one of the players in this free agency class that could be on another team before the beginning of S28.

--

With the regular season of the SHL ending and playoffs ready to begin, every team has to look at their roster
and look at their upcoming free agents, and decide who is going to be offered a contract,
and who is going to be hitting the road in search of a new place to play. I'm not writing
about guys who are signed for $500,000 because fuck that. or inactives because also
fuck that.
also gm's players because they are obviously
going to re-sign.
also everything is my opinion so please don't take it as fact
thx 1 love

-----

A Look Into S27 Free Agency

Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede

[Image: Lw0s9oU.jpg?1]
Niklas Stryker looks on in warm up.

Stampede Niklas Stryker, Buffalo Stampede - 1080 TPE Stampede
Season 27 Statistics: GP: ?? | G: ?? | A: ?? | P: ?? | +/-: ?? | PIM: ?? |
S27 Salary: $6,000,000

Niklas Stryker is without a doubt one of the higher end players in the SHL. He is the one of the leaders of the Buffalo franchise, both on and off the ice. Signing a 2 year deal that takes him to the end of Season 27, he is coming off of a great performance this season that will definitely look at him getting a similar amount. Looking at his contract history, it looks like he may go to another team to chase a Challenge Cup as his time left in the league at his elite status is dwindling. Stryker has already beginning to regress as a player and will want a Challenge Cup before he ultimately retires.

For Buffalo, I believe that they should focus on signing Stryker again, or another elite forward in this free agency class. Right now, their prospect pool is just starting to get deeper, and I believe that in a couple of seasons, the Stampede will make the playoffs. But right now, signing Stryker or a forward that is comparable to Stryker is in Buffalo's best interest.

[Image: opV8PpX.jpg]
Howard celebrates a goal for the Stampede.

Stampede Reginald Howard, Buffalo Stampede - 426 TPE Stampede
S27 Salary: $4,000,000

Howard is a curious case. He is for all intents and purposes inactive, and only amassed 426 TPE. However, his player is pretty average all around. He will transition to being a depth player, while elite prospects like Hannu Hamalainen will slot into Buffalo's top 6. I am pretty confident that the Stampede will retain Howard going forward, for a very cheap amount and in a depth role.

[Image: zYf824N.jpg?1]
Nichushkin celebrates a win with goaltender Tyler No Nerves

Stampede Nazar Nichushkin, Buffalo Stampede - 509 TPE Stampede
S27 Salary: $3,000,000

Nazar Nichushkin has unfortunately gone inactive, but ranks for 5th for team scoring playing bottom 6 minutes. That's pretty impressive. Not much of a defensive player, Nichushkin is purely an offensive dynamo. I believe that the Stampede will retain his rights and sign him for cheap as well until their more of their prospects are ready to take the spot from him.

Dragons Calgary Dragons Dragons

[Image: 7xGt0wE.jpg]
Michael Boychuk moves the puck through the Dragons zone.

Dragons Michael Boychuk, Calgary Dragons - 853 TPE Dragons

I will preface it by saying this: if Michael Boychuk leaves Calgary in free agency, it won't be because of the money. Calgary's defensive corps are all (with the exception of Sachimo Zoidberg, who is signed until S29) free agents. With the unexpected retirement of Steven Jalopski at the end of the season, Calgary loses one of their best players. Boychuk is making moves to become the next #1 defenseman in Calgary, and I believe that he gets a lot of money & term to play huge minutes next season in Calgary.

[Image: n5JsWu0.jpg?1]
Labsvārds moves the puck through the attacking zone on the power play.

Dragons Krišs Labsvārds , Calgary Dragons - 904 TPE Dragons
S27 Salary: $1,500,000

Kriss Labsvards is another very, very good defenseman for the Dragons, with a very deep link to the Albertan city. Even though the Latvian defenseman is on the tail end of his career, he is a rock in the defensive zone as well. Labsvards has began regressing, but has signed at a huge discount to the Dragons through his last contract. I believe that Labsvards will stay in Calgary on another discount contract and help mentor prospects coming through the system with his last few seasons with the Dragons.

[Image: DUzxQ1u.jpg]
Martell puts on the Dragons' jersey before a press conference.

Dragons Oferyn Martell , Calgary Dragons - 613 TPE Dragons

Martell is another player who has deep links to Calgary, as his agent's last player (Kari Barkov) played only for the Calgary Dragons. Following right in his footsteps is the up and coming defenseman Oferyn Martell. Martell is another good defenseman that is very likely to resign in Calgary (see the trend here? Calgary can develop defensemen. And people who play there want to stay there). I believe that Martell will re-sign with the Dragons as he is a very big part of the core going forward for the Dragons.

[Image: ouG6pvS.jpg?1]
Pergher helps move the puck out of the Dragon's zone.

Dragons Fernando Pergher , Calgary Dragons - 839 TPE Dragons

Pergher is the definition of an elite stay-at-home defenseman. He doesn't spend a lot of time in the box, and is very good at keeping the puck out of his own net. He will never score a hat trick, but he will stop the other team from scoring. Pergher is in a good position with the Dragon's here as he is most likely looking for a large raise. Due to the many discounts signed by Dragons players, they have the cap room to give the raise to Pergher, who if he hits free agency will be highly sought after by rival clubs. I think there is a chance that he leaves the Dragons to play more minutes on another team.

[Image: 2soiMne.jpg?1]
Spiak folds a member of the Buffalo Stampede along the boards.

Dragons Ken Spiak, Calgary Dragons - 834 TPE Dragons

Spiak is another great defensive defenseman for the Dragons. Him and Pergher are very close to the same player, but Spiak is 3 seasons older. He hasn't been spotted in the gym lately, but is still a good player for the Dragons. He will hit regression 3 seasons before Pergher will, so it might be in the best interest for the Dragons to either sign both of Spiak/Pergher or to let Spiak walk in free agency to bring in a younger prospect on a cheaper cap hit.

[Image: tnA3s4L.jpg?1]
Jagr lines up for a face off.

Dragons Schitzinfritz Jagr, Calgary Dragons - 939 TPE Dragons

Jagr is an elite forward that still has a lot of time left in the league, coming into the season the same season as Fernando Pergher. It is highly unlikely that Jagr leaves, as I just realized as I was typing this that he is the co-gm of the team. Whoops, guess I am leaving this part in. If I had a 1 year subscription to brazzers I wouldn't leave the team either.

[Image: 9Ievpg0.jpg?1]
McZehrl celebrates a Dragons goal.

Dragons VLAD McZehrl, Calgary Dragons - 869 TPE Dragons

McZehrl is an offensive wonderboy, simple as that. One of the best shooters in the game, he is only going to get better as he is the same age as one of the Dragons who just signed a massive extension into S36, Randy Randleman. I believe that McZehrl stays in Calgary, as no team can afford to give up elite talent like that.
</center>

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

im semiactive write about me

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

Hopefully you can find time to finish this. Already an interesting read

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

This is awesome, crutch, hope you find the time too. Love well written informative articles. Smile

try hard

[Image: livius.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Feb 13 2016, 05:21 PM
try hard

:wub:

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

You forgot me?

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 13 2016, 07:26 PM
You forgot me?
EZ24GET

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

nice!

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

This is nice indeed. Can't wait to read more of this.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Crutchy good idea here! I can't wait to see the final update Smile

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Oh I'm a free agent. Oh boy.

Am I a free agent? Hmm

[Image: cuffana.png]

This looks like a fantastic article if you can finish! Too bad Benson won't be hitting the open market now Tongue

Dont think you have to worry bout grading yet seeing as how theres 7 pages of ungraded media atm

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]