Create Account

Ryan Jesster Race

The Ryan Jesster race. Awarded to the best rookie, everyone gets only once chance to get the trophy, so it is always a constant battle to see who will be the rookie of the year. Last year the winner was Randy Randleman, the 1st overall pick of the S24 Draft, now we look towards S27 to see who has a shot to win the Ryan Jesster this year. This year I will be looking at 12 noteworthy rookies that entered the SHL at the S27 season.

<div align="center">[Image: 4jun10.png]
Dragons Michael Burch Dragons
7 Goals // 4 Assists // 11 Points // 1 Hits // -5 // 2 PIMS</div>

Starting off with Michael Burch of the Calgary Dragons, Michael Burch had a decent season for joining the SHL after a 3rd season in the SMJHL, with 680 TPE. Originally starting off on the 4th line and having trouble before eventually being moved to the first line near the end of the season with Esa and Steven Jalopski, Michael Burch struggled adjusting to the SHL, getting very little numbers in many categories. He does follow up on his role of being a sniper with 7 goals over 4 assists but we can expect him to do better in his sophomore year.

<div align="center">[Image: rice3r.png]
:admirals: Krysztof Kowalski :admirals:
8 Goals // 8 Assists // 16 Points // 12 Hits // +4 // 6 PIMS</div>

Second off we have Krysztof Kowalski of the Portland Admirals as a true rookie being drafted 1st overall in the S27 SHL Draft, just getting over the 350 cap, Krysztof has 366 TPE and had a pretty good season despite that TPE and made a fair contribution to the growing Portland Admirals. For being a 1st liner, he didn't get a lot of points which is fair for a true rookie, getting 8 goals and assists for 16 points, for the 9th most points among rookies. As the Portland Admirals grow, we can expect Kowalski to get better and better. Here's hoping for a fantastic second year in the SHL next season!.

<div align="center">[Image: mrrdk5.png]
Wolfpack Mainio Makinen Wolfpack
10 Goals // 6 Assists // 16 Points // 12 Hits // -7 // 2 PIMS</div>

Next we have Mainio Makinen (Man-e-o Mack-eh-nen? Sorry just wanted to do that Tongue) who joined the NEW England Wolfpack after his 3nd season in the SMJHL with the Kelowna Knights fresh after winning the 4 Star Cup. With 557 TPE he had an average season scoring 10 goals and 6 assists tying Kowalski for 16 points. As a center, he almost got a 50% faceoff average as he played on the 3rd liner for the whole year while also being moved around for the PK, PP, 4 on 4, etc. Makinen got to enjoy Tim Buckner and Butch Buckley for his linemates and was the main source of scoring on the 3rd line, the New England Wolfpack are a young team that have lots of development to go, as Flacko and Durden have both left the team, there may be a future spot for him but at this point we don't know but we can send good wishes for young Makinen.

<div align="center">[Image: 2dba1yh.png]
Stars Cynthia Taylor Stars
2 Goals // 8 Assists // 10 Points // 106 Hits // +16 // 77 PIMS</div>
Hey its me! :lol: I won't talk too much about me, I think it's pretty weird talking about your own player and how great they did, it feels too awkward for me. I'll do a quick summary of my season but I am not going to talk too much. I started on the top 6 paring and stayed there the whole season with some occasional moves to the top 4, I have top 10 in +/- thanks to my teammates >:D< and I have the most hits and PIMS among all the rookies this year. That's it from me, I'll get a North Star to come in and write a more formal one.

<div align="center">[Image: zso84m.png]
Steelhawks Cody Black Steelhawks
3 Goals // 14 Assists // 17 Points // 51 Hits // +4 // 26 PIMS</div>

Post Whore, I mean um, rookie Cody Black after his 3nd season in the SMJHL with the Vancouver Whalers joined the Hamilton Steelhawks after the Steelhawks won the cup in S27 hoping to help the team with a new young puck moving defensemen that Hamilton desperately needed and for the most part succeeded. With 536 TPE Cody Black brought an offensive defensemen with impressive defensive skills and offensive passing, playing with Jackson Hauke, a RW? Nevermind that though, Cody Black has a bright future ahead of him with a fairly young forward group in Hamilton and an amazing/fabulous goalie.

<div align="center">[Image: 2dba1yh.png]
Stars Adam Falk Stars
8 Goals // 9 Assists // 17 Points //28 Hits // -2 // 20 PIMS</div>

Next we have Adam Falk, a player many predicted to win the Ryan Jesster but doesn't seems to be in the running for it with 17 points. With 714 TPE, an incredible amount of TPE considering where he was drafted; 16th overall. Adam Falk played as a true 3rd line scorer pitching it with some hits and points, playing with an legend in the SHL on the 3rd line with Armin Brovulchuck and Emils Vilmenietis, Adam Falk and Emils Vilmenietis were the main scorers of the line as Toronto focused more on their top 6 scoring and having a strong defensive unit. Does Adam Falk have a good strong future? Hmm Probably not tbh. I jest I jest, there is an open spot on the RW in the future once Adam Kylrad retires, if he retires at least, Adam Falk looks to be a future goal scoring machine in Toronto.

<div align="center">[Image: 14tq6q9.png]
Blizzard Evgeni Karpotsov Blizzard
9 Goals // 8 Assists // 17 Points // 13 Hits // +3 // 6 PIMS</div>

Next we have Russian Adam Falk with goals and assists reversed. Here we have Evgeni Karpotsov, playing for the Edmonton Blizzard 3rd line with 444 TPE (Hmm) Like I said before with 9 goals and 8 assists, Karpotsov had similar point totals to Adam Falk although contributing less on hits. As a center, Karpotsov had a 46% faceoff average which could use some work in the future. Playing with players around 500 TPE, Karpotsov has a strong potential to become a star center for the Edmonton Blizzard in the future.

<div align="center">[Image: 2u7t2sh.png]
Chiefs Lord Vader Chiefs
1 Goals // 17 Assists // 18 Points // 94 Hits // -13 // 22 PIMS</div>

We have a sith lord next as Lord Vader of the Minnesota Chiefs with 411 TPE. Lord Vader was one of the bright sides of the Chiefs this season looking to have a bright future with 18 points, and 94 hits, common among defensive defenseman. Although the +/- is very bad, we can assume it isn't his fault. As one of the 3 only Austrians, Lord Vader does his country justice playing on the top 4 with Svensson holding his own weight hitting man by force choking, whether it is legal is unknown. Lord Vader has a bright future as a solid top 4 for Minnesota as a shut down defensemen using his tall 6'8 size to his advantage

<div align="center">[Image: 24y1cu1.png]
Jets Scott Robertson Jets
8 Goals // 11 Assists // 19 Points // 20 Hits // +10 // 12 PIMS</div>
I'M JUST KIDDING ROBERTSON, I DIDN'T FORGET. :lol: Next we have Robertson, one of the top 3 rookies in points and a defensemen to boot. Having 8 goals as a rookie defensemen is impressive especially when its 487 TPE to show. Winnipeg is extremely happy with its two rookies this season, Robertson followed a very typical offensive defensemen season, not hitting a lot but scoring points for his team. Scott's moustache prevented his team from lots of goals against with a +10 on the team. All of these amazing feats for a rookie defensemen playing on the top 4? I'm proud of you! Robertson looks to have a very good future in Winnipeg.

<div align="center">[Image: zso84m.png]
Steelhawks Don Pellagrino Steelhawks
12 Goals // 11 Assists // 23 Points // 17 Hits // +3 // 29 PIMS</div>
Poor Pellagrino, I remember San and Tony, RIP. At least you are still around Smile and Don has had a very good season for the Hamilton Steelhawks with his 471 TPE on the 2nd line. While playing alongside of Kian Hamilton and Arthur Grossberg helps, Don kept his own for most of the season and played a pretty good rookie season with 2nd in rookie points, 1 point behind our next rookie. Besides that, he does have an interesting PM5 Stat of 25 but I'm gonna overlook that. Anyways Don Pellegrino has a bright future in Hamilton on the 2nd line.

<div align="center">[Image: 24y1cu1.png]
Jets King Of Pepes Jets
12 Goals // 12 Assists // 24 Points // 23 Hits // -4 // 15 PIMS</div>
Yes we have the rare pepe man himself, Luke Fleming! My favorite Firebird while he was there (RIP) and he has followed his success into the SHL as well with the Winnipeg Jets. With 703 TPE, Fleming did not disappoint for the Jets placing 1st for points, mind you it was an assist, but still enough to get most points! Fleming had 12 goals and assists with a average amount of hits to boot. As a center, Fleming was impressive as he had a 52% Success rate on the dot. Fleming played on the 3rd and 4th line for the whole year originally with Mitchell Dambach and James Both before being switched with Lord Pretty Flacko and Jack Durden. Fleming's future looks bright in Winnipeg, there is a spot on the 2nd line for the taking and with the King of Pepes, anything is possible

<div align="center">[Image: 2u7t2sh.png]
Chiefs Swegkingu Chiefs
21 Wins // 0.906 SV% // 2.75 GAA // 3 SO // 1304 SA</div>
The biggest surprise of them all was Robert Andersson, playing as the starter for the Minnesota Chiefs, he was a massive surprise playing much better than every would think, with 553 TPE, he managed to average a 0.906 SV% and a 2.75 GAA as one of the best rookies this year. Managing to win 21 games for the chiefs alongside of 3 shutouts is an impressive year for Andersson. Minnesota looks like they have found their #1 goaltender for quite a long time.

Well there you have it, 12 rookies that have been noteworthy for the Ryan Jesster award. Of course there is only one winner and 3 nominees. Who will be these 3 nominees? Who will win the Ryan Jesster in S27? Whoever is the winner, you can be sure the SHL's future is bright with these 12 players coming in.

1924 Words

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Fun read

Quote:[Image: rb2PHg1.png]

[Image: bLHFkp2.png]

Jesster race has me like

[Image: snxvOhh.jpg]

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Good stuff!

Fun article, interesting race to be sure.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by IncorrectAtlas@Feb 17 2016, 10:06 PM

[Image: bLHFkp2.png]
being mentioned but having your name spelled wrong got me like
[Image: d96.jpg]

nice read and thanks for the kind words! I was able to get into a nice situation in Minnesota and really quiet down the doubters who thought I couldn't make the jump to the SHL!

Vote 4 Sweg

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Awesome article! Too bad King isn't living up to the True King of the Riot squad

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Sweg4Jesster

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Feb 18 2016, 09:38 AM
Vote 4 Sweg

Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by hockeyis66@Feb 18 2016, 08:43 AM

Yeahthat

He's only good because he has Lord Vader for a defenceman.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hockeyis66@Feb 18 2016, 01:53 PM
nice read and thanks for the kind words!&nbsp; I was able to get into a nice situation in Minnesota and really quiet down the doubters who thought I couldn't make the jump to the SHL!
Shove it down their throats

#Sweg

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.