Create Account

Poll: Calder winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Artemi Panarin
0%
0 0%
Colton Parayko
0%
0 0%
Jack Eichel
0%
0 0%
Shayne Gostisbehere
0%
0 0%
Max Romi
0%
0 0%
Connor McDavid
0%
0 0%
John Gibson
0%
0 0%
Dylan Larkin
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who will win the Calder?

Stemming from another thread where this is being discussed, Who does the SHL think will be the Calder recipient this season?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Top 2 candidates are Ghost and McDavid, both have their chances hurt by games played.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

If PHI makes the playoffs there's no way Ghost doesn't win. He single-handedly turned around what should've been a rebuilding season. While McDavid is the more talented player, he didn't have the effect on EDM like Ghost has had in Philly. Definitely had a better rookie season.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

New poll: why is this in SHL discussion?

Also, Ghost

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 30 2016, 07:39 PM

Also, Ghost

Yeahthat

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Ohtaay@Mar 30 2016, 09:31 PM
Top 2 candidates are Ghost and McDavid, both have their chances hurt by games played.

Yep, it's a smaller body of work for them both and impressive at that. Then you have full season guys like Panarin, who is doing well but wouldn't be leader likely if the other two had full seasons.

Normally I can pick them out pretty well, I did with Mason, Landeskog, MacKinnon before the season started. This year was McDavid before he got hurt, now my money is on Ghostbear.

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 30 2016, 09:39 PM

Also, Ghost

I went to create a poll, clicked new topic, went back and went to SHL discussion instead by accident it looks like.

Anywho, moved it over.

i think max romi has a pretty good shot at it

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Panarin should win it but he probably won't get the votes because he played in the KHL for years before he joined the NHL. That never became a reason until him for some reason when no one batted an eye when Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin all played in Russia before joining the NHL and won the Calder.

Ghostbear has def been great no denying that but I can't see him winning. more than likely the NHL will give it to McDavid because hes the 2nd coming of Gretzky in everyones eyes and the hype train is unbelievable.

I think McDavids injury made thus a many horse race. Will be interesting

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Mar 30 2016, 09:46 PM
Panarin should win it but he probably won't get the votes because he played in the KHL for years before he joined the NHL. That never became a reason until him for some reason when no one batted an eye when Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin all played in Russia before joining the NHL and won the Calder.

Ghostbear has def been great no denying that but I can't see him winning. more than likely the NHL will give it to McDavid because hes the 2nd coming of Gretzky in everyones eyes and the hype train is unbelievable.

i mean that and more importantly he plays with kane

one thing i don't get about the discussion around this award.

calder trophy is for the rookie who proves to be 'the most proficient rookie in their first season of play'

its not who had the best season.

I don't think there's any doubt of this crop of rookies who is the most proficient nhl player

I want Panarin but voted Ghost

GHOSTBEAR!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Mar 30 2016, 07:59 PM
one thing i don't get about the discussion around this award.

calder trophy is for the rookie who proves to be 'the most proficient rookie in their first season of play'

its not who had the best season.

I don't think there's any doubt of this crop of rookies who is the most proficient nhl player

Yeahthat

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]