Create Account

S29 PT #3 - Rookie Blues

There is no graphics option for this PT.

[The Setup]
Being a rookie can be tough--learning to fit in on a new team, finding your way around a new city, not to mention adjusting to the standards and expectations of a new league. Having the support and encouragement of your new teammates can make all the difference.

Time for some team bonding!

[Your Task]
Reach out to your veteran teammates/alumni in the locker room. In the interest of getting to know them, ask them at least two questions--one personal, and one about the site. Post your questions and their answers here.

[Gain]
1 capped TPE for each teammate you interview for a total of 4 possible capped TPE.
You may not interview other rookies for this PT.

Remember, the PT cap for the season is 30.
Only S29 SMJHL Rookies are eligible for this PT.
Claims will go in the global claim thread.
Please remember not to claim TPE for PTs that have not been graded yet.

[Deadline]
May 21st, 11:59 PM EST

Jepox:

1. Have you ever actually played hockey at any level? Were you good?

Yeah, I still play. I think that I'm around average, not the best, but not the worst player out there.

2. How much effort did you put into your initial build? Do you regret something you thought would be good back then, or are you glad you second guessed yourself and did something else?

Well, I made puck handling my weakness, as a power forward. I'm glad that that update scale changed, and I got to change my weakness. Other than that, I was pretty happy with it.

MyLittleHexx:

1. What initially got you interested in hockey? What team/player was it that hooked you?

I grew up watching the Grand Rapids Griffins(of the AHL), so it was probably them that got me interested in hockey. No real reason why I was interested, other than it had fighting and hitting and I didn't like the idea of playing any other sport.
For the past couple of years I've been really excited when I get the chance to walk Tomas Nosek, Ryan Sproul, and Xavier Ouellet. They are all Griffins, so I get to watch them play a lot.

2. How do you determine where to spend TPE? What attributes do you value over others, and how do you balance TPE needed to update versus value of the attributes?

I just pick a random attribute and raise it up 5 or so levels. Since I'm a defenseman, I try to keep Skating, Defense, and Puck Handling up. I also keep a 7 point difference between scoring and passing, just to make sure the simulation program focuses on the higher attribute.

dankoa:

1. What initially intrigued you about sim leagues? Are you a big Dungeons and Dragons player?

I think it was mostly due to boredom over the summer and being kinda willing to try anything like this. I've never played D&D before and this kinda stuff is a lot different to any of my other hobbies and stuff I get up to but I find them a lot of fun and something to keep me looking at in my downtime.

2. Which statistics do you value? How is it different determining an MVP for the SHL versus the NHL in terms of what matters?

Good question. I put a lot more value on team performance here so I guess my definition of an MVP here would be whoever is most responsible for a successful team's performance than whoever scored the most points. So I guess stats like +/- would come into it a lot more. I think a good example would be Wastlund for LAP last season, he was our top scorer as a defensemen and dominated in all categories amongst his peers. Had we made the playoffs there'd have been no question he'd have been MVP but as it was we didn't so it isn't fair to deem him as the most valuable player in the league.

RainDelay:

1. Why did you get into the SHL as a site? Was it prior experience with Dungeons and Dragons?

For one, I've actually never played Dungeons and Dragons haha
I have frequented GM sim leagues based on real life leagues for years. I currently run the Portland Trail Blazers in a retro NBA league and the New York Rangers in an NHL League. Player sims were something I had not done. When I got to the SHL, I fell in love. It was love at first site. This up close and personal experience made me really feel like I was playing in the league. Plus, the 100+ memybers who I have met here and developed friendships with make this the best community I have been a part of online!

2. Why are you developing your player the way you are? What thought process do you go through?

My goal with Matt Lewis-Flood has been the same from the start. Work hard and work for results. I train religiously, I do point tasks and claim all special event TPE that I can, because I know one day MLF will become the greatest. All through hard work and dedication. I know what the essential stats to train are, so I mainly focus on those and supplement them with the others!

A short conversation with Bishop revealed:

Quote:Personal: What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you recently?

I recently locked my keys in my car and if that wasn't bad enough it ran out of gas while I was locked outside!!

Site-related: What is the next player you'll create? Position, name, type of player, backstory? Of course, if you want to keep that secret, that's fine!

This will be 10+ seasons away but my next player will be a defenceman, not sure on offensive or defensive yet...no name yet either. The reason is there seems to be a definite need for them so it makes sense. The backstory is also undecided sorry as Sebastian is only into his 2nd season.

Then I was lucky enough to have some questions answered by Crutch:

Quote:My personal question is: What's your most recent, embarrassing story?

Recently, I managed to scrape my work truck along a gate. That one was tough to explain when I just wasn't paying attention :lol:  Oh well, such is life.

My site-related question to you is: What's it like being a GM?

It's definitely got it's ups and downs. It's a lot of fun selecting new players to bring into your franchise, but it is also a lot of work (imo). Then there is doing lines and making sure the locker room is bumping (which it is.. always Wink ). It's a good experience though and I would recommend anyone who has interest in managing a franchise express their willingness to, and maybe one day they will be another great SHL or SMJHL General Manager.

Harry Hans was gracious enough to answer my questions as well:

Quote:What did you aspire to be when you were younger? The Harriest Hans there ever was?

i've always wanted to something that involved wrestling or hockey since that what i like.

Do you have any ideas for something the SHL can expand on?

i think i adding more teams more would be fantastic, it could give new opportunities to people who never been a gm before.

And finally, BBP gave me some of his time, which I am thankful for. Gracias, bud.

Quote:Is BBP a secret nickname? If it ain't, I'm curious to know what it is.

its not a secret or anything, just my initials. lots of people around the site know that haha. It was my username on a hockeyforum i was recruited from so I just used the same name here.

What keeps you going on the site? What drives you to keep posting?
Been here for four or five years and have made some great friends on the site, particularly on the Renegades and Scarecrows, some of whom I talk to outside of  SHL. That keeps me posting and updating because otherwise I think the sim is donkey balls without enough stats to keep me interested.

Thanks to all the vets who took the time to answer some poorly thought out questions!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Wasty:

1) Who is your least favorite NHL player that everyone thinks is good?
It's easy to say Sidney Crosby, but even then I don't care much about him. Phil Kessel annoys the fuck out of me, same with Taylor Hall (dodges Tomatoes)

2) Which of your builds is your favorite and why?
Two-Way Defenseman is a pretty solid build. Really anything with high defense is going to be a great player. Felix is actually my first offensive forward as Marian Potoczny was a playmaker defensive first center.

vbottasnoods (rookie, but also GM and recreate, didn't know if this violates the spirit but he's basically been my sherpa)

1) If you had superpowers, would you use them for good or evil?

Definitely good but the Media would probably try to make me seem evil. I'd make it so people would stop taking advantage of people and the rich people would hate that. I guess I'd be like Bernie Sanders http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/wink.png

2) What attribute do you think is most crucial to constantly by mindful of?

Skating is key to pretty much every aspect of the game. Whether it's an offensive situation or a defensive situation, skating is going to make a big difference in the outcome. Skating is why I was never a good hockey player. smile.gif

ADwyer87

1) Bryce Dallas Howard, Aubrey Plaza or Jessica Chastain?

DC: Who are these people?

CB:
[Image: bryce31.jpg]
Bryce Dallas Howard

[Image: Aubrey-Plaza.jpg] Aubrey Plaza

[Image: 64116-F011115B-0766.jpg]
Jessica Chastain

DC: After looking at those pictures, I would have to pick Jessica Chastain. I would totally tap that. Redheads are sexy

CB: I'm required to accept your answer but Bryce Dallas Howard is also a redhead.

[Image: bryce-dallas-howard-at-critics-s-choice-...2016_1.jpg]

[Image: bryce-dallas-howard-1-435.jpg]

[Image: b18bf18606206c4b6f8252c798cec244.jpg]

DC: Then give me both, fine with me

2) If Dick Chocolate II gets to the HOF, will you try your hand at a different position or try to best yourself?

first of all, if Dick Chocolate makes it into the hall of fame, I'm going to post pictures of chocolate dicks all over the boards and never shut up about it. Second, I really don't know, I still have plenty of time to decide, but currently I would have to say I'm leaning towards recreating as a goalie. I enjoy looking at my stats, they just seem so much cooler and interesting. However, a small skill winger on the VHL, an enforcer in the GOMHL, and a balanced goalie here, so there's many archetypes I haven't tried yet. I may want to be a balanced defenseman, or maybe a grinder, or maybe just a pure sniper, or maybe I might just want to see if I can be like a spectacular save goalie, kindof Hasek like. That's what I'm looking at right now. I have lots of time to decide though!

xfaxtorx121

1) Who do you think is making it to the Stanley Cup Finals?

I do like the sharks to win this year. It seems like such a random assortment of teams right now but I'd like to see Joe Thornton win this year. (CB: Me too, more than anything, so Joe doesn't retire with a label other than 'the best setup man in the history of the game'

2) Do you ever see yourself pursuing management in the SMJHL/SHL?

I might like to get into management someday but realistically am probably a ways off. Still a lot of things I'm trying to adjust to but maybe someday.

My questions were:

1) Does everyone else have difficulty finding things on this website?

2) Which team, in your opinion, has the best logo/colors?

Quote:Originally posted by pizzarony+May 16 2016, 08:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (pizzarony @ May 16 2016, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

1.) I used to. There's a pretty steep learning curve, but you'll get there. I'm not the most grizzled of vets, but I still have a hard time finding stuff occasionally.

2.) I like the LA Panthers. I'm not biased either, I just really enjoy the colors and look overall. That's one of the reasons I wanted Wasty to draft me there. Tongue[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-WannabeFinn@May 16 2016, 08:43 PM

Everyone has problems navigating the site to start, but it becomes much easier pretty quickly. Bookmarking important threads helps out a lot.

Best team logo and colors is definitely the Los Angeles Panthers&nbsp; Wink&nbsp; Panthers
[/quote]

Questions were:
1. What's your favorite team (any sport)? What about them appeals to you?
2. If the league were to expand, which cities do you hope get a team and why?

Bishop:
1. It's has to be NHL and I would say Dallas, just because of their offence, I love offence Smile I also like the scoring depth they have, it reminds me of what could be happening in LA with the Panthers in a few seasons.
2. Hmm, Chicago is a great hockey city, why do we have a team there? Call it the Chicago Storm or something!

Crutchfield:
1. NHL: Vancouver Canucks
I first started watching NHL in like 07-08 where the canucks weren't really great but not really bad either. I really really liked the sedins but hte player that stood out to me the most was Rick Rypien (ironic that i'm answering this on his birthday). He was the tits basically and was the reason I got into hockey and the Canucks and etc. Luongo was a huge reason too, I'll never forget his save on Ryan Smyth in round 1 of the playoffs in like 2010. Oh what could have been.
2. I really like this question :lol:
West: Phoenix. I really like hockey in the desert, and Phoenix is just a fucking sick city name (imo). I also go there a fair bit when I go on vacation. So it might be biased :lol:
East: Philadelphia. A great sports city that hasn't been represented in the SHL yet, so it would be interesting to see a team there. Same with Pittsburgh.

BBP:
1. Montreal Canadiens in hockey. Honestly I'm not much of a "team" guy anymore with any sport. I like to follow players or story lines more than teams. Montreal has a ton of history as an org which makes them appealing.
2. Quebec and/or Halifax. Quebec is a great hockey town and the Quebec Habs rivalry would be a lot of fun. I'm from Atlantic Canada so I'd love to see a team there.

TML99:
1. Favorite NHL Team is Toronto Maple Leafs, I'm from Toronto and have grown up watching them
2. I really hope t doesn't happen anytime soon but it would be cool to see Chicago & Vegas

mcculloughgulch

1. Where did you first get acquainted with hockey? What team/player got you sold?
OH FRIEND. Do I have a story for you. I started figure skating at age 6, because figure skating was AWESOME. At my rink, as at many rinks, figure skaters and hockey players fought for ice time (to the point where a bunch of us actually for a while MOVED TO ANOTHER RINK that didn't do hockey out of sheer flouncy anger. Then that rink was a shitshow so we came back). This culminated, at age ten or eleven, in a west side story brawl behind the rink where I beat up three hockey player boys one after the other while my skating crew played lookout.

(for the record, my favorite practice skating skirt was made of pleather, I am built like a linebacker and discovered my true sports love, rugby, in college--I was not cut out for figure skating from the start.)

So, cut to, like three months later, the peewee team is waiting for their moms to pick them up and I'm waiting for the ice to get cleared and St. Louis (i think) is beating Vancouver very badly and the boys are cheering for St. Louis. And it looked kind of interesting, so I started watching, and asking them questions, and cheering for Vancouver, because fuck those boys and everything they love.

And that's how I got into hockey. I've been cheering for (well, mostly swearing at) the Canucks ever since.

I became more than a casual hockey fan in college in 2009, because my alma mater was a DI hockey school and I still stan really hard for them. I started watching hockey more seriously and watching more than just games I could catch on TV when I was channel surfing then. At that point I began paying more attention to players and not just scores, like I had when I was a kid, and really started enjoying watching Malkin play, and from there, the Penguins.

(The first hockey game I ever watched on TV was the 1997 Brawl in Hockeytown where Patrick Roy fought Mike Vernon, and that's actually all I saw of it, I'm pretty sure. Goalie fights are great.)

2. How do you value the different points and stats in the sim? What, to you, makes someone in the SHL valuable as compared to real life NHL?
Well, since this is only my second season, I might not be the best person to answer this with authority, as I'm still getting a handle on it myself, but I think the durability stat we don't use right now is really one of the big differences between what's valuable in the sim and what's valuable in the NHL. I think a player's ability to stay healthy really makes a difference for a lot of NHL players and it's definitely also something that I think is really difficult to regulate in a sim setting, because so much of it is random and recovery time can vary so immensely. Being able to take that complication out of the sim definitely can make building a player a little bit easier and just less complicated, which is redundant I know.

As far as anything more complicated, I think I'm still too new to really have a good grasp on it, sigh.

Jepox

1. Do you play hockey in real life?
Yeah, I still do

2. What are the two attributes you think are most important for a successful player to have?
Probably a good mix of all stats.

Creature

1. Was hockey your first favorite sport or did it evolve into a love over time? Why did you switch interests?
Hockey has always been my favorite sport, in fact I was pretty much surrounded by it until I was like seven years old. That's when I started playing soccer, which I also really love. Before that everything was on the ice, which is great and all, but playing a quick game of soccer with friends is just so much nicer in the summer than trying to excite them to lace up some skates. In the end I'll always come back to hockey, I'm much better at it.

2. Which attributes do you value the most? Is there a rankings system that goes into how you update based on TPE available and attributes you value over others?
Endurance, Scoring and Strength have become the top 3 attributes for my first build, which helps to round out the stronger goal scoring winger I'm hoping to create. Defense is a close fourth on my list, since I'm striving for greater two-way play as well, but the offensive effectiveness is certainly more important to me this first time around.

Eggy

1. How did you get into hockey? Did you play? Just a fan?
I never really had the choice. When my father emigrated to North America (Canada, initially, though he immediately moved to the US) from India, it was one of the things he enjoyed most. I was born in Philadelphia, before moving to Winnipeg, and finally settling in Buffalo so we always had a hockey team nearby to watch (we were in Winnipeg around the time the Jets left, so that might not be 100% accurate but we usually had a team). Because it was the sport my dad enjoyed most, he started taking me to Sabres games when I was old enough to actually enjoy them, and I've been a fan ever since. It actually annoys me when people say the Sabres are too "kid-friendly" nowadays, because if it weren't for being "family friendly" when I was younger I might never have gotten into the sport.

2. What's your favorite thing about being a co-GM, and how did you move into the role?
I love working with the rookies. There's just something so fun both about scouting them and working with them to help them figure out the site and make sense of everything that's going on here as they try to integrate themselves into this really quite wild community on the SHL. It's an aspect of the league that people really tend to miss because people get so focused on their own team and their own league and kind of forget where they got their start, and I think it's the most fun part of the league.

I ended up moving into the co-GM role not long after Ballerstorm traded for me. I don't remember exactly how the subject came up, but it was really soon after I joined the team. He'd seen me around the site, and he saw what kind of presence I brought to the locker room, so he wanted me to work alongside him. It's been a great experience and I'm really happy that he gave me this chance. It's been nothing but fun for me.

I know the cap is 4, But Vancouvers LR is so awesome I'm just gonna post all the responses I got!

Nereus

1. Personal: Are you a morning person or night owl? what don't you like about the other?

I used to be a night owl before I had a job. I like the lifestyle. Not giving a fuck, going to bed super late. Waking up after 3ish hours of sleep and powering through it like a madman. But now? Probably a morning person. Don't ask me to go on a hike or some shit with you though, goddamn.

2. Site: What is your fondest memory in the SHL?

That's a tough one. I have a lot of fond memories from this website. It's not easy to pick one and to be honest it's sort of a cop out answer I know, but I'm going to have to say none of them. The collective memory of being a part of this community is what I love. Being a #Lion4Life, getting drafted 10th overall in the S25 SHL Draft, making the playoffs in a season where no one expected us to with my Winnipeg Jets and good friend Atlas. I could go on, but I won't. It's boring, but just know that I love this place. And you should too!

Hoovuh

1. Personal: Aliens are abducting all the hottest celebrities but you get to save just 1. Why is it Kate Upton?

Well I think I would allow them to abduct Kate Upton. I don't really care for her too much and think she is overrated. Have you seen those Clash of Clans commercials? Terrible. I would probably save Daisy Ridley cause she is adorable.

2. Site: What is the single best thing about being a GM in the SMJHL?

There are so many great things about being an SMJHL gm that it's hard to pick the best one. But if I had to say something, it would be that I have the opportunity to help add activity and interest in the league to new members of our community. To see them start off confused and unsure of when and where to talk, to becoming active and great members of this site is great to see.

Allen

1. Personal: If you were/are a hockey player, what NHL player would you/do you model your game after?

If I was a hockey players would probably model my game after NHL Player, Alexander Ovechkin. I'm a big guy in real life, 6'4" 210 pounds, and would probably model myself after the prototypical power forward/goal scorer. Ovechkin is strong on his skates, forechecks hard, and has a knack for putting the puck in the net. Definitely the type of player I would want to be.

2. Site: What are your thoughts on this years SMJHL draft class? was it as strong or weaker then most classes?

I was part of the deepest draft in SMJHL history, and I have GM'd for the Scarecrows for the previous few seasons. After my draft, and then seeing the classes as a GM this draft seemed to be larger than the past ones. There are a lot of strong prospects in this one, as there are in most, but I feel like there was still quality talent available in the later rounds. Maybe not the best draft class this site has seen, but it certainly has been better than some in recent memory.

Dangles13

1. Personal: What would be your ideal career path?

My ideal career path would be a director/manager of lean manufacturing. A person such as myself who values organization and has OCD is a good fit for that job. Nothing sexy but it's a job that matches my skill set very well and I enjoy doing it.

2. Site: If there was one team logo that you could change, which one would it be and why?

If I could change one team logo it would be my own team. The Hamilton Steelhawks logo is outdated and could use an update. A logo with sharper lines and more defined colours would be great.

Durden

1. Personal: What is your favorite and least favorite season (spring, summer, fall, winter) and why?

Favorite is fall. I live in Western New York and seeing the leaves change up here is amazing. Plus, it's the best weather. Jeans and a t-shirt or jeans and a flannel/hoodie is the best. Plus, the wife and I got married on Halloween, really adds into that. I hate winter. As much as I love hockey, I hate driving in the snow, and shoveling it. It's just a huge pain.

2. Site: How long have you know Hoovuh for? did you meet on the site or irl?

I've known Hoov for a year now on this site. We signed up a day apart, and I remember messaging him saying I felt that we were going to have a friendly rivalry on the site and it'd be awesome if we ended up on the same team at some point. Well, we got drafted to Vancouver together, and drafted to NEW together, and here we are GMing together. It's been awesome. Haven't met him in RL, but we're FB friends and chat quite frequently. He's one of the most genuine nice guys on the site, that isn't a major kiss-ass or white-knight. He's one of my favorites on the site.

ORIGINSZ

1. personal: If you play/played hockey in real life, would you be a goalie and why?

When i started i played goalie, but lost my flexibility. Could not play anymore as its a tough position.

2. Site: Have you played for other teams other than vancouver with previous players? if so, what was your favorite junior season?

Yes the Falcons, and the Cougars who are long gone. My first was my favorite learning the ropes, and meeting new people

MP7

1. Personal: where is the nicest (visually) place you have ever been? What made it so awesome? I have seen many beautiful places.

I have been to many beautiful places. But probably the most beautiful, the view from the mountain down to the valley when the sun rises.

2. Site: if there was 1 rule in the SHL you could change, which would it be and why?

I would raise the TPE restriction for SMJHL players , because I think the 350 is too little.

RaiN

1. Personal: What is one thing you want to do before you die?

Probably travel and explore the world and just continue to educate myself about things.

2. Site: what team in either the SHL or SMJHL had the most dominant roster in their respective league since you've been a member?

in the SMJHL, Montreal, Kelowna, Detroit and Vancouver from S21-S27
SHL - Hamilton, Texas, Winnipeg and now season wise Toronto.

WeWantTaro Interview

1. Is hockey your favorite sport and did you ever play it growing up?

Hockey is definitely my favorite sport. I never had the chance to play organized hockey as a kid but we used to flood our back yard and play all winter long. We also had an empty tennis court were we could play roller hockey which was awesome. I just recently got into playing proper league hockey and I absolutely love it

2. Are you satisfied with the career of your current player up to this point?

I have mixed feelings about my career thus far. I never really had a huge impact on the score sheets during my SMJHL career and have been working my way up on the depth charts in the SHL. I'm hoping with the new distribution and where I've been focusing my training it will mean some more production. Not sure I'll ever be a ppg player but getting over close to 40 points a season would be sweet.

jason97 Interview

1. What other things do you do for fun besides SHL?

In the Simulation World, I am in a few other sim hockey leagues that I enjoy and I've tried almost everything whether they have turned out or not (baseball, soccer, etc.). In the real world, I enjoy spending time doing physical activity such as going to the gym or playing soccer at the park with some buds. I also enjoy going on vacation and traveling to different countries.

2. What has life been like as a co-GM of the Mammoths?

I didn't really know what to expect but I got a warm welcome from everyone and I'm starting to enjoy it every day. I have always wanted to be in management and this gives me the opportunity to get my shot. I've never been a GM in a player simulation league but do have some experience in the field so I want to see where this leads me. Life has been good even though I haven't had the title for a long time but I expect to learn how everything works and see what the future holds!

ThatDamnWalrus Interview

1. Were you into sim leagues before you joined the SHL? If so, which ones?

No i was not, this was my first dive into sim leagues.

2. Did you ever think you would be where you are now in the SHL when you first joined?

My goal since i joined was to be an smjhl gm. There were times i didnt think i would make it to here, but this is where i hoped to be.

**Trying to get one more**

Jacob:

How did you find SHL?

Friend told me about it.

When did you start liking hockey?

When I found the SHL.

Austin6:

What was your first reaction to joining the SHL?

At first I was very confused as to what I was even doing, but thankfully I had some friends in this league to help me with getting started.

Growing up, what was your favorite hockey player?

I actually didn't follow hockey at all when I was younger despite my state's team being really successful during that time. I started following the Devils in 2012 and my favorite player has always been Martin Brodeur.

WeWantTaro:

What is your favorite hockey team and why?

I'm a huge Buffalo Sabres fan. I grew up in the WNY area and was always watching the games. I love supporting local sports teams and will always follow the Sabres. I'm also a fan of the Blue Jackets as my B team. I lived in Cbus for awhile and loved going to games, especially during their latest playoff run. Now that they're in the Eastern Conference it's kind of a conflict of interest

Do you think the Mammoths will win the 4 Star Cup in a few seasons?

I think the Mammoths have a good shot at winning again soon. They've built a strong core and probably won't lose to many players to call ups this season. They just landed a few good FA's that will certainly help them out. If they can continue to develop like they have the last few seasons they should be very competitive

ThatDamnWalrus:

Who is your pick to win the Stanley Cup?

West kendall platoon, no bias though Tongue

How would you want to die? Skate, Stick, Check etc?

Maybe a stick, swift knockout could be painless, idk. Doesnt sound fun though lol

That is four alumni/veterans for 4 capped TPE

Interview the First: Raven Silverwing (Raven)

1: Is a hot dog a sandwich? Please give evidence to support your argument.

"Hells yeah a hotdog is a sandwich.

Oke so, a sandwich is a thing that consists of bread with stuff in it. I pulled this little line from the wiki's:

'A sandwich is a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein two or more pieces of bread serve as a container or wrapper for some other food.'

While it states two or more pieces of bread a hot dog bun is clearly cut to represent two sandwiches. The sausage is classified as 'other food'. So simply put,

If you put a sausage in an openly sliced bun it's a sandwich."

2: How did you decide on your player's name when creating him?

"Well I've used the name 'Raven' as my online alias for several years now, I think it started back when I was about 11/12 and started to play habbo hotel and my edgy young self though to himself. Mmmh what's a cool name which I can use to pick up chicks on this game. And so the name 'darknessraven' came forth. If I remember correctly due to character limits I had to spell in 'DarknesRaven', which is slightly less edgy or maybe a litter more depending on how you look at it.

At one point I wanted to sign up for something and I didn't want to use my real name, so I typed in Raven as my first name, but I also needed a last name, that's where I came up with Silverwing."

Interview the Second: Xavier Laine (Jepox)

1: When I say your screen name in my head it sounds a little like Chickenpox. Have you ever had Chickenpox?

"Haha that's great! I never really thought of what it sounds like. Anyways, yeah I have. When I was a baby my mom thought I had them, but then I had what we though was chicken pox the day of my hockey windup when I was about 6. Sucks, but that's life."

2: Which statistic were you most proud of in your rookie season with the Militia?
"I honestly don't know. Probably hits, or +/-. Also, my rookie season was with the Impact, which was the Militia before they rebranded last season. Anyways, that was just some trivia, you don't need to add this part. (I did't need to add it, but I wanted to.)"

Interview the Third: Jasper Clayton (Eggy216)

1: Your username is Eggy216 but I'm dying to know, how do you like your eggs?
"While I seem to have issues making them (you can ask any of my Wolfpack teammates about my endless sagas of failing) I prefer my eggs hard boiled. Dunno why, I guess because you can make them and keep them for a while to keep on having them whenever you want whereas you can't really do that with your eggs made any other way."

2: If you could create your player all over again, what would be the thing you'd most like to change?
"Honestly at this point I feel like there's nothing I want to change that I haven't already changed. With the update scale change last season I had the chance to go back and switch from a pass-first OFD who did nothing but try to produce (and sadly not do that all too well) to a TWD whose primary goal was possession - blocking shots, breaking up passes, basically just making sure his team always had the puck. In a few seasons I'll probably wish I'd done something differently again, but right now I'm happy with where I'm at."

Interview the Fourth: Bennett Jones (rrireal)

1: In your opinion, what is the undisputed king of breakfast cereals? (choose wisely)
"There is no true undisputed king of breakfast cereals, because people with wrong opinions will always try to argue, but imho the best of the best is Nesquik, that shit is delicious."

2: Your player has a pretty neat name. How did you come up with it?
"I wish I had a better story for you here. The story of his nationality is more amusing and related to his name so I'll give you that: He got Bennett because it's the name I will name my real son if I ever have children, and Jones because it sounded good (and I love Martin Jones). Then I made him Finnish, because why not, but realized Bennett Jones is a WILDLY UN-FINNISH NAME so I searched for the prevelance of Jones as a surname in different countries and it turns out it's one of the most common surnames in Wales, so boom! Dual citizenship :D"

[Image: b3ZF9kT.png]
KEEGAN ANGELLO - CENTER - #91
Raptors Renegades

Interviewing KezKincaid:

1. What do you do for a career/job right now? (I have genuinely never asked you this for some reason)

K: I am a bartender. I get people drunk and they give me money for it!

2. What was your favourite part of GM'ing Kelowna back in the day?

K: S19 was such a crazy draft, and we had so many active players in the LR, that season was great fun and now a lot of those guys are still on the site and most are GMing somewhere. The worst part, since you asked, was losing to a horrid STL team in the finals.

--------

Interviewing Wikiplaysgames:

1. How old were you the first time you played hockey?

W: I've been playing hockey as long as I can remember; literally! My first memories are even on the ice! I've been living, breathing, eating and sleeping hockey, for my whole life. And obviously I've been watching just as long; My house was always very hockey oriented, and that certainly escalated when my parents and siblings found out that I was going to come here and play in the SHL.

2. How do you feel about your new role in Minnesota? Why do you think Edmonton never appreciated your true potential?

W
: I'm really enjoying my time in Minnesota right now; There's a much more relaxed atmosphere in here, plus a majority of the conversations amongst teammates aren't wrestling related. I feel as at home here as I did in Edmonton. As for their recognizing of my true potential... I think in due time they may see why it might've been a mistake to trade me away. If anything, I feel like they gave up way too much for me, and I think that'll come to fruition in the long run.

--------

Interviewing Jenny:

1. What got you into hockey?

J: I would like to be a good little Canadian and tell you it's in my blood, but the actual answer is gay fanfiction. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JP: Now I just want to say that that may be the most amazing answer to any question I've ever asked somebody

2. How have you felt about your time as a Kelowna Knight?

J: Awesome! I love being in juniors :3 We've had two okay seasons and really fun LR through it all, and I'm super excited to see what we can do this season \o/

--------

Interviewing Confusion:

1. How did you end up joining SHL?

C: McZ (Chris Mc-Zehrl) told me about it so i joined here

2. Thoughts on your draft position and your new team after the SHL draft?

C: i never tought that i were picked that high but the jets seems like to be a great choice for me it's almost like a cup garentee in the next years.

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

akamai

Q: What is your fondest hockey memory?

A: This past February I went to a Caps home game with <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>jjaybs</a> for my birthday. They won and it was AWESOME.

Q: Do you have a hockey player in mind that would be comparable to your SHL player?

A: Build-wise, I have Mikael as a lanky kind of guy, mostly lean muscle. Willy Nylander kind of guy. His anxiety issues and playing style are inspired by Crosby--very talented, but fragile!

ej27

Q: Do you follow any sports other than hockey? If so, what's your favorite team?

A: I don't follow any other sports, but I'm a lowkey baseball fan in the sense that I enjoy going to games. I'm an Astros fan, just because they're the home team.

Q: What is something you wish you known about the SHL when you were first starting out?

A: I wish I knew more about the player build before I started applying TPE. Redistributes are expensive, yo.

lil

Q: If any, who is your favorite athlete that isn't a hockey player?

A: I don't really follow any sports other than hockey, but I love the figure skater Gracie Gold. She's really talented and her instagram is pretty great, haha Smile

Q: If you were in charge of deciding two cities to expand the SHL to, which cities would you pick and what would you name them?

A: Omaha, because it's where I'm from and it would be hilarious to put hockey there. Some corn or tornado-themed name, because that's about all that's in Nebraska. And Wisconsin, because that's where I live now, and you have to go with the cheese pun.

Rich

Q: What's a place in the world you've always wanted to travel to?

A: I already got to do a lot of traveling in the military. I haven't had a chance to go anywhere in Asia though. So maybe Japan or China, those would probably be the 2 places I'd be most interested in seeing.

Q: What is the craziest experience you've been apart of or witnessed in the SHL?

A: I think the craziest thing I got to witness was anything involving Kovalev/Rezik. I didn't have any part in it, but it was still fantastic to watch.

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Byrdeman

Quote:1.WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE PERSON ON DIS SITE?
Birdman wawisdis

2.WHAT ARE YOUR BEST SHL MEMORIES?
Retiring

fourfour

Quote:
1. Why 44?

2. What is the best part of the Simulation Hockey League

1. I chose the name FourFour because when I created the account back in 2013, I always liked Jordin TooToo, and it just came to me one day, he was TooToo and number 22. SO i made FourFour and number 44.

2. I think the best part is the social aspect of the league. It helps people meet new people, and can help those who suffer from social anxiety speak to people through keys.

Austin6

Quote:
1.How is the New England Wolfpack Locker room?

The New England Wolfpack locker room is pretty great, but used to a be a lot better, especially the first season after I was drafted there it was a lot more active than the past season though it doesn't really help that I'm not all that active in the LR. For comparison the discussion thread for s28 has 89 pages while the one for s27 has 239 Also, too many ponies.

2. What area of your game  are you looking to improve on?

Being a 4th line scrub I pretty much need to work on everything but right now I think I need to improve my strength and skating.

Jacob
Quote:
What made you want to be a Goalie despite the entire league having a billion goalies?

What makes you log on everyday onto the SHL?

1. Well, I play a goalie position in almost every sport that a goalie in rl. So I thought why not give it a go in a sim league.

2. The fun that this place provide, really.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Jacob

1. What's your coolest sports moment in real life?

Personal: I was playing football (soccer) and on my first start in my league, I scored a bicycle kick in my debut.

Professional: This was more of an emotional moment, but it was when Chelsea FC (football/soccer club) won the 2012 Champions League final and my favourite player scored the equalising goal and winning penalty.

2. What do you like most and least about creating a goalie versus a skater in the SHL?

The most I like is the way I develop my goalie which Is different from other goalies, the thing I dislike the most about being a goalie is a get blamed for when we lose.

That Damn Walrus

1. Where are you from and what's something cool about your hometown?

And to answer one of your previous PM's....I don't broadcast anymore full time, but I do get to do some occasional color commentary and some interviews. I run the communications for the Adirondack Thunder in the ECHL. We're an affiliate of the Flames. It's pretty fun man, great to come to work everyday in the rink.

2. What's your favorite forum thread that's gone off the rails of all time on this site?

Im from Chicago, and one of the coolest things about it in my opinion is the architecture. Another cool thing is I go to school where Iman Shumpert, Ray Kroc (Mcdonalds founder) and Ernest Hemingway went. Also met Shumpert after a football practice.

One of my favorite threads was probably the one that Rezik got banned in. He was threatening me in the team LR and i shut him up there, and he started on the open forums with people. It was pretty funny everybody basically 1 by 1 ripping him apart. Some of the trades i made in my 1st and 2nd season as a GM were pretty fun also. I ripped off a couple teams and the reactions were always funny.

Jason97

1. Pellegrino sounds like a fine wine, do you get wine drunk or beer drunk?

Totally a wine guy. I do enjoy the occasional beer here and there, especially when I'm out partying with the boys after a game, but being from an Italian background, I gotta go with wine. Nothing better than a nice glass of rose wine for dinner with the family http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/tongue.png

2. What's your favorite moment of Steelhawks history, other than when they drafted Zach Dooley in S2?

Ever since I joined the team, the organization and management has been nothing but pure class and I really do enjoy my team with the team. I had never been on the team with Gooseneck so I have already viewed them as some sort of a rival but my favorite moment with the team was winning the cup a couple seasons back after getting knocked out of the SMJHL playoffs and getting the call to the majors. It was a great experience and I hope to raise the cup once again for the Steelhawks!

Byrde

1. What's your favorite Renes moment of all time?

Winning Cups back to back. Probably my favorite on site memory. Off-site memory totally the whole Summer of 2015. IQ and Reed.

2. Do you like birds in real life or no?
Well certain ones I guess? Blue Jays are cool. Cardinals. Oh wait thats MLB, no not a fan of birds. Parrots are cool though.