Create Account

Secondary Position Ruling/Announcement

OK here is the final edition of this after much deliberation and adjustment based of feedback from the SHL community.

Voting: Yes: Belgarat, prettyburn, Crutchfield, pandar, RED
Not voting: JP

1. Starting in S34, the secondary position is eliminated for all players.

2. All players will be listed in the Sim at their primary position, however, players are permitted to play out of position. For fantasy, as has always been the rule, players are to be drafted based on their primary position (which will now match their status in the roster/scoring pages of the sim).

3. Once per career, a player may decide to perform a build change, which may include switching between forward and defensive builds. The cost for this change will be 12 million dollars. The player will designate what position and build type they are changing to, as well as any necessary changes to strengths and weaknesses necessitated by the new build type

(e.g. Player A is a Power Forward who wishes to become a Defensive Defenseman. Power Forward has the following strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths: Checking, Strength, Attribute of Your Choice
Weakness: One of Passing/Scoring/Skating/Puck Handling

Defensive Defenseman has the following strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths: Defense, 1 of Checking/Strength. Attribute of Your Choice
Weakness: Scoring

Player A's position change purchase allows him to change his strengths to meet the requirements of the defensive defenseman build, such as the requirement that Scoring be a weakness. These changes follow the procedures already outlined for buying "strength and weakness changes")

4. You may purchase the Strength/Weakness change that previously existed OR the build change, but not both.

5. FOR PLAYERS DRAFTED IN THE SHL 33 DRAFT OR EARLIER: If you have already purchased a Strength/Weakness change, you may still purchase the Build change once for the career of your current player.

6. At the beginning of S34, players must declare in their updates whether they want to switch to their secondary (OR S33) position instead of their primary position.

-If the player wants something other than their initially declared primary or secondary positions, they have to pay the 12 mil to switch positions
-If the player switches to their initially declared secondary position OR to the position they played in S33, they must declare a build type, and meet the Strength and Weakness requirements of the new build accordingly, but this may be done for free.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Just as a note, some of the player build templates should have 'Secondary Position' removed

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Build change is stupid

I'd like to change from a goalie to a center.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by Wongy@Jan 31 2017, 11:48 AM
I'd like to change from a goalie to a center.
Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Muerto@Jan 31 2017, 10:46 AM
Just as a note, some of the player build templates should have 'Secondary Position' removed

Should be taken care of now

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Jan 31 2017, 05:59 PM

Should be taken care of now
Previously first gen players were able to get the weakness/Strength change for free. Will that also be the case for the position change?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Jan 31 2017, 12:01 PM
Previously first gen players were able to get the weakness/Strength change for free. Will that also be the case for the position change?
The rest of the HO can let me know if they disagree, but I'd say the free S/W change should still be allowed as it currently exists, separately from this. This new rule is in place for allowing players to adjust to a role their team wants them to play, the free S/W change is to fix a build that was created before realizing how important/unimportant certain attributes are which is why it's for first gen players only.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Once again yall just fail to mention that there will be a sim penalty for anyone playing out of position, and if it is in fact 30% like has been mentioned, you've effectively ended anyone playing out of position ever again, getting exactly what you proposed from the start, it just sounds better this way. Well done.

Fucking hate this.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

What was the reason for doing this?
Just so you can say you changed another thing?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

This sucks for teams who drafted in the past based on players being able to have secondary positions...

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by kit@Jan 31 2017, 12:21 PM
What was the reason for doing this?
Just so you can say you changed another thing?

There was an epidemic, apparently. 13 *gasp* people played out of position at some point last season. Also nevermind this rule has been in place for, i dont know, ever.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Jan 31 2017, 11:25 AM

There was an epidemic, apparently. 13 *gasp* people played out of position at some point last season. Also nevermind this rule has been in place for, i dont know, ever.
:o
Good thing HO realized this league isn't for fun and that we should remove more choice about ur player because you obviously know your career path when you create initially

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Jan 31 2017, 09:22 AM
This sucks for teams who drafted in the past based on players being able to have secondary positions...
Well I know it's going to hurt <a href='index.php?showuser=593' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>BigTittySmitty</a> as he was going to play in the SHL this year as a defenseman but I guess we'll just have to wait for him to grow a bit more and play him as a forward. Not the end of the world but that just kinda sucks :(

Smitty ain't no broke guy but 12m is 12m.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

[Image: Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada