Create Account

Preparing for playoffs thats what this box does. cool

<div align="center">A Look Back at The Sophomore Season of Vratislav Zbynek</div>
<div align="center">[Image: 600x400_Pastrnak_FenwayPark.jpg]</div>

At the start of the season, Vratislav Zbynek had some lofty goals. "At the start of the season I looked at last season and how much I feel I improved and I figured that 40 points were more than feasible. When I hit that mark it was pretty cool to know that I lived up to my own expectations. If you don't have faith in yourself, than it will be hard for others to believe in you." After a rookie season that saw him skate on the 2nd and 3rd line, it would eventually be a positive season with a step in the right direction for the young Mammoths team. "It stung when we were first eliminated, but we really felt that it brought us together as a team and that we could come back and challenge for the Four Star cup this season.

After a busy off season, Zbynek came back and took on a bigger role than even he may have expected, top line with 2 of the best forwards that the SMJHL had to offer. "It was an awesome year to play with Teddy (<a href='index.php?showuser=1253' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>Jala</a>) and Zinny (<a href='index.php?showuser=2436' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>galatix</a>). It helped me on the ice and off the ice a lot. Not only did they help with my positioning and senses, but I feel that they made me a better person off the ice in terms of helping the rookie when they needed a hand. I know what it was like when I was in their shoes, so if I had the chance to help them out and simplify things, I jumped at the opportunity."
S34 was another positive regular season for the Mammoths. They finished 3rd in the league and ended the season on a hot streak until dropping the last game to rival Kelowna. Zbynek's season individual wise was a huge step up from his rookie season by topping every major category in stats from last season with 17 goals and 25 assists for a total of 42 points, tied for 3rd on the team with fellow sophomore Finn Larsson. "I owe a lot of those points to Zinny for sure haha, it was pretty cool to be part of that season ya know? When your line mate gets to be that high on a records list it is pretty cool.

[Image: cut.jpeg]

Despite placing top 5 in points from the S33 SHL Draft Class and being the 8th overall pick in last years draft, some would say that Zbynek is still flying under the radar as a SHL prospect. "It definitely takes some of the pressure off of me so I like it. When people are always talking about the other guys, it allows me to just stick to playing hockey and worrying about that. My SHL GM(<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Bojo</a>) knows what he has in me for the future and my SMJHL GMs(<a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>jjaybs</a>) know what they have in me now so that's really all that matters to me right now. I have no desires to play for any other team than those two so I'll just stick to laying low"
After a solid regular season, the Mammoths will be looking to take their momentum and carry that into their 1st round matchup against the Prince George Firebirds who were able to keep the Whalers out of the playoffs and hold onto that last spot. "It'll be cool to play them for sure. This is really the last season that Marek will be with the team from what I understand. I remember watching him play in junior and how great he was in the playoffs so I really want to try and do that myself and build my own legacy.
Whatever happens this playoffs, Vratislav game has been improving at a constant rate. It is not a bold prediction to say that someday he will be a productive player at the next level, but for now, he is just a kid playing for a shot at junior glory.

674 words

Quote:My SHL GM(Bojo) knows what he has in me for the future

[Image: slowlyputtingringonfingerseductivelylord...197b0c.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaty@May 13 2017, 06:44 PM
[My SHL GM(<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Bojo</a>) knows what he has in me for the future
Actually? Hmm..

But you with the platoon will be great and we will be great teammates :D

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by XLeafer@May 13 2017, 08:44 PM

Actually? Hmm..

But you with the platoon will be great and we will be great teammates :D

Waffles > Pancakes. Right?

Quote:Originally posted by Beaty@May 13 2017, 07:52 PM

Waffles > Pancakes. Right?
Cheers yaaaaa

[Image: giphy.gif]

Love my liney <3