Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Second Round

THIS IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND-DOWNS ONLY!

We're well into the playoffs, and as always, there are a lot of interesting storylines in play. Let's talk! With so much to address, your participation in the following topics will earn you up to 4 TPE for this week's combined PT and WF Task!

- New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

- The third-seed Renegades are up against the conference champions in Calgary. Will they be able to surprise and knock the Dragons out, and if so, which member of the team will have to step up to the plate the most to make it happen?

- Out of the four goaltenders left standing, which one will have to put up the biggest individual performance for their team to make it to the Challenge Cup finals?

- Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?

For each comment of 40 words or more that is relevant to any of the subjects or in response to a fellow user's comment, you will receive 1 capped TPE for up to 4 capped TPE max!

The FIVE most active discussion leaders will receive an additional UNCAPPED TPE.

Discussion will close MONDAY, September 18th, at 7:00 p.m. EST.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

- New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

They have the talent. New England surprised many with their first round victory but New England is proving that they are tough every season, even when it appeared that they were just dumping players. The Wolfpack just adjusted there rooters and finish the season in a way that most franchises dream about.

[Image: source.gif]

- The third-seed Renegades are up against the conference champions in Calgary. Will they be able to surprise and knock the Dragons out, and if so, which member of the team will have to step up to the plate the most to make it happen?

If there is one player for the Renegades that can step up and take advantages of forces not available to all player and that player is Lord Vader. Vader has the power to tap into the dark side of himself and in doing so can do some serious damage to the Dragons. During season 36 Vader was able to rack up 46 points and 153 hits and was the Renegades most productive defenseman.

[Image: giphy.gif]

- Out of the four goaltenders left standing, which one will have to put up the biggest individual performance for their team to make it to the Challenge Cup finals?

Out of the goalies remain in the playoffs I believe Hunter Wong will have to put up the biggest individual performance get the Dragon into the finals. Being the goalie with the least tpe heading in to the second round of the playoffs means he is going to have to have a great performance for the dragon to progress to the SHL finals. Although Mr. Wong has proven that, he is up to the task just look at his start of the season.

[Image: YQ4ydJi.gif]

- Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?

The Jets! They resigned Big Manius. Now that they have locked up, what would have one of the most sought after free agents. The Jets can look to improve their rooster a few choice free agents signings, let the Jets season thirty-one boys improve and develope over the off-season and fill a retirement hole or too.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

I think New England can win the Challenge Cup

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Nah. The Eastern Conference is not the same powerhouse the Western Conference is. Texas OR Calgary could beat the Wolfpack in 6.

The only way you can beat Calgary is to run your players at 50%+ like they do. That top line is at 47% in Texas, need to bump it up in order to win.

Robert Andersson, obviously. Laukkanen has a top 4 that's solid, Texas has the best defense in the SHL to back up Pel, and Wong has the offensive dynamo of the Dragons top 6 to keep the puck away.

Seattle. Mercer Church will be better next season, Louie Garrett will be a significant improvement over Alex Reed on defense, and the top 9 forwards there are all staying, so there should be only a slight slow-down of production with some older players hitting regression harder. McFadden's solid in net and will have a top 6 that is competitive. The Riot should expect the Conference Finals next season.

It's gonna come down on Hocolate probably.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

I don't think it was any surprise. I'll give credit to Toronto for last season, but I'm more surprised that New England took 6 to beat them rather then beating them in general. I think they will destroy Minnesota and make it to the cup

I think the Renegades have the team that'll be able to knock off the Dragons. The Texas Renegades have a top heavy amount of forwards, but very good defense. I think in order for Texas to win, they will have to use that heavy defense to keep Calgary to a limited amount of goals as well as be included in the offense. Pel will also have to be on her game.

Definitely Robert Andersson of the Minnesota Wild. He had a VERY impressive showing against the Buffalo Stampede after surprisingly knocking them out. He has had a great season and will need to continue. New England could be the deepest team in the SHL, and Minnesota will need Robert Andersson to stand on his head. Minnesota's team is a bit weaker, so Andersson will have to be a big chunk of their success.

Definitely the Winnipeg Jets. Their team is amazing along with how young they are. They have some years to win it. Besides Big Manious, all of their team is S25. They also have prospects to replace in Karl Heifeweizen and Artom Zhumbayev. These guys can't get any better offensively with Visser, Evans, Bearrs, Pellegrino, ]and Fleming. All 1000+ TPE guys on offense with a lot of them proving they're the star players they are. Robertson and Manius quarterbacking them. Winnipeg has a VERY good team and their team is only getting better.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 15 2017, 07:36 PM

[b]- Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?

Seattle. Mercer Church will be better next season, Louie Garrett will be a significant improvement over Alex Reed on defense [/b]

[Image: 2WuVgBL.gif]

While I think they will have a good chance of making the finals, I think they will have a tough battle against whoever comes out of the West. All the playoff Western Conference teams had more points than the Wolfpack and would most likely be the favorites to win the cup.

While I think they have the ability to beat Calgary it will be no easy task. They will need Sven Karlsson to step up in the next round. Karlsson centers the second line and will need to lead his line to compete with the Dragons strong 2nd line. He needs to start putting up more points and improve his +/-.

Robert Andersson will no doubt have to put up the biggest individual performance if the Chiefs hope to make the finals. Minnesota live and die by their stars and their team isn’t as deep as the other 3 teams in the playoffs. However if Andersson stays hot, he will be able to make up for when the weaker Chief lines are on the ice.

I think the Seattle Riot have a good chance of moving further into the playoffs next year. They have a good young team and their stars should be good for a long time! Couple that with excellent goaltending from Michael McFadden and you have a winning formula that will be a real contender for the cup. Not to mention they also almost took out Calgary this year!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Quote:Originally posted by Clint Eastwood@Sep 15 2017, 07:48 PM

[Image: 2WuVgBL.gif]

He's moving to the blue line and we've been playing Reed out of position since we got him

New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

I mean they've been riding the momentum since the Trade Deadline. It'll either end on one of two things:

- The momentum carries on into the Conference Finals, and into the Challenge Cup Finals, solidifying their legacy as a dynasty in this generation of the league.

- The momentum soon dies off, and they fight a valiant effort against Minnesota, and lose in a nail biter.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Texas will win out and beat Calgary because history says Calgary won't make it. Plus Texas has a good team and a any suprise team makes the finals.

Since the trade deadline, this has been the team that everyone expected. I'd say with confidence that this wave of good play is no fluke and i would think that they have as good of chance as anyone still remaining to win a cup.

Robert Anderrsen is the guy... Its not as though Minni doesnt have the fire power to match the other 3, but they are the least playoff tested of the 4... and my guess is they would need there netminder to play lights out to have a chance.

I want to say seattle, but that teams made so many changes in a small amount of time that im not certain theyll come too a point where management say's 'were good with this team'.. So its hard to say weather this specific team will be the ones representing them moving forward.

So im going to say Winnipeg.. there stable, there talented and young enough to improvr there current ceiling.

Izzy -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

New England will probably make it to the cup final. Minnesota has a terrible record against them over the last ten seasons or so. The real question is whether or not they'll have to play Texas or Calgary when they get there.

I imagine Calgary will probably beat Texas, but that's only a "probably". Calgary doesn't have the depth they used to have. If Texas beats them, it'll be because Pel played great and because all four of Black, Lidstrom, Windsor and Vader showed up.

There's no doubt that Andersson would have to put up the biggest individual performance. It's not a question of how good the goaltenders are or anything; just the teams in front of them. The gap between Minnesota and New England is much larger than the gap between Calgary and Texas, so Andersson has the biggest work load ahead.

Of Winnipeg, Seattle, Buffalo and Toronto, I'd imagine Toronto would continue to have the best shot at the second round. But it's pretty close. Winnipeg is performing well, Buffalo has a truly competitive squad now, and Seattle is rather underestimated thanks to a few shit trades that c made.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I do think that the Wolfpack have the depth & talent to make it into the Challenge Cup finals. However, it might be a close one for them to win it all once more as I do think the Calgary Dragons have a better and deeper overall team all around.

I don’t think the Renegades will be able to take the Dragons down this season. Whilst Texas has quite possibly the better defense, the Dragons have a more solid offence and goaltending. Players on their 2nd & 3rd lines (and defensive pairings) will need to help contribute more to the team. I’m mostly looking at Rick James up front and Vladimir Lidstrom on the blueline.

Georgette Pel has put in the worst performance in the first round out of the 4 remaining goaltenders. There is no doubt that the Renegades will need a stronger performance out of her comparatively. But this is not entirely her fault, as the team as a whole needs to be better in front of her and get their GAA lower.

This is a tough one and I would say it’s a split decision between the Jets and the North Stars. Toronto is the reigning cup champs (until a team wins it) and will be mostly unchanged coming into the next season. They’re still young and growing overall so they’ll be right in the mix come the S37 playoffs. The Jets are a bit of a mystery. They seem to have solid regular seasons only to be figured out come playoffs. I do think that their young stars will help them push through and make it into the 2nd round as early as next season.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I think this series is going to be New England's to lose. They finished the season strong, and the way the dominated the Toronto North Stars at the start of the series showed that their performance in the latter portion of the season was anything but a fluke. While the Minnesota Chiefs should fare better than the North Stars did, I still think the Wolfpack should be able to take this series.

I don't think the Renegades are going to be able to top the Dragons in this series. Every season we find ourselves asking if this is the year the Renegades are finally going to make it over that hump, yet every season they fall short. The Dragons are going to dispose of the Renegades in what will likely be a close series, but I'd say we're due for a rematch of the finals from S33.

I think Andersson's going to be the one to watch here. Every season he stands on his head for the Chiefs and ends up falling short for one reason or another - oddly enough, the same can be said for his McBridge nominations. While it's anyone's guess why the top goaltending trophy has been snatched from his hands so many times throughout his career, what's not up for debate is his importance to the Chiefs - and how good he'll have to be to take this series from New England.

That has to be the Toronto North Stars. Buffalo just can't get over that hump, and with morale low and one of their top defenders heavily implying he won't be re-signing the team is going to be taking steps backwards before they move forward. The Jets are also a strong team, but the loss of Einstein is going to be severely hurting the team when it comes to next season. Then that leaves the Seattle Riot, who are just such a fringe team that it's hard to say whether they'll even be in the playoffs next year. With Toronto really only losing Crutchfield (to a player option) this offseason, they look to be able to bounce back next season and return to their form from S35

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia