Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Second Round

- New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?
- The Wolfpack are not only going to the Cup final, but they're going to win it. Crutch was holding them back and now that he's gone they can't be stopped.

- New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

While I think New England stands a solid chance beating out Minny, but if they make it to the finals I don't think they will top Calgary or Texas. Both teams seem to be pushing pretty hard, and I think the winner of that series will go on to win the cup.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

As long as Esa is feeding his team those chicken parms, I wou;dn't bet against them.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

I say yes even though the west has stronger teams, as NEW has 'sim magic' in the playoffs, they just have some unknown luck that makes them very competitive in the playoffs and don't forgot since the trade deadline they were one of the best teams...they know how to set their lines.

The Final will be again .... Calgary Dragons vs. New England Wolfpack

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Our conference is a crapshoot. Everyone beats everyone so its a sths lottery at this point. If new makes it to the finals we will lose. Part of bringing the green curse in who has played all but one season in the east and won his only cup in his one season in the west

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

New England will win the cup this season. Calling it right now

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Texas can definitely drop Calgary, but they need their third line to steal some games. That, and Pel needs to stand on her head again because of how crazy Randleman has been playing.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

I think they can. Looking at the other three teams remaining, I'd have to think Calgary would pose the biggest threat. But when you take into account that New England knocked off the defending champions pretty easily, and Calgary needed seven games to take out Seattle, I'm certainly considering the Wolfpack as the favorites to win it all now. And of course when you have a defenseman like Toivo Kosonen on your team, you've always got a shot.
Code:
78 words

- The third-seed Renegades are up against the conference champions in Calgary. Will they be able to surprise and knock the Dragons out, and if so, which member of the team will have to step up to the plate the most to make it happen?
I think round one showed the Dragons are maybe more beatable than most expected. The fourth seed Seattle Riot took them to seven games and even took game seven to overtime. That said, I still don't think Texas will be able to knock off the Dragons, but I think it'll be close, especially if Pel plays up to her potential in round two.
Code:
63 words

- Out of the four goaltenders left standing, which one will have to put up the biggest individual performance for their team to make it to the Challenge Cup finals?
Through the first four games of round one, and of the four goalies still remaining, Georgette Pel has the lowest save percentage and the highest goals against average. I think Texas needs her to step it up to win against Calgary. As I said above, round one showed Calgary is beatable. I think she's definitely capable of better play and I'm sure everyone in Texas is confident in her as well.
Code:
71 words

- Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?
Considering that three of the first round series went to game sevens, it honestly could be any of them. This year tends to make me think that Toronto is maybe going downhill a bit, so I won't say them (although they still have a talented roster). If I had to pick one, I'd choose Winnipeg. I think they have the strongest team of the four who were eliminated in round one.
Code:
70 words

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Sep 16 2017, 07:55 AM
- Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?
Considering that three of the first round series went to game sevens, it honestly could be any of them. This year tends to make me think that Toronto is maybe going downhill a bit, so I won't say them (although they still have a talented roster). I'd put my money on Texas if I had to choose one. They took out a very talented Jets team and whenever they get into the playoffs, they always seem to make some noise no matter what seed they finished in. They have some great talent like Durden, Owen, Allen, Pel, and potentially even adding someone like Chris Crutchfield in the offseason if his free agent rankings are true.
Code:
114 words

But they advanced... I think the choices are Stars Riot Jets Stampede

New England once again have turned up the heat with the playoffs and beaten Toronto once again and now have just one team in their way to punch another ticket to the finals. They looked to take a massive step back during the season after signing a huge FA in the off season, then traded their aging veterans to help them reach their goals of a chance at the cup, and then took the conference and Toronto out in the first round. I do believe that new England has returned to cup form and can win it again this season!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

New England stormed through the first round and dethroned the defending Cup champions. Will they be able to ride their momentum all the way to another Challenge Cup?

It's no secret that the playoffs have been a bit of a challenge for the Wolfpack in recent seasons despite constantly finishing the regular season atop the East. It's been a few seasons since they have even appeared in the finals and seem to drop to inferior teams quite reliably. And while they did make quick work of the North Stars, now they face a Chiefs team that is almost a polar opposite and has had New England's number all season. While I believe the Wolfpack's depth will carry them to the finals, I think their ability to win the cup depends on their opponent. If they face Calgary, I see them hoisting the Challenge Cup once again. However, if they are up against Texas, I think they will fall in the finals.

The third-seed Renegades are up against the conference champions in Calgary. Will they be able to surprise and knock the Dragons out, and if so, which member of the team will have to step up to the plate the most to make it happen?

I believe the Renegades are more than capable of defeating Calgary and I'd hardly call a win n the conference finals a surprise for Texas. They have a much more balanced team and will need to use that to their advantage. However, Texas will only win if they are able to shut down some of Calgary's high powered offensive talents and that will ultimately come down to the play of Georgette Pel. If Pel plays to her potential, they should overcome the challenge presented by the Dragons and take home the elusive Challenge Cup.

Out of the four goaltenders left standing, which one will have to put up the biggest individual performance for their team to make it to the Challenge Cup finals?

I think this, no question, has to be Robert Andersson. The Chiefs are a team that is heavily reliant on star power and Andersson is undoubtedly one of the team's best players and most important parts of the team. If he plays well and neutralizes the Wolpack's offensive attack, he paves the way for snipers Pretty Flacko and Nova to take over.

Out of the four teams eliminated so far, which is most likely to break through to the second round next season, and why?

I would say the Jets, easily. They are the only team that I see being better a season from now and very well could even steal a player or two from one of the other three teams on this list via free agency. I think Seattle definitely has the best chance after Winnipeg as they have a pretty decent squad that can compete with any team in the league. For Seattle, the challenge will be finding some consistency on the roster and ensuring their own players feel comfortable in an environment where seemingly anyone can be moved at any time. Next comes Toronto, a solid team but one that will likely lose a big player in Chris Crutchfield via free agency. They still have a talented roster but their window is closing quickly. Finally, we have Buffalo. Likely to lose at least one star, it seems probable that the Stampede will be a weaker team next season.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 16 2017, 09:27 AM

But they advanced... I think the choices are Stars Riot Jets Stampede
Oops. Yeah you're right.

Thanks Wink

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

- The third-seed Renegades are up against the conference champions in Calgary. Will they be able to surprise and knock the Dragons out, and if so, which member of the team will have to step up to the plate the most to make it happen?

I think they will. Most people are saying that Texas' 3rd line will need to produce which is shocking, and may be indicative that they did not take a good look at the Winnipeg series where the 3rd line contributed in almost every game once the ice time shift was done. The two teams also split their regular season series. Texas may be the "underdog" but they are in no way incapable of winning this series. This is more or less two even teams.

I really think it will be Winnipeg. The team is not aging much and the core team is there for a long time. The LR is super tight and with some young players coming up, the burden to play 27min+ a game will not be there in the future. This is what I think did it in for them this year, but in the future they will be much deeper and will in turn be able to push deeper into the playoffs.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Yes, they will be able to ride their way all the way there. Minnesota is strong, but New England has all the momentum and will bring it home. Their goaltender has been all world to close close out the season lately.

I would say no in a vacuum, but nothing surprises me these days. Windsor has the skill on the blue line to put the Dragons on the brink, and JKortesi81’s winger has a surprising amount of efficiency to put the Dragons into the Finals.

Buffalo would likely push the way through as they brought Minnesota to the brink. I can see them continuing to build in the right direction and getting the puck luck for next season. The management has the right plan in place and refuse to overpay for assets.

- Out of the four goaltenders left standing, which one will have to put up the biggest individual performance for their team to make it to the Challenge Cup finals?

Georgette Pel is the lowest “skill level” goaltender left standing in the playoffs, but it’s been widely reported that the TPE means nothing and that goaltending is often times just a roll of the dice. If I had to pick one of the four, Pel would be it.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother