Create Account

Pay the GM's

Quote:Originally posted by daBenchwarmer@Oct 10 2017, 09:18 AM
Pay them.

I mean I help manage the budget for the SFP and it's tedious enough to keep it up to date, and to micromanage all of the various contracts. I can't imagine how tedious it is for line management, keeping up to date on all of your rookies, making sure everyone on the team is happy, and trying to keep your team competitive, [b]all on top of
managing your own player, keeping them up to date and still having a life outside of the league with IRL commitments like school and/or work.

They deserve some sort of pay aside from a dope ass role.[/b]
Budget is tedious? Smile)

Being a GM really isn't that much work, but they should get paid.
Most of them if they're not cunts take minimum contract every year to help the team.
They should get less than updaters tho

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Oct 10 2017, 11:06 AM

Budget is tedious? Smile)

it's more tedious than ur mom was

got em

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

The most time consuming thing for me on this site is gming Vancouver. I could see paying GMs a bit for their troubles but not more than the brain numbing jobs on the site. I'd suggest 2-3m/season. I've also seen issues getting IIHF GMs, but the effort level required for IIHF is much lower, if we were to pay them id keep it low, like 1m/season.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Oct 10 2017, 10:06 AM

Being a GM really isn't that much work, but they should get paid.
Most of them if they're not cunts take minimum contract every year to help the team.
They should get less than updaters tho

Yeahthat

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Oct 10 2017, 11:15 AM
The most time consuming thing for me on this site is gming Vancouver. I could see paying GMs a bit for their troubles but not more than the brain numbing jobs on the site. I'd suggest 2-3m/season. I've also seen issues getting IIHF GMs, but the effort level required for IIHF is much lower, if we were to pay them id keep it low, like 1m/season.
this is gud. I saw numbers like 5m being tossed around and honestly thats a bit much. The most work is in the offseason and during the season you maybe change lines every couple sims and make a trade every couple weeks, it's not a ridiculous amount of work. 2-3 is good.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Class bout to start, if I remember and feel like it I'll talk more later. But for now.

No.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Oct 10 2017, 11:36 AM
Class bout to start, if I remember and feel like it I'll talk more later. But for now.

No.
very well said thank you ricebowl

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

GM is too sought after a position to give compensation, in my opinion.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

What does paying people in this league do? Prevents them from creating media, and allows them to take lower contracts, because they don't need the money.

As far as taking lower contracts go, that's already happening, so no change there.

Take the amount of work that a GM does throughout the year... How many words of media would that equate to, do you guys think? I'd say at least as much time as a 5,000 word article would take me. That would be a payday of $5,000,000 in a media grading post, wouldn't it? So it stands to reason pay should be commensurate with that time investment.

That's how the pay scale for ALL positions should be judged. They should probably all be revisited, and looked at in that way, honestly.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Even just 3m would be alright on the condition that they can't hold any other jobs

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Oct 10 2017, 06:34 AM
offseason is usually the most difficult tasks, with most time being spent preparing for the draft, having the draft, free agency, keeping a budget, and finalizing all the GM checklist. During the season it's a little easier because it's just lines and possible trades. But yeah offseason gets pretty brutal. I'd gladly open up my banker spot if I could get anything for this.
dab on them haters bojo

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Oct 10 2017, 08:24 AM
Even just 3m would be alright on the condition that they can't hold any other jobs
5m MINIMUM

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Oct 10 2017, 11:24 AM
pay would need to be higher for me to agree on that tbh...

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

No

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ConnorTanner@Oct 10 2017, 10:33 AM

Don't we want the best GM's possible in the roles?
We do,
but don't we also want as many people as possible to experience what it's like to be a GM?

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]