Create Account

Romualds Loks first appearance on Latvian TV

<b><div align="center">ROMUALDS LOKS FIRST APPEARANCE ON LATVIAN TV</div></b>

[Image: 2017-11-28_gorksh.jpg]

The now 19 year old Latvian left-wing Romualds Loks appeared for the first time on Latvian TV just a few days after losing in the SMJHL play-offs against Prince George Firebirds. The following is a text transcript from the show. He is one of the rising stars for the Latvian National team who has been struggling lately, therefore Latvian hockey fans are very excited to find out more about the Militia’s forward.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Tonight our first guest is a Latvian sportsperson who just recently started to gain some recognition in the scene - Romualds Loks!

Hey Romualds, how are you?

*smiling* Could be better. Really wanted to gain a trophy in my first season overseas, but I guess there’s always next season.

So you joined Montreal Impact after being drafted what? 35th?
Yeah, I didn’t expect much higher although I’m really hoping to get in the 20’s in the SHL draft.

Well with the way your season started I don’t think you’ll even make the top 50 *laughs*

Yeah, that, haha. It was pretty hard to be honest, I struggled in defence, struggled with the game pace, couldn’t fullfill the instructions from the coaching staff. It was a nightmare, really.

Well we have a nice montage for you to remind you of your very first games.

*a video starts* For Romualds Loks the SMJHL hasn’t been the dream start. An excellent goalscorer in Latvia he has been struggling to get any goals or even assists overseas. *a clip of him getting hit* He was struggling offensively, and also defensively. *a moment where he fails a hit and falls on the ground himself* It took more than 20 games for Loks to get his first point.

So.. the start was very bad, but you managed to rack up some points as the season neared the finish?

Yeah, I have to say a big thank-you to the co-GM who took some time to work with me personally. Keyg_an was a big factor in changing the way I play. We worked on my defence, talked about how to position myself when we defend. I was actually secretely training on off-days for one U18 team but I didn’t tell anybody about it.

You’re telling me you were practicing your hits on kids? *audience chuckles*

Well... I mean I was gentle? *audience laughs*

So the work with Keyg_an worked a treat didn’t it?

Yeah definitely. I felt happier with myself, I think I managed to get 4 points in very few games as opposed to the whole season where I needed 20-30 games to just get an assist. Obviously I was also happy with the team performance increasing.

Romualds Loks ended the regular season on a high getting 4 points (1+3) in just 10 games as opposed to 1 point in the previous 40. That sent positive vibes for the forward going into the inaugural season and against a very strong Kelowna Knights team

Kelowna Knights. First overseas play-off. What was it like?

I was shaking in my first few games. Really. The atmosphere is electric and that’s just the junior league. I have no idea what SHL is like.

You also had a good performance? Like indvidually, your team managed to win in 6 games, but you were happy with your indvidual performance, right?

I’ve got to be honest it was such an enjoyable week of play-off hockey. I loved it, our team bonded. Everyone was happy and so we had good results. I managed 4 points in the 6 games which is 0.6 points per game, much much more than my 0.1 in the regular season!

Montreal Militia showed an impressive display in the first round of play-offs beating a strong Kelowna Knights team in a 6 game series. Both games which Montreal lost were by one goal and one of the games was also a double-OT loss. Despite that, there was some basis for worries as the next team they had to face was Prince George Firebirds.

Some fans were very disappointed about the trade they pulled. What is your opinion on that?

I don’t want to stir any fights or arguements. I just know that if I was a fan I would hate such a trade. They traded their entire future for a hope to win a cup this season and what next? And what if they don’t win?

Well there’s someone who has an opinion on what the Prince George team might be like for the next seasons to come

[Image: 1fkNdNWuTPmsSbyjeGoV9w.png]
A clip of Ricegum saying ‘Irrevelant’ is played

*audience has a nice chuckle* But the trade worked for them.. At least against Montreal?

... You know it was very close. With the talent they had I don’t know. I also don’t know which team to support in the finals.

Prince George Firebirds won Militia in a 7 game series which was tight at points although their final game was a clean 3-0 win. A such talented core was expected to perform much more comfortably against a little bit more inexperienced Montreal team.

Well I’ll just add on, the games were very close but we got lucky multiple times. I think Connor Tanner, Jack Tanner and Cedric Moreau were such deciding factors in those games, without them we would have lost 4-0 without any doubt. I’m very glad to have played alongside those guys and Cedric is such a great guy and unbelievable that this is his first year here.

By the way, yeah, I forgot to ask how you’re feeling in the team?

The very bad start in which we lost 7 games and won just one, and then won 9 in a row bonded us very quickly. I think we have one of the best management squads in both leagues to be honest, although I might be wrong. I just know that I couldn’t ask more from my coaching staff, Keyg_an helped me a ton, for example.

And what’s it like in the locker room now?

Well we had a long talk on our way back from Prince George. It was like a 6 hour flight I think, and everyone of us had our say. I’m just sad that I won’t get to play with some of the guys ever again unless we get drafted on the same team, but I’m glad that I had the opportunity to meet everyone of them.
Koenig said a very nice speech after the game, I think he’s a future leader and a captain in the SHL. Really lovely, can’t wait to get back.

With the draft approaching, are you thinking you’ll get sent down?

I think so. I’m ready to spend a season or two in the juniors to get that much needed experience and win the Four Star cup. I think that the base we have in Montreal is more than enough to do that in the future.

And do you see any teams that you’d like to join?

I really love Canada and the weather here. Toronto seems like a great destination to go, they’re a very good team and recently made a great trade which will give them much more young talent. I’d love to be a part of such team.

Toronto traded one of the best SHL defenders Zander Rhys to Winnipeg Jets for 5 draft picks – a third round pick in S39, and a first and second round picks in both S40 and S41.

And what are your personal goals for the draft?

Join a good organisation. I don’t think I’ll go first round and I don’t think I need that first round pressure. I just want to join an organisation which is as great as Montreal and I’ll be a happy player.

Your far relative Intars Ogle managed to win both the Four Star Cup and the Challenge Cup, have you talked with him about it?

Yeah. He did both as a 3rd liner, I want to be.. umm.. if not a team leader then a goalscorer not a checking line player. Ogle was a very hard-working dedicated forward and I admire his career, but I think I have more in me. When we spoke he also told me that he sees more.

Would your team choice be affected by the chance of winning trophies in the future?

I really want to get my hands on that trophy at least once. For now it’s all about growth and getting the most of myself and the team I’ll join.

With the off-season having started a bit earlier than you would have liked, what are your plans until next season starts?

I won’t have much time to rest unfortunately. Latvia has been struggling with talent and it seems that I might have to play both the IIHF tournament and the Juniors. I’m thrilled to get the experience nonetheless.

Some pundits are suggesting that your relative Intars Ogle might be trying his hand in management with Team East in IIHF Juniors?

Sorry, I won’t be able to respond to that question.

Allright! Good luck in the IIHF and hopefully you get the team you want and much success in your career! Ladies and gentlemen, Romaulds Loks!

*crowd cheers as Romualds Loks leaves the stage*

Now our next guest, a Latvian TV personality...

Code:

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

Love the mention of Ogle & his 4 star cup!

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Jan 11 2018, 11:26 AM
Love the mention of Ogle & his 4 star cup!

Cheers

Really enjoyed playing with you as my GM back in the days raiders

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

Solid!
Keep up the good work