Create Account

S40 Championship Week

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

When I take a look at the S40 playoffs there is a lot of Praise for guys like Kruczewski, Garrett, and Forsberg. The one name that seems to fly under the Radar is Mike Izzy. Izzy was just short of a point per game these playoffs as he was able to put up 17 points in 19 games for the Dragons. When winning a Championship one of the big things you need is secondary scoring and Izzy really stepped up to the challenge. The other main ingredient for a deep playoff run or a chance at the title is a strong physical force on the ice. This is one area Izzy has always succeeded in and this playoff run was status quo for the Dragon's forward. Izzy registered a total of 50 hits in the 19 playoff games they played which put him 2nd on the team, only trailing Kaiser. The Dragons had a very good team this season and a big part of that was the depth a guy like Izzy provided.

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.

[Image: Xs8oHzX.png]

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. Avoopktsmmsia - Ostap Maksimov

2. Kdiogdaaser - Isak Odegard

3. Cujzirkeekows - Joe Kurczewski

4. Srkovoobhdfireo - Fedor Shirobokov

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

These Challenge cup finals was a barn burner per usual as it took seven games for the Dragons to finally take down the Chiefs. The two men between the pipes, Hocolate and O'Koivu, both had great playoff runs to get their team to the finals but one goalie had to come out on top. When you run down the numbers outside of the most glaring state being that Hocolate finished with 12 wins, and O'Koivu finished with 11. After the obvious win totals due to only one of them being able to win the Challenge Cup this season, we started to dive into there individual numbers, and this is where a true champion started to emerge. When you compare Hotcolate's .922% save percentage to O'Koivu's .909% and there save percentage numbers of 2.57 of Hotcolate to the 2.79 of O'Koivu. That is where you start to notice the difference between the two and really shows just how stellar of a playoff run Hotcolate had.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies? Brodie Witzel

2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups? Winnipeg Jets x2 and Los Angeles

3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6? Nathan D'Angelo and Tony Falone

4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for? The Jesster Award is awarded at the end of each season to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to the team by the GM(s) of Calgary

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Task 1:

Oliver: HELLO?…..uh..hello?…...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...hello?? Its…...uh…...haha….its me. Who is me? Well, its everyone’s favorite German! Oliver Konig! I’m uhhhhhhhhhh…...here to uh…..haha, I’m really gone right now. Im….uh……...here to….to...tooooooooooo call this game! Call it stupid. Get pranked idiots. I’m supposed to announce the lineups for...uhhhhh...for the game. But if im being honest with…….with you. I cant read..so…………...that that for what you….uhhhh

Eddie: Can someone get this idiot a coffee?

Oliver: EDDIE?!?!! IS THAT YOU?!?!

Eddie: Yeah its me. We’re here for game on of the Challenge cup finals where we were supposed to have Hamilton Steelhawks Centre, Oliver Konig, do color commentary for the first period of the game. Now, however I think we may be taken off the air.

Oliver: I’m gonna off your air if you know what I mean. Winkyface.

Eddie: Did you just say winkyface?

Oliver: *doing his best Eddie impersonation* Did you just say winky face?

Eddie: Anyways, here’s the puck drop.

Task 4:

Pm’ed

Task 7:

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

Task 8:

[Image: knights.png]

Task 9:

Pm'ed

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

[Image: ljt5MPB.png]

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Task Two: 183 Words

These playoffs have had no shortage of heroes, both big and small. It’s difficult to win a championship in a parity driven league off of your stars alone, and often the testament of a true champion lies in the strength of their depth. The unsung of the hero of the Challenge Cup run by the Calgary Dragons in my eyes has to be defenseman Roman Augustus. Though not the sexiest player on the Dragons roster, Augustus plays an invaluable role in the Dragons lineup as one of the team’s most used defensemen. Augustus ranks 2nd in average ice time per game on the Dragons behind only star defenseman Adam Kaiser with 24.02 minutes per game, and in turn is also tied for the most points in these playoffs with the aforementioned Kaiser with 11 points in 19 games played. Augustus also ties for the team lead in goals by a defenseman with his 3 goals in the post-season, tied only with Casey Creller on the team. Augustus may not join many MVP discussions, but his value to the champion Dragons cannot be understated.

Task Three:

[Image: x1Ve3Ga.png]

Task Four: PM'd

Task Six: 171 Words

Any championship run is hard to complete without a steel curtain in goal, as every true championship team requires a legitimate backbone for which they’re supported. Martin Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Mike Honcho, John McBride – every one of these goaltenders had what it took to put their teams over the edge and win not just one championship, but multiple championships to truly secure their legacy. In the S40 Challenge Cup Final, we’ll see two great goaltenders duel it out: Richard C. Hocolate of Calgary and Olli O’Koivu of Minnesota. The matchup between the Chiefs and Dragons on paper is very close, as both teams boast strong talent and depth throughout their lineup. However, throughout the course of the S40 Playoffs, it’s hard not to crown Richard C. Hocolate as the decided winner in the category of goaltending for the Dragons. You need not look farther than Goals Against Average and Save Percentage, as Hocolate boasts a 2.57 GAA and a .922 SV% as opposed to O’Koivu’s 2.79 GAA and .909 SV%.

Task Nine: PM'd

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK 4: SENT PM

TASK NINE: SENT PM

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

TASK ONE:

Slappy McDoodle: Welcome to game one of the SHL Finals and tonight a fellow broadcast partner of mine joins us. Please welcome Big Manius to the studio.

Big Manius: Slappy this does not look like our studio, Burp!

Slappy McDoodle: Well it’s not you idiot I got landed and playoff commentator job. Our studio is in your basement.

Big Manius: Oh yeah, Shit who did you blow to get this job.

Slappy McDoodle: Nobody I was hired for my fine commentary skills.

Big Manius: Sure you were. I will just take that as code that is was Eggie

Slappy McDoodle: You can take however you want. Now let us get to some questions. Who do you predict will win this game?

Big Manius: I do not care. I hope the rink implodes and the Jets and Steelhawks are forced to play for the challenge cup. Now I have a question for you where are the girls and drinks you promised me for this appearance?

Slappy McDoodle: Ha-ha very funny I would never resort to such tasteless tactic to get a guest.

Big Manius
: You do not need to resort to it. It is a go too.

Slappy McDoodle: Well, Manius must be going thank you for your time.

Big Manius: Wait, where are those drinks and girls? You promised.

Slappy McDoodle: The teams have taken the ice and we are about to begin game one.

Words ~235

TASK TWO:
My choice for most for the unsung hero of the SHL Season 40 playoff may seem like in odd one. Although considering this is for the unsung hero, it may not be a complete surprise and that player is the Minnesota Chief’s Fedor Shirobokov. Mr. Shirobokov led all players in the playoffs in plus/minus with a plus ten. Which meant the Chief’s did not lose the finals based off his play. In addition to leading the league in plus/minus, Fedor was also second in pims with 31 minutes granted he was not as dirty as Adam Kaiser but then again who can be? Mr. Shirobokov is also not scared to drop the gloves either. Fedor was tied in fights during the playoffs granted he was tied with at least ten other players. Mr. Shirobokov also had a fairly decent offence performance during the playoffs racking up seven points consisting of one goals and six assists. Based off those facts is why I am chosing Fedor Shirobokov as my unsung hero for the SHL season 40 playoffs.

Words ~176

TASK THREE:
[Image: esa_cover.jpg]
<a href='index.php?showuser=1045' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Steelhead77</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1546' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slappydoodle</a>

TASK FOUR: PMed

TASK NINE: PMed

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
Code:
You can call it a bit late to the party, hey? CW is about to close in a matter of 24 hours or something like that, and here I am, fashionably on time. So while I can not give you a true answer on what you were potentially looking for, I am going to tell you who the unsung hero was for the S40 playoffs. This year was a hell of a ride and it ended off the way it should have always been. What? Well, the Chiefs and Dragons battled it out in the finals and eventually we see the Dragons being named the champions of the season in an epic game 7 showdown.

At the end of the day, we have a few options but a couple you can also cross of the list. goaltending was okay in CGY, but it wasn't anything special. No unsung hero there. Forsberg was a scoring machine, acing 12 in total and having 4 of those goals being game winners. For the Chiefs, you have the similar story but nothing too exciting.

With that, and if you were to look yourself, I too think you would agree that Dani Forsberg will be walking away with his head held high as he was a huge reason the team succeeded as they did and easily is the unsung hero for the Dragons and of the SHL playoffs.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

DONE

Quote:TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

Code:
The easiest game to do in this current moment has to be Game 7 of the finals. What a way to end this baby, hey? Dragons. Chiefs. Game 7 showdown. Fuck me running. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, Game 7 didn't run out how they wanted it to and ended up losing by a score of 4-1. This was after a commanding Game 6 win to force things back to a game 7 mixup.

Easily in this 4-1 victory for the &nbsp;:dragons: , you can thank goaltending. 30 shots for the Chiefs, 34 for the Dragons. Safe to say one side played a hell of a game and sadly, &nbsp;:chiefs: &nbsp;did not (see, that's 2 logos). Though, for this you could call it shitty luck on the Chiefs net minder and poor playing on behalf of his teammates. 2 of the 4 goals on the night counted as power play tallies which see them pop in a total of 66.7% opportunities. On the flip side. the Chiefs capitalized on fuck all and went 0-4.

At the end of the day, CGY dominated in everything. Face-offs (50-41), Hits (22-15), Powerplay (2/3 VS 0/4) and most importantly... goals (4-1). CONGRATS DRAGONS

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]
DONE

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

"Hello everyone in hockeyland, this is Halfdan Thorstein here at Hockey Channel Network - faen! - I mean, Hockey Sports Network"

"Thanks for being with us, Halfdan - any chance you can stick with us the whole game?"

"My pleasure! I can't believe they gave the OK for me to do color com'tary - commandtary - herregud! - commentary during warmups."

"It's very neat indeed; for those just tuning in, we have Oslo native Halfdan Thorstein with a mic and GoPro joining us from his warmups before we get started. Tell us what you're doing now, Halfdan."

"Yeppers, right now we're working *brrrp* on our zone entries and papering - fy faen, peppering! O'Koivu with shorts to get his feet moving."

"Something tells me a few of those words wouldn't be ok to say in English on TV!"

"Yarp probably shouldn't be saying some of that stuff. Right now we're going to set up a break-out passing drill, to transitioning into - transition into a D to D pass and shot for Olli to get some shots through traffic."

"Halfdan, I've interviewed and spoken with you multiple times before and you have never seemed to mess up your English so much - is it nerves? tiredness? Actually, I've noticed you've just been sitting on the bench drinking from that water bottle - you're not even warming up! That is water in the bottle, right?"

"I uh, yes, it's only water. You know how I like to drink my Gatorade - er, water - before games..thanks for having me, Tom, I should get going."

My unsung hero right now has to go to Minnesota's Fedor Shirobokov. Most people don't expect to see super-star numbers from the young defenseman, and so far this post-season he has not shown super-star numbers like Strange or Lundberg, for example. However, if we take a deeper look into Shirobokov and what he's contributing, I think many players on the Chiefs roster would agree that he has been having a spectacular post-season. He's been elevated to playing first-pairing minutes and has done a great job allowing Garbanzo time and confidence to play a more offensive style of play - if Garbanzo steps, Shirobokov calmly has maintained fantastic situational awareness to break up any plays heading towards the Chiefs' zone. His +10 - leading the team! - shows how well he's been playing defensively. Not only that, but he's been throwing that big body around, with 56 hits, and he has been standing up for his teammates at any post-whistle scrum that's been popping up. He's leading the Chiefs with 31 PIM, showing how tough he plays his game.

TASK FOUR: PM SENT

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Olli O'Koivu and Richard C. Hocolate have both willed their team to a Finals appearance by putting up exceptional numbers and making game-winning saves through their journey to meet up in the finals. Who takes the cake, and ultimately leads his team to hoisting the Cup? As of right now, Richard C. Hocolate boasts a stellar 92.2% save percentage and 2.57 goals against average, compared to O'Koivu's slightly lower 90.9% save percentage and slightly higher 2.79 goals against average. Based on just those two numbers, Richard C. Hocolate may be the one to beat and the one to carry his team to lifting the Cup. But, hockey is a team game, and it will come down to which team comes pu ahead to help support their goalie. As of right now, Minnesota allows fewer shot attempts against, which is a great start - but it's a very insignificant difference of 623 shots against for Minnesota, and 627 shots against for Calgary. This type of series will likely come down to special teams - and in this regard, Richard C. Hocolate comes out strong and will likely carry his team to victory with an 81.82% penalty kill success rate versus Minnesota's appalling 72.06%.

TASK NINE: PM SENT

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.
(Paul Parker) Tonight, we present you the first game of the final !! And to assist us commenting that spectacular hockey, we got the Toronto Captain, Chris York with us !!
(Intern) He couldn’t come. But I found a substitute. It’s Bobby Watson !!
(Paul Parker) Bobby Who ??
(Intern) Watson, from Toronto …
(Bobby) Hi Mom, look at me, I’m on TV.
(Paul Parker) So Bobby, as an experienced hockey player, what do you think we should watch for tonight ?
(Bobby) Look for the player that are attacking…they are good. They scored points against us. But look at the defensive too, they are good too…
(Paul Parker) So, we should look … at everything.
(Bobby) YES !!! Look everything because someone somewhere will probably score a goal .. or 6 … I don’t know… But the crowd will go … Ouuuuu … Whaaaaaa. It will be cool Jim
(Paul Parker) My name is Paul ..
(Bobby) Ok Paul-Jim ! Back to you studios !!
(Paul Parker) We are live…. And we still have 2 minutes to do
(Bobby) Cool … cool cool cool. Let me tell you about the paralysed kid I met coming here.
(Paul Parker) Thank you Bobby !! Let’s come back after this commercial
(who let that drunk here ?? Gotta fire that intern)

In my opinion, one of the unsung hero we should talk about is Dick Skillstedt. He performed really well for a younger player (compared to the veterans in Minnesota) and he achieved quite a lot in this playoff. Being a balanced player, he was able to help efficiently wherever it was needed. During these playoffs, he got 3 goals and 7 assists with less play time than the legendary “singed heroes”. I think his efforts could be underappreciated with his negative +/- values but his job was to hold the fort against the best team of the S40 SHL.
He’s placed 4th in the hit department of the Chiefs, so he was there to get the puck back. I think that’s the kind of player we need to talk about because he’s helping in a positive way right now, helping his team to the final. And one day, I guess the Valkyries will sing some ballads about him and his awesome hockey.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM send

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

[Image: Toppings.png]

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?

PM send

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Sebastian Strange

Super Important Announcer Guy: And before the puck drop for tonight’s game one between the Minnesota Chiefs and the Calgary Dragons, let’s introduce our guest analyst for tonight’s game, a gentleman who has once hoisted the Challenge Cup himself, Winnipeg Jets forward Zach Evans. Zach, thank you for joining us tonight.

Evans: Thank you, and thank you for leaving out the most important part of my resume, your Season 38 Sarmad Khan Trophy winner. It is a pleasure to be here and tell you why both of these teams suck tonight.

SIAG: Well, that’s an interesting outlook, considering your Jets lost in the Western Conference Finals to the Dragons team we see tonight.

Evans: They’re fucking garbage. They got lucky. And the Chiefs are a bunch of dirty cheaters who can’t count to six and their goalie sucks at math, too. REST IN PEACE PORTLAND ADMIRALS, AM I RIGHT, FAM?

SIAG: Well, I think that’s enough from Mr. Evans, I’m sure he will enjoy the rest of tonight’s game from literally anywhere else. Let’s go down to the ice and talk to Oh my God where is Pierre McGuire here, I quit.

While he didn’t garner many headlines during the Calgary Dragons’ Season 40 Challenge Cup run, Michael Boychuk played a pivotal role in the title chase.

A 17-season veteran, Boychuk has played his entire career with the Dragons since joining the team in Season 24. As a result, he had been a part of three Challenge Cup triumphs. Boychuk also had an incredible run during the Season 38 Challenge Cup playoffs, where the Dragons lost to the Manhattan Rage in the finals, scoring 20 points.

This time around, Boychuk did not factor often into the Dragons’ offense. However, his role on the top defensive pairing was pivotal in Calgary’s success. The veteran defenseman blocked 28 shots and posted a +6 plus/minus rating. Boychuk’s responsible defensive play freed up partner Adam Kaiser to chip in with 11 points and 75 hits. The pairing made a dynamic duo, leading the way for the Dragons towards the championship.

Entering the Season 40 Challenge Cup Finals, the two starting netminders have interesting backstories. Richard C. Hocolate of Calgary will be making his second appearance as a starter in the finals after losing the S38 Finals to Manhattan, while Minnesota's Olli O'Koivu shoots for his second Challenge Cup in a row in his third finals appearance as a starter. During the regular season, O'Koivu held just a slight advantage over Hocolate in save percentage, .906 to .903. However, Hocolate benefitted playing behind one of the top defensive units in the league, as Calgary allowed just 28.62 shots per contest.

Hocolate has had a strong start to the playoffs, leading the Dragons back to the finals. However, O'Koivu has the experience of winning a Cup just one season ago. Can Hocolate continue his hot start to the postseason, or will O'Koivu make it two in a row for the boys in green? My vote would be the latter, but only time will tell.

Four and Nine sent

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

TASK ONE:
[Tom Houlder description] : Welcome everyone to the first game of the SMJHL finals. We are live in Kelowna, Canada to what should be an exciting series between the Knights and the Falcons. I'm joined today with a special guest, Ti-Guy Emond of the Colorado Mammoths.

[Ti-Guy barely able to speak as he's clearly drunk]. : Oui, connntennt d'etrrrreeee iciiii ettttt…

[Tom interupting him as he quickly realise the situation and trying to save the segment]: Haha Ti-Guy, pretending to be in french television. I was told you were a joker hahaha…

[Ti-Guy seeing Richard Physt stepping on the ice start to talk over Tom]: That son of a bitch Rickard Filthy asshole, I would kill him if he was in my face right now. Eliminating me of my dreams of winning the cup and…

Ti-Guy starts to cry and it goes on for a minute. Two security guards are stepping to remove his mic and get him out of the arena. You could still hear Ti-Guy crying in the whole process… so sad and cringy

TASK TWO:
My nomination goes for the starting goaltender of the Calgary Dragons Richard C. Hocolate. All off season long the attention was on their forward superstars of the like of Joe Kurczewski, Louis Garrett, Mike Izzy, Dani Forsberg and that they were finally able to acquire a number one d-man in Adam Kaiser. The spotlight was never on Hocolate and a lot of experts were even saying he is their only weak spot remaining and they couldn't win a cup with him. He might have proved them right posting pretty average regular season stats.

Hocolate is a veteran and as he's getting pretty old as his best years are behind him. But that also means he has tons of playoffs experience. The consensus was CGY wouldn't be able to go through WPG and win the west as they are just better at pretty much all positions. Against Texas in the first round, Richard only allowed 6 goals in 5 games including 1 shutout to help his team advance. They would now face Winnipeg in the 2nd round and like I said earlier they were the clear underdogs. It turns out they pulled the upset winning in 7 games after trailing 3-1. Richard playoffs save percentage so far is of .928%, putting him at the number one spot. Hocolate proved he still got it and made a clear statement he isn't the team’s achilles, in fact he's their backbone.

TASK FOUR:
Pm'd

TASK SIX:
I would look like an idiot if I didn't choose Richard C. Hocolate after praising him in a previous task. Alright, I know Olli O'Koivu has 558 more TPE and had better regular season stats. But as I learned since joining, TPE difference for goalies at some point doesn’t matter much and the playoffs are a whole different beast. In my opinion, winning the goalie battle means the goalie winning the cup, simple as that. Sure you could say when Jean-Sébastien Giguère won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 2003 despite not winning the cup he won the goalie battle over Martin Brodeur. You would be right and I have no arguments.

But I don't really see this series decided by goalies performance. I just see Calgary as the better team and winning the cup, explaining why I'm going with Richard. Their team defense is just superior, only allowing 141 goals in the regular season compared to Minessota 159. Also after 2 rounds, Richard C. Hocolate has just being the better goaltender. In 12 games, Hocolate allowed 29 goals, giving him a 2.42 GAA and a save percentage of 92.8. O'Koivu in 13 games allowed 34 goals, giving him a 2.62 GAA and a save percentage of 91.1.

TASK NINE:
Pm'd

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

TASK ONE:Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.
Jerry: Hey Michael O’ Dowd, how are you doing here today, ready for game 1?
O’ Dowd: Nope. Luckily I have a very amazing team around me. Look at Richard Physt he is a great teammate.
Jerry: But isn’t he one of the worst players on your team, you have put up some great numbers this year! How do you plan on improving that?
O’ Dowd: Look at his body. Jerry come on. Look at him, I wish I was on Detroit. I want 7 Games of that.
Jerry: Um ok. What do you think of Detroit? Did you prepare anything extra?
O’Dowd: Honestly I don’t care. All I care about is my last season with Richard Physt before he goes to Toronto. Im still getting over that. Do you care about me Jerry? Do you know how hard this is for me?
Jerry: Well thanks for the interview, good luck out there on the ice! Back to you guys back in Toronto!
Word count: 163

Honestly Jacob Dorty has been amazing this year. With 8 goals and 8 assists that add up to 16 points in 10 games, Jacob Dorty has been the most valuable part of our star studded offense and everyone is talking about guys like Mack, who don’t get me wrong is amazing, but isn’t as amazing as Dorty. He is carrying a team leading +/- of 4 while also keeping out of the penalty box. In the playoffs he had 2 Penalty minutes which gave him more scoring chances and not giving up many either. The fact that nobody is talking about this man religiously is a crime. He is the best player all playoffs and he trash talked Detroit so hard they decided not to play hockey anymore and went home crying in a 4-0 sweep. Come on, Colorado was more of a challenge for this guy. In all seriousness, my hero is Jacob Dorty.
Word count 155

TASK FOUR: pmd

I feel bad for Primeau. Blackfyre had it easy all season. Detroit’s sub part defense really did nothing to help him out. He face 1187 shots in the regular season while Blackfyre faced 1000. The sheer amount of shots per game he had to deal with were insane. Not to mention Primeau had a better SAVE PERCENTAGE In the regular season. Blackfyre had .894 and Primeau had .901 save percentage. Not to mention the quality of shots were pretty low against Blackfyre because their defense covered a majority of the shooting lanes and the game was mostly over half the time. I feel that Blackfyre will win the cup because his team is so much better, but Primeau will be the better goalie but get left out to dry. Just seeing how these teams played in the regular season will give me that indication. Good luck to Primeau, he does have a good future in the SHL!
Word count: 157

TASK NINE: pmd

[Image: sour_chin_music.gif]

[Image: HoJ50Az.png][Image: bbtqOQr.png]
Gif sig by Gillon
Other sig by ml

Task One

"Welcome everybody to Game One of the SHL Finals between the Minnesota Chiefs and the Calgary Dragons. I'm Kenny Albert and I'm joined here tonight by St Louis Scarecrows defenseman and Dragon prospect Otis B. Driftwood "

Otis: " Hey there Kenny my boy. How the hell are ya?"

Albert: " Uh good Otis, I'm good. So what do you think we can expect tonight from these two squads?"

Otis: " Oh, I imagine they're probably gonna play hockey KenKen. Hey did I ever tell you about that Icelandic prostitute with the one leg that used to live above me at my old place. This chick, well she would take her prosthetic leg off and let you rub your"

Albert: " Yes, what a kidder you are Otis. But maybe we shou"

Otis: " Naw man, I'm not kidding. I'm telling you this girl was a freak. She could only get off if you stuck your shlong right into"

Albert: "So sorry to cut you short there Otis, but we ave going to throw it over to special reporter Slappy McDoodle downstairs"

Otis: "Slappy McDoodle! Oh wow man, that dude is a legend. I heard he'd let those LaFlamme girls stick their hands straight up his"

Albert: " Down to you Slappy"

Task Two

My unsung hero of the playoffs would definitely have to be Esa Anrikkanen's personal physician, Dr. Ira Feelgood. Doctor Feelgood is an anesthesiologist well known for his liberal use of the prescription pad. There isn't an ailment in existence that the good doctor can't set right with a regimen of pills and ointments. Since the start of this year's playoffs, Dr. Feelgood has already dished out over 500 Demerol and an additional 100 Percocets to the Dragons. This is, of course, in addition to the special parms that the good doctor and Esa have been perfecting together over the last decade and a half. Dr. Feelgood also is known to carry around a bottle of MacDouche scotch with him most places he goes for "medicinal" purposes. Little to no credit has been give to a man, without whom, the Dragons players can barely get out of bed in the morning. Dr. Feelgood has always kept a low profile though, especially when various debt collectors, ex-wives and A.M.A investigators come snooping around.

Task Four

Pm sent

Task Six

Both goaltenders in this final have done an outstanding job. For my money though, you just can't beat a Dick, especially a C.Hocolate one. Dick, or as I call him, One Eye Willie has stayed erect throughout the playoffs, He has powered his way through every boundary he has come across in order to achieve his goal of total playoff penetration. Never before has any one Dick got so deep into an opponent's head. It's fair to say the main thing on the Chiefs minds these days is that big C.Hocolate Dick. Everywhere they go all they think of is Dick, Dick, Dick. He's a pretty loud and outspoken guy too, especially when he has to carry his own equipment. In fact, given Dick's propensity to spout off and drop his load just about anywhere, Dragons players have started to wear protective gear such as earplugs and occasionally raincoats into the locker room. It's not at all a stretch to say that Dick has dropped his load at the feet of almost every Dragon player in the hopes that's one of them might carry it for him. I guess you could say he's been rubbing some people the wrong way.

Task Nine

Pm sent

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1: “I’m Conor McGregor, and I know that there is an SHL Finals going on right now that I’m supposed to offer some commentary for, but fuck it, I’m drunk as hell and say whatever the hell I want anyways. Fuck both the Chiefs and the Dragons, no one cares about seeing these two teams in the finals again. People want action and style, and only I can give it to them. You just wait until I get called up to the Buffalo Stampede, because we’re going to fuck shit up like Mexican-boxing style. In fact, I can be late to all the games because I just don’t give a fuck and we will still kick everyone’s asses. So yeah, that’s my damn thoughts on the series and to anyone who disagrees with what I have to say, you can suck on these big Irish balls. No one fucks with the double champ, and go Stampede, bitches. *insert McGregor laugh*” Also, McGregor is then kicked off commentary and thrown out of the arena like a fucking gangster.
Code:
176 words

2: My unsung hero for the S40 SHL Playoffs has to go to Dani Forsberg. His name isn’t the first that is typically mentioned when discussing the great Dragons players, and that’s likely due to the sheer depth and greatness of the overall roster that Esa built. However, when you look at Forsberg’s stats through the duration of the playoffs, it becomes quite evident that he is one of the most central, if not the central reason why they found success in the playoffs. First and foremost, hockey is a game of scoring goals and needing more than your opponent to win games. Forsberg led the entire team in goals with a whopping 12 in the playoffs, making him the premier goal scorer on one of the best teams in the entire league. Moreover, Forsberg led the Dragons in the plus-minus statistic, with an impressive +8 through the duration of the playoffs. This made him a great two way players for the Dragons as well. This combined with his goal scoring prowess makes him a deadly weapon for the Dragons, and it’s surprising why he isn’t mentioned more often as being one of the Dragons’ active greats.
Code:
196 words

4: PM'd

6:
In terms of the goalie matchup for the S40 SHL Finals, it cannot be argued that Richard C. Hocolate has been the most impressive with his performance through the playoffs thus far. Hocolate leads all goaltenders in the playoffs in save percentage, with an impressive percentage of 0.922%. Moreover, Hocolate also leads all goalies in the playoffs in goals against average, with just an impressive stat of 2.57 goals allowed per a game. What makes this all the more impressive is that Hocolate did this while facing the most shots from all the goaltenders in the playoffs, as he faced a total of 627 shots against him. Aside from the above stats, I’m sticking with Calgary for another reason that is what is what occurred in the regular season. The Dragons have a superior r team defense as they only allowed141 goals in the regular season, while the Chiefs allowed a bit more with 159 goals allowed. This is why I favor Calgary in the series in general.
Code:
168 words

9: PM'd

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

"Today, we are joined in the box by none other than Seattle prospect and Colorado Mammoths' defenseman Blaine McElroy. How are you today Blaine?"

"I'm like really excited to be here. This championship series is going to be ammmaaaazing. The flames and the wild are such good teams!"

"Uh...I hate to burst your bubble Blaine, but that's the wrong league. This is the SHL championship series between the Calgary Dragons and the Minnesota Chiefs."

"Oh, uhhhh, right. I totally knew that. Oh good, the puck is about to drop. The referee'e glides into the circle...and the game is live. The player on the one team has the puck. He's heading towards the blue line....and he gets crushed by that other guy! That has got to hurt! Now the other guys have the puck and are streaking to the other end. That's some sick passing, and they shoot. That goalie makes a great save. Good job goalie, you da man. Oooh, now ther......."

"Our apologies folks, Blaine isn't feeling well and won't be able to continue with the play by play."

The unsung hero of the playoffs was Minnesota Chiefs Fedor Shirobokov. This defenseman had a very quiet but very solid playoffs. Fedor only put up 7 points, 1 goals and 6 assists, but was also a team leading plus 10. Fedor is not the type of player who will grab the spotlight, but he was definitely a valuable asset none the less. Ultimately his team may have lost the championship, but he can definitely hold his head up high based on his performance. Fedor also had 1 fight during the playoffs, but that fight came at a pivotal moment that helped change the flow of the game in his team’s favor. Shirobokov also led his team in hits. When he was on the ice, the opposing forwards were definitely on notice. All in all, Shirobokov contributed where his team needed him most. He played an extremely physical, gritty style throughout the playoffs, but also managed to contribute on the scoreboard.

PM'd

Both teams in the finals have outstanding goalies. It really is going to be an outstanding battle of wills to see who will come out on top. Ultimately though, I'm going to give the edge to Richard C. Hocolate of Calgary over Olli O'Koivu of Minnesota. Hocolate, whose name is remarkably close to chocolate, has a sweet and smooth play style. So far in the playoffs he's averaged a .922 save percentage. He also has a 2.57 goals against average. This compares to O'Koivu, who's name doesn't sound anything like chocolate, with a save percentage of .909 and a goals against average of 2.79. Unfortunately both teams average around the same amount of shots for per game, 32.70 for Minnesota and 31.37 for Calgary. This means that despite the slight advantage for the Chiefs, it doesn’t overcome the outstanding play of Hocolate. The edge in this series still belongs to Calgary. It’s their series to lose.

PM'd