Create Account

The great NEW/SEA shitshow saga of S41

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@May 7 2018, 09:19 PM
It still feels insane to me that teams are just given their GMs player.

Its like "hey, here's a free stud player", because i'm pretty sure every GM is going to be the best they can be.

It should be more like the NSFL where you're required to get your GM's player with a first rounder.

Free players shouldn't happen.
Wat

[Image: hallsy.png]

What a fucking dumb move

Tomorrow: eggy commits financial seppuku and fines himself for this for some reason

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Definitely a bullshit rule but I also have little sympathy for Seattle since they passed on him twice knowing he wasn't autodrafted and trying to get too cute.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@May 7 2018, 11:19 PM

Its like "hey, here's a free stud player", because i'm pretty sure every GM is going to be the best they can be.

It should be more like the NSFL where you're required to get your GM's player with a first rounder.

its a fair point..if your a GM..odds are you own a kick ass player...someone thats worth way more then a 2nd.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

What's Doug Dimmadome got to say about this?!

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@May 8 2018, 05:19 AM

I don't disagree.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Cynthia@May 7 2018, 10:18 PM

that's what I was thinking in that next draft someone could take him again because of the stupid wording of the SHL rulebook
Honestly, you can only hope.

Edit: Unless it's enough for him to quit the league, then it's just awful at that point.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Cynthia@May 7 2018, 10:18 PM

This has happened before. Other teams have called bluffs on players and they didn't bluff either, and yet the team doing it was rewarded. And honestly? I expect him to trade up to make sure he can draft him. This has happened before too where someone had to be drafted in the first to ensure they wouldn't get picked by another team thus being ransomed.

Also, the specific situation this became with Samee retiring before he became a co, and the three year auto draft is retarded yeah.
Classic example is S20, Nike was forced to trade for the 1st overall pick to get himself and become GM of Manhattan. Otherwise, Manhattan was going to apps I believe. As such, he made two trades I think to then get himself first overall and name himself general manager. It was a shitty situation for him, especially as he was named GM like days before and had to scramble to make a deal that would work for him.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@May 7 2018, 07:19 PM

Yeahthat

I remembering hiring <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>Winter is Coming</a> just to get his draftee later Ninja

but also because he's bae <3

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@May 7 2018, 10:19 PM

tfw u realize free agents can become general managers

for

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@May 7 2018, 07:23 PM

tfw u realize free agents can become general managers

for

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
has that ever happened before Blink

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@May 7 2018, 10:21 PM

I don't disagree.

Ultimately that's probably the right call, but then why should one team use a first overall vs another using 14th OA. What if one draft sucks and another is a Reddit. The value of a first really varies.

Maybe an option to burn a future first if you don't want to use this one or something. Idk.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Cynthia@May 7 2018, 08:18 PM

and the three year auto draft is retarded yeah.

The rule prevents teams from just naming someone coGM every time someone wants to retire

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by Cynthia@May 7 2018, 10:23 PM

Yeahthat

I remembering hiring <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>Winter is Coming</a> just to get his draftee later Ninja

but also because he's bae <3
:wub:

You didn't get my player, BUTTTTT we did get to break the curse together as a tandem. B)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page