Create Account

PT 1 - Draft Day

As draft crept closer and closer, Maui’s nerves began to get worse and worse. For a demigod, hero to men, nerves were not something Maui was used to. He was accustomed to being admired by all for lassoing the sun and pulling islands out of the sea, however, the SMJHL draft brought on new, strange feelings for Maui. As a newcomer to the sport of hockey, taught to him by his Latvian grandfather, Maui is still learning the ropes. Thus, he continues to be judge and critiqued more than simply being admired.

Expecting to be a later pick in the draft, Maui didn’t even bother tuning in, instead opting to spend his day flying around the Hawaiian isles. However, much to his surprise Maui was drafted 11th overall to the Colorado Mammoths. Colorado hadn’t reach out to the player leading up to the draft, so the news of the pick caught Maui by surprise; he had this to say:

“Mammoths are pretty cool I guess; I mean I could probably take one in a fight. But, yeah, Colorado sounds like a sweet place to learn the game of hockey, maybe take up snowboarding too. I honestly was hoping to get drafted by the Whalers because of love the water and whales are pretty cool you know. But the guys in Colorado have been really welcoming and open to helping me learn so I’m excited to get started.”

Nevertheless, as the dust settled to complete the whirlwind of the S41 SMJHL draft, Maui could relax and begin to prepare for the season ahead in Colorado.

Word Count: 264

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

Roly Rollerson was excited to be part of the S41 SMJHL draft: he knew that he would be a later pick and numerous scouting reports had put him in the latter half of the draft. So he was pleasantly surprised when his name was called by the Halifax Raiders at 22nd overall in the third round. It seemed like a good pick and a great team to Rollerson, who is just happy to have a place to call home: especially a city as fantastic and fanatical about hockey as Halifax. He looks forward to bringing his dominant two-way defensive game to the Raiders defensive corps and has a leg up in getting to know some team mates in the locker room that he knows from past sporting endeavours. Prior to the draft, there was no single team that Rollerson had his eyes on - he didn't have a particular SMJHL franchise that he was set on joining. The Raiders seem like a great group and a perfect destination for his skills. He looks forward to helping forward the franchise after their first round exit in last season's playoffs and keep the team competitive moving forward. He has no particular goals for the season, but is excited to start playing hockey.

209 words

Draft day for Buck Maverick wasn't very exciting. Although a lot of the so-called "experts" didn't think that Maverick was good enough to be drafted in the early picks of round one, Maverick had already heard from his future team that they made moves to secure him in the draft. The GMs of the Whalers traded up to #2 overall in order to make sure they could draft the best defenseman in the SMJHL draft this season, and they scored a winner with Buck Maverick. Now some people think that scrub Grapehead who went at 1st overall was the best prospect in the draft, but they don't know what they're talking about and are underestimating the new guy.

Or, maybe the Whalers did fuck it up after all. Maverick has been pretty quiet around these parts. He doesn't talk much in the locker room. He hasn't missed anything so far but he sure has been cutting it kind of close. And there are questions about his work ethic. Some people familiar with the timeconsumer agency are wondering if this is really the same caliber player that they have come to expect. But all that aside, back to draft day. So there was Buck sitting on the couch drinking some beers, he gets the call, "Welcome to the Whalers". "Cool stuff bro." was his reply. He flips off the TV and heads back into the bedroom where Joe Kurczewski's sister is waiting for him.

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

[Image: ZlL2dZL.png]

Pingu's new jersey made just for him

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Quote:Originally posted by Pingy Pingu@May 15 2018, 09:00 AM
[Image: ZlL2dZL.png]

Pingu's new jersey made just for him

That's Glorious.

The up-and-coming   ANTONIO HALL
[Image: ul8eHwY.jpg]

Previously known as:

C Vlastimil Volf 12th Overall pick by the Montreal Militia

[Image: lelele.png]

Mason Brown with the scare of being inactive in the near future fell all the way to the 34th pick. Which is in the 5th round. I remember the night before Mason brown could not get any sleep and that morning when he ate his morning meal he puked up his eggs, hash browns, and bacon. That evening while watching the draft Mason kept getting sadder and sadder that the Fire-Birds didn't draft him. It was in the 3 round when Mason sitting with his family when he fell asleep and a woke in the 5th round when his brother punched him saying "the Fleshy condoms brafted you" That is when Mason decided he he nw has a chip on his shoulder and is going to be the SMJHL MVP and is going to be the best player ever and is going to become the 1st overall pick as a inactive. Mason got on a plane 30 minutes to go meat with the Mammoths General Managers and when he was on the plane he got news that they had become the Raptors. Is is Ironic because his high school team was the raptors. Mason went from loving the FIrebirds to hating there guts because they did not draft him.

[Image: fJpQZxFh.jpg]

I was sitting at Ikea when I got the message. I had finally been drafted. But last place? I clearly had time to finish my meatballs and lingonberry parfait. Anyway, if the SMJHL was in no rush to have me, I was in no rush to get there. Have you had the lingonberry parfait? It’s glorious. I recommend it. There’s just something special about the way Ikea gets the lingonberry parfait to be light and fluffy, while also being filling. It’s a tough balance to achieve. Not as tough as I am, but still pretty tough.There’s that extra dollop of lingonberry jam that they slap on top of it as well. It’s that extra kick in the pants to your taste buds. The same way that I’m going to help bring the Halifax Raiders the extra kick in their pants they need to dominate the league this year. The whipped cream on top of the lingonberry parfait, I can take it or leave it. Just like I’m going to leave it all on the ice game after game for the Halifax Raiders this year. You can even make your own parfait on the road with a 400g jar of lingonberry jam for only $3.99 at your local Ikea. But when I’m not on the road you can sure as hell find me crushing my enemies for the Halifax Raiders!

Johannes Bauer was practicing his english all day before the draft. He was always worried his language difficulties would be a barrier when he moved to North America. although he knew it wasn't gonna help him get drafted, he found comfort in working with his english teacher. Because he was still in Austria the draft didn't start for him till 1AM he tried to stay up but around 1230 he dozed off. at 120 he woke back up to see his name still not picked midway through the second round. He wasn't particulary surprised but he didn't want to fall back asleep before his pick so he texted his good buddy Nico Wallner who was in the same position waiting to hear his name called. Before he even got a reply however Bauer's name was called as the second of back to back picks for St. Louis to end the second round. Johannes jumped around screaming like a schoolboy, which at 18 years old he technically still was. He got on his phone and called every number to celebrate with all his family and friends. He talked for hours with his parents and then for hours with Nico. At almost 6 AM he passed out back on the bed of his dorm room at the the prestigious Austrian boarding school he attended.

222 words

Karl knew that the draft would be a very special day for him as he would officially join his new team. That day began like most others with Karl waking up and eating his breakfast while watching the sports news updates. After that he went out fro a quick run to try to keep the nerves at bay which helped for a bit. Trying to relax but Karl started to read a handful of Mock Drafts to get an idea where he would go in the draft, but it was soon time to get ready and put on his suit and went to the arena for the draft.

At the draft he met with his parents who had flew in from Germany to see their son get drafted into the SMJHL. He was glad to have his family with him but it still didn't calm his nerves. The draft began and as each pick passed he wondered when he would be called but it would not take long as he was picked 5th overall and excitedly walked up to the stand to accept the jersey from the GM. Karl was happy the the Firebirds picked him as he knew they did want him and that was all he really cared about.

... it’s weird, ya know? to think whatever path i took got me to this. i mean... there i was back in The Czech playin’ with all the other hooligans. we didnt care about the rules, no real idea what we were doin’, but it didn’t matter. you could see it... all around, the glimmer of hope in everyones naive eyes, maybe it would mean as much one day as it did to us in that moment. as you know it never works that way. so whatever... we grew apart, did different things, went different places. i came over to america and life just... got in the way. you forget about those times, those people, those dreams. you wake up, eat food, clean your shit up, pull youself together, go to school... work, whatever... you do your routine. the pathway back gets longer and longer and longer until theres no reason to think of even turning back, nevermind remembering the way. but there it remains, buried deep somewhere. so you turn it into entertainment. follow your local team, catch a few games, scoff at the enemy while you bleed your teams colors. i guess thats enough for some of us, but all it takes is that one little reminder. something that catches your eye and brings you back to the streets you grew up on. thats what the SHL was for me, it awakened something long lost in myself. now imagine my excitement when i show up and theres a crowded room full of people, each one eyes full of the same hope i remember. i barely even caught my name being called as i was just overwhelmed from taking everything in. i couldnt have cared less that it was late, i was just happy to be a part of something so amazing.

word count: 306

Scottey Crawfling woke up draft day morning hungover. Not a good look for the relatively unknown goaltending prospect. After spending the morning and early afternoon playing video games and nursing his headache, Crawfling raced to the draft, arriving 45 minutes after it started. Despite being despicably late, Crawfling didn’t miss his name being called. He went 19th overall to the newly rebranded Colorado Raptors. Though excited to learn from future goaltending star Grim Wastlund and with an already well developed team, Crawfling was a little shocked to go that late. The only other touted goaltending prospect in the draft went 6 picks ahead of Crawfling, and Scottey felt a bit jaded. He has high expectations of himself, and tends to overestimate his own abilities, truly believing he was the best goaltender in this draft. However, rather than dwell on his draft position, Crawfling decided to get to work and prove that he deserved to be first overall. He knows he has to take the sport and his training more seriously. No more staying up till 4am getting shwasty with the boys before big events. And no more losing entire days to video games. Crawfling has a lot to prove, but he is well on his way with his latest TPE gains.

Code:
211 words

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

It’s weird, I did not have any expectations whatsoever on the draft. I knew I was not going to be the last pick ever in this draft because, well, I have a reputation to uphold. Well, reputation. Let’s talk about who scouted me, three teams. Let’s talk about the fact that not one of them was the Vancouver Whalers. Kyegan and ErM did scout me, but I also botched that interview. Only one team that I don’t think knows who I am scouted me is the Prince George Firebirds. I know I sunk that draft stock. Let’s be real, I am getting married in 57 days, so, my activity is going to be low. So let’s go to the other team that does know, Detroit Falcons, which is run by the magnanimous Wozy, who knows I am here a lot for his TPE that will get him to reciprocate in activity in the Pro Baseball Experience. So let’s talk about the Whalers, Teddy knows me, and well while he didn’t scout me, he knows what I got. Adam also knows me from the National Simulation Football League. Anyways, I am not really surprised that I fell to the fourth round, I am long term project, not a short term gain.