Create Account

PT 2 - Training Days

Training Camp marks your first days on the ice with your new team. But it's not all work and no play. It's the perfect opportunity to get to know your new teammates, and it's the perfect opportunity for the vets to prank the new kids. Did you escape unscathed? Recount an amusing story from training camp.

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words.
Graphic: Create a graphic version of your team's week long training camp schedule.

Payout

4 TPE for doing the thing.

You may either do the written or the graphics option. You will not get extra TPE for doing both.

Only S41 SMJHL Rookies (S42 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
May 24, 2018, 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Quote:Training Camp marks your first days on the ice with your new team. But it's not all work and no play. It's the perfect opportunity to get to know your new teammates, and it's the perfect opportunity for the vets to prank the new kids. Did you escape unscathed? Recount an amusing story from training camp.

So training camp was absolutely bonkers. I was used to all the little jokes we played on each other in the Asker Frisk locker room, but holy quacamole, do the Militia lads know how to step those pranks up. On the second day of training camp I arrived at the stadium and everthing seemed normal, I was greeted by the staff and players and we had a brief talk about todays training. As we walked into the locker room I heard some giggles, but did not think much of it. Until I found my skates were missing. I looked around and saw Schieck with a massive grin on his face. I asked him where my skates were and he pointed to the showers. So I walk into the showers and find a frozen block of ice with my skates in it. As I sat there showering the block of ice I was thinking of my revenge.

On the fourth day of training camp I found my opportunity. Just before the training started Schieck was called aside by the defense coach, as he left the locker room to have a talk, I grabbed his skates and put tape on them. Schieck walks back in and puts his skates on unsuspectingly. As he takes to the ice he straight up falls on his ass. Me and the lads have a good laugh and struggles to get back to the bench to fix his skats.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Flappy California

The training camp wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for our GMs walking around, watching us. I get it, they took a chance on me. However do they always have to come around asking those weird questions? @flappy keeps coming by like Robert California from The Office, merrily sashaying over in an almost lackadaisical gate."So, Troy, are you satisfied with your life?" How do you answer that while squatting? "Yessir, very happy. Working hard!" That's all I can think of as I rack the bar. "So as I understand it then, Troy, there is nothing more you need in your life?" He says back, with that dagger-like stare. If a bear trap had a look, it would be what this guys face is right now. And I stepped in it. 132

" well, I want to be the best I can, but i'm happy with my progress. I'm not giving up or anything, but I'm still a work in progress, you know?"

"No Troy, I don't know. I think that is for you to know and for me to figure out. Now get back to work." He walks away to bother Mason Brown. Thank God he's off my back. Cash Savage, who watched the whole thing came over, after watching the whole thing.
"Don't worry about him," he starts. "Last year he told us all we were going to a pool party at 7am. We all showed up ready to swim and he told us 'life is my pool party, get your skates on' and made us do a bagged skate, with no coach or anything. He just watched from the stands and kept writing stuff down."

I nodded slowly, my gaze caught Flappy himself sitting on a weightbench, watching me. I go back to doing my squats. (Approx 298)

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Quote:Training Camp marks your first days on the ice with your new team. But it's not all work and no play. It's the perfect opportunity to get to know your new teammates, and it's the perfect opportunity for the vets to prank the new kids. Did you escape unscathed? Recount an amusing story from training camp.

The following are excerpts of Tokek rambling to himself in the shower.

Day 1: Hazing was weak. In Jakarta we tie new player to boat and drive boat away. In Vancouver only hazing is Howies jokes. I do not even know why he is in locker room. Ted said a word about it. I think was aluminium. But how does aluminium make Howie in the room? Do not understand.

Day 2: Where are skates and stick? Socks in shower. Very strange. I will practice as goalie.

Day 3: Goalie is hard with no skates.

Day 4: Ted and Adam do not believe I am practicing as goalie because no skates and no stick. They say to find stick and skates. Found stick in tree.

Day 5: Found skates at place called 'Canadian Tire'. Started beeping when I left with skates. Tire people very angry. Had to call Ted and Adam again.

Day 6: Noah has been acting strange. Hides own skates from me. I will bring his stick to tire.

Day 7: Noah cannot find his stick. Is funny joke. He does not know I have put it in the tire. I think I will tell him tomorrow.

Day 8: Noah seems sad and angry. Ted will not speak with me. Howie looks at me and laughs. I am confused.

Day 9: Adam wants to know why my stick looks like it came off tree. I tell him it did.

240 words

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

To be honest with you, I didn't know anyone on the team when I was first drafted. So, it was interesting to see everyone gather up at the rookie meeting. There was that Tokek kid and Noah, who seemed to know each other, but that was about it. I don't know anyone else other than those two first names, to this day. I'm a terrible teammate.

Anyway, Tokek, Noah, and I were tasked to make hockey sticks. Like, actually forge hockey sticks out of a tree. But of course, they didn't give us wood to do this with. No, they said go and find a tree and cut that down.

But of course, they didn't give us an axe to do this with. They said "Go make an axe, and it can't be made out of metal". So, Tokek, Noah, and I went out and found a pile of boulders. We figured rocks would do the trick. So, we sat around looking like complete morons, hitting rocks against rocks in the hopes that this one "main" rock would sharpen.

We never did get that shit to work. So we ended up going to Canadian Tire and just shaving the sides off of some wooden sticks so that the colour of the sticks would be gone. Now it looks like we could do something. That'll do.

Code:
225 words

<a href='index.php?showuser=3085' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GeckoeyGecko</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=3084' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Plasman</a>

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

It's tough for Harvey Danger to relive the moments of his first training camp with the Montreal Militia.

It was all well and cool at the team meet and greet. The drinks were flowing, with firm handshakes all around. There was even a cool local band (but the name escapes me). So, we were all just chilling and having a blast when out of nowhere Harvey gets tasered in the face. Knocks him out cold. He wakes up outside of a Tim Hortons in Langley, BC dressed like a woman. Dress, makeup, the whole deal. Harvey is then told: "Go poop in the middle of the floor and start whipping it at employees." When Harvey told them no, he was threatened to be on the third pairing defense for the rest of the season. But if he did it? He'll be on a pairing with #1 draft pick, Charlie Schieck.

So Harvey Danger pooped on the floor and threw it at employees of a Tim Hortons.

The rest of the Militia watched, of course, and when it was over, they escaped back to Montreal via their private jet. Poor Danger had to hitchhike all the way back in full woman regalia and smelling like...you know.

It took him 3 full days to return to the team, and training camp was already close to being over. Luckily, Harvey is a guy who forgives pretty easily, so the locker room wasn't awkward. He just wanted to forget about the whole thing, you know?

Well, long story short, the veterans somehow tricked Harvey into being in an adult telephone service commercial. But that's a story for another day.

-276 words-

Quote:Originally posted by gerarob@May 19 2018, 11:47 AM
To be honest with you, I didn't know anyone on the team when I was first drafted. So, it was interesting to see everyone gather up at the rookie meeting. There was that Tokek kid and Noah, who seemed to know each other, but that was about it. I don't know anyone else other than those two first names, to this day. I'm a terrible teammate.

Anyway, Tokek, Noah, and I were tasked to make hockey sticks. Like, actually forge hockey sticks out of a tree. But of course, they didn't give us wood to do this with. No, they said go and find a tree and cut that down.

But of course, they didn't give us an axe to do this with. They said "Go make an axe, and it can't be made out of metal". So, Tokek, Noah, and I went out and found a pile of boulders. We figured rocks would do the trick. So, we sat around looking like complete morons, hitting rocks against rocks in the hopes that this one "main" rock would sharpen.

We never did get that shit to work. So we ended up going to Canadian Tire and just shaving the sides off of some wooden sticks so that the colour of the sticks would be gone. Now it looks like we could do something. That'll do.

Tokek likes the tire. Make good stick.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Training Camp was a great experience for the entire team. Since a lot of our core group are rookies, it gave us some much needed time to get to know each other, both on the ice and off of it.

Monday to Friday was exclusively drills and scrimmaging. We'd split up for most of the day, seperated by position (forwards at one side of the ice, defence and goalies at another). Lots of drills to make sure that no one had slacked off in the off-season. We would scrimmage the last hour of practice, attempting to put everything together.

Saturdays were for off-ice team building exercises. Some examples were soccer, dragon boat racing, and paintball. We particularily liked these, as it was a lot easier to see how our teammates acted in a more natural environment. I suppose I compare it to seeing someone outside of work, it can be completely different.

Sundays were our rest day. One particular Sunday, we were all called in for an emergency meeting. When I came into the dressing room, the veterans told the rookies to stand in the middle. Our initiation had begun. Our task was simple … karaoke competition. The worst rookie (as voted by the veterans) had to watch a different Adam Sandler movie every day for a whole month. They would also have to send a Snapchat to everyone on the team each time to prove that he was watching.

Needless to say, the veterans didn't like my version of “The Real Slim Shady”, and I'm on Day 7 of the Adam Sandler torture month. I made the mistake of choosing Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore first (easily his two best). I think I've truly hit rock bottom after watching Grown Ups 2.

Send help.

(295 words)

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

It was the first time I've ever lived outside of Canada, and to be honest it was a hard transition. Seeing that everything around me changed was a hard sell in my mind, and I hate to say it, but I think it affected my game as well. My skating drills were slow, my shot was weak, and my pregame DDR was all sorts of just no. I take DDR very seriously, but it was so bad that the guys in the locker room (who usually laugh at me, I don't know why; DDR is a great cardio workout) decided to literally cut the cord on the machine. I returned to the locker room to see a frayed, cut cord laying across the floor.

Naturally, I was pissed. The moving costs of getting a whole DDR machine to Detroit was a lot. It took nearly all my money from my bank, which is why I have never been in the green while playing in this dang league. Anyways, without the cardio training, I decided to flush out my anger by skating mindlessly around the rink. I tried a lot of different techniques before I noticed fellow rookie Pingy Pingu sitting up in the stands, eating from a box of Timbits. I yelled up to him to see where he got it from, but he didn't hear me because the Detroit stadium has poor acoustics and sound doesn't travel well. I ushered him to come closer to the glass but he is a penguin so stairs are a no-no. I decided to go to the bench to grab the megaphone that the coach uses during games to yell up to the Pingy. We had a good conversation about Tim Bits and how it reminds us both of Canada, even though I'm sure he's not from there, which should have been the first red flag. Either way, with my game not being up to par and me being homesick, I moseyed on over to the nearest Tim Hortons, which was way too far away from the hockey stadium. I went inside and ordered some Timbits, and I sat at a table with a bunch of pride and the knowing that I will finally have a taste of home.

The Timbits tasted like garbage, and now my game really stinks. Guess it's time to get back to training, as I'm still trying to figure out a way to flesh out my game or at least get it back to a good enough level. Training's been easy enough, but I'm starting to think that the guys up at the top aren't impressed with my level of play. I still blame Pingy, though. He threw me off my game. It's the last time I trust a penguin when it comes to Timbits.

(468 Words)

<a href='index.php?showuser=3052' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Pingy Pingu</a>

The up-and-coming   ANTONIO HALL
[Image: ul8eHwY.jpg]

Previously known as:

Training camp began in quite the fashion or rookie Defenceman Geoff Moore, as an unnamed person on the team had hidden most of Geoffs gear before he arrived, leaving the rookie to go around the locker room asking for a stick, gloves and shoulder pads. Once he had gathered this mismatch of gear, it was time to hit the ice. As soon as Moore hit the ice, he fell over flat on his ass, as the skates he received from a teammate had skate guards still on them. While falling the youngster also broke his borrowed stick, leading to an unpleasant conversation with an unnamed veteran player.

For the second day of training camp Moore finally received his own gear and this time practice went way smoother, as Moore gained some looks from a few teammates and the coaching staff for his blistering slapshot, even though the coaches had to call out Geoff a few times as he wandered off to the other end of the rink slapping pucks to the net while the rest of the team were practicing puck battles.

The remaining week of training went by smoothly and with nothing special happening, everyone came out uninjured and feeling better about their own abilities. Several of the new teammates had a good time bonding and making friends with each other during the camp, everyone seems very excited for the season ahead.

(233 words)

[Image: lebbish.gif]

So, here i was, a new face on the Detroit Falcons, ready to start my training camp. At first, the players were bamboozled as to how a penguin is on their hockey team. They were asking me all sorts of questions like "how do you play with those flippers and stuff?" Well instead of telling them, I stepped on the ice and showed them how I play. after practicing some skating skills and shooting, I played some half ice drills with teammates. As I am a penguin, I wanted to practice my skills in diving, as I am a pretty good diver back at home in Antarctica. in one play, I was playing one on one with Flacko and dived right through his legs with the puck without even thinking about it! Everyone was pretty bamboozled after that moment. I even surprised myself! Flacko came up to me and said "Use those diving skills in the game, they could help a lot." I might just take him up on that. anyway, so I decided to take a break after a while. I went into the dressing room and fetched my box of fresh timbits which I bought earlier today at the Tim Hortons. As I was sitting there I was watching my fellow player Justin Sidd, and he is a pretty cool guy. He looked up at me and we both gave each other a friendly wave. He started yelling something up at me and It was hard to make it out because sound doesn't travel well in a stadium. He waved me closer but my penguin feet don't do well on stairs which I had gestured to him. He went to grab a megaphone and came back. I remembered I also had that pocket sized megaphone in my pocket (for some reason I don't know). We had a pretty good conversation about how the timbits remind us of home in Canada. Even though I am not from Canada, I had visited there before so I just went along with it. Later that day, I went home and went to bed early. I am pretty sure Justin is kinda mad at me now though because the next day he came up to me and said "I am not trusting you anymore when it comes to Timbits." He also seemed to be taking his anger out on those pucks too. I hope he's okay. Anyway, there is still much more training to be done, so I must be off. NOOT NOOT!

(420 words)

<a href='index.php?showuser=3076' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>HenryDeLaMare</a><a href='index.php?showuser=2729' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-71'>JSS</a>

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Training Camp was absolutely insane, yet fun. I arrived to camp a couple of days late, so I didn't really know anyone there. I had heard some of their names before, but that was it. I was really excited to meet everyone though! It was also my first time travelling outside of Europe, so I didn't know what to expect.
When I got to camp, everyone was really nice to me. Almost too nice. I didn't think too much of it though. The day after I got there, our GM decided to make us do some team-building tasks. We were all put into groups of 2 or 3 depending on what line we were on. I was with my linemates, David Kastrba and Cody Johansen.
In one of those tasks, each group was given a kayak and tasked with finding something they could use for oars and then using that to get to an island in the middle of a lake. The searching part of the task went very well for us - David found some big branches which we used as oars. We were the first group to set off into the water.
We were around halfway to the island when we looked behind us and saw another boat approaching quickly. I didn't think too much of it at first, but I looked back a minute later and saw that they were getting quite close to us. Cody pointed out that they weren't going toward the island, they were heading straight for us! We tried to go as fast as we could, when suddenly the back of the kayak got caught on something. We turned around and saw the guys from the other kayak holding onto the back of our kayak! The moment we turned around, they flipped our kayak over and we fell into the freezing cold water.
While we were trying to flip our kayak over again, we watched the other groups pass us, one by one. We ended up finishing last, but it was still fun and we all had a good laugh about it later.

349 words

Training camp starts and it´s first time ever for me to be outside of my home country Russia. Im very excited for this opportunity that I got. Long flight from Moscow to Canada and straight to the ice. I was so nervous that I couldn´t even handle the puck.

The style of hockey that they play in Canada very different than hockey that I played in Russia. The gm told me that I would play in fourth line with Fenton Uriel and Iam Essellemm. I like to play with these irish guys. They have helped me to speak english as it´s not my main language.

I didn´t dare to speak in the locker room as I have always been shy. Some of guys came to talk to me but I just answered few words.

After couple of days I was getting used to to the canadian style of hockey. My family came for 1 week holiday to Canada. I went with them look out the city of Kelowna. Kelowna is very beautiful city and there is many things to do.

In the last day of the training camp I saw how much I have improved in my time in Canada. Also my english is now on the next level.

-209 words

Training camp was really lit. I got to finally work on my skills to make sure i came into the preseason ready to rock and roll these kids in the SMJHL. I worked on my skating and my shooting to make sure I could do those cool breakaway things and make it on those youtube montage videos of people scoring goals. I also worked on stick handling so I can show off to the normies outside of hockey. I remember when I was working on stick handling I did a nasty deke and made a kid break his leg while he tried to turn around. I enjoyed training camp because it also helped me meet some people inside the league and also let me get into the Drunk Pancakes Podcast. I also got to go to a few bars during training camp because I like to drink out of my mind when I am not playing hockey. Hopefully I can find someone to date me because I think that a relationship is something people should look into while they're young and working in an industry that could fire you and not let you back in on a moment's notice. Also I enjoy getting into bar fights because it lets me get better at fighting the kids I see on the ice. 221 words

After being drafted, and joining the newly re-branded Colorado Raptors at their training facility high up in the Rockies, Maui was warmly welcomed by his new teammates. Typically, this is the time that the rookies get pranked by the seasoned vets; however, things were a bit different for Maui. Being one of the largest players in the dressing room, the veterans on the team were a tad hesitant to push his buttons. This quickly changed when Maui proved to be a fun-loving member of the locker room, evident through his song and dance performances.

As his teammates continued to warm up to the gentle giant that is Maui, they began to scheme about how they could finally initiate this rookie. The plan that was decided upon was to secretly film one of Maui’s post game locker room performances and leak it to the major sports news outlets, so the entire hockey world could enjoy Maui’s antics.

The plan went off without a hitch; following their final pre-season game in St. Louis, Maui broke out into one of his routines to try and cheer up his teammates following a tough lose. The entire thing was caught on tape, and during the sports segment on the morning news, Maui was front and center. That afternoon at the team’s optional skate, Maui was razed by his teammates and seemed to accept the friendly prank without any hard feelings. However, in a post-skate interview, Maui made it clear that revenge would be coming.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Word Count: 254

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]