Create Account

Russo Lands in North America

<div align="center">Russo Arrives
</div>
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

After a delay due to border rules, Italian sensation Carlo Trevisiano-Russo has landed in North America and is ready to begin his junior career, but with some readjustments. Due to arriving after the trade deadline, Russo will be entered into the S42 SMJHL Entry Draft as oppose to permanently signing with a team this season. Instead, the team he signs with will only have his right for the remainder of the S41 regular season and playoffs.

Since he began playing hockey competitively at the age of 13, Russo has been looked at by North American schools who had interest in recruiting him to play on their minor hockey teams, but do to budgetary constraints, he was unable to accept any of the offers. He instead continued his minor hockey career in Italy until turning pro at the age of 16. He is described as a gifted goal scorer with an SHL ready shot and IQ who needs to make the simple play more often, as well as improve his skating if he wants to find success in North America. He can also be described as defensively sound in his own end, with the ability to shut down opposing teams top players despite his limited frame/

Russo just concluded his 3rd season with Rittner Buam of Italy's Serie A league, the highest tier of pro hockey in the country. As a 16 year old rookie he put up phenomenal numbers that earned him rookie of the year honors as well as placing third in MVP voting. In his second season he made lots of improvements, mainly in his willingness to shoot the puck instead of looking for the extra pass. In this second season his led the league in points. Ritter Buam won the league that year, with Russo unanimously being named league MVP. His third season though is the one that caught SMJHL scouts eyes. He set new career highs in every major statistic category while also improving his defensive game to be the top in the league. Ritter Buam set a Serie A record with their 36-3-3 record before sweeping SV Renon in the championship series 3 games to 0. Russo won MVP and Defensive Forward of the year in his final season in Italy.

Code:
42 GP - 23G - 31A - 54PTS - +32 - 12 PIMS - 107 S
42 GP - 34G - 39A - 73PTS - +53 - 10 PIMS - 176 S
42 GP - 47G - 45A - 92PTS - +61 - 4 PIMS - 210 S

Scouts are hoping that he is able to quickly adjust to the North American style game and help a team make a push into the playoffs. As for what he thinks about still being eligible for the S42 SMJHL Draft, he had this to say "I feel that it will allow me to get a feel for the league before my rookie season. I will be able to show teams that I am the real deal and that I can play the North American game."
Early mock drafts see Russo going anywhere from late third round to early-mid second.

500 Words

Best of luck coming over from the European ranks!
Cheers :italy:

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Jun 5 2018, 08:36 PM
Best of luck coming over from the European ranks!
Cheers :italy:

Thank you!!! :D Cheers