Create Account

"Disscussion Leaders +1TPE"

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Jun 12 2018, 03:56 PM

Whoa... lol, only a couple weeks?? Jeeeez, tough crowd.
Was it longer? I can't remember, but it was the best time for PTs imo

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

lol

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gooney@Jun 12 2018, 10:02 PM
lol

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: hB5ThAI.gif]

I just gotta say that I agree with Logan's core argument. I don't think the PT tries to play favorites, but I think giving bonuses for "discussion leaders" or the "funniest joke" makes it feel like an old boys club, even if it isn't.

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22@Jun 12 2018, 03:33 PM
I just gotta say that I agree with Logan's core argument. I don't think the PT tries to play favorites, but I think giving bonuses for "discussion leaders" or the "funniest joke" makes it feel like an old boys club, even if it isn't.
Lol I’d love to hear the reasoning behind this

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 12 2018, 03:46 PM

Lol I’d love to hear the reasoning behind this

Reasoning behind what?

maybe you scrublords need to git gud at discussions

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22@Jun 12 2018, 03:47 PM

Reasoning behind what?
Behind thinking that awarding 1 uncapped TPE to 5 people for acting as discussion leaders is somehow reminiscent of an old boys club

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Alright, another post where I have to clear the air on this shit even though I could have sworn I literally did just this a few months ago.

Discussion leader for the weekend funtimes is based on who actually engages in valuable discussion with other people on the topic most often. That criterion was specifically delineated when the grading format changed and I took over as sole WF grader the last time somebody decided to kick up a fuss about this. Coincidentally, the same people happen to do that (well, often, not always) week after week because surprise, not that many people actually give a shit about trying for the uncapped. I don't pick the same people because they're my buds, I end up picking the same people because they end up far and away having the most valuable interaction on the discussion topics with other people in the thread. As for the Sunday Fundays, I always try to specifically state what the criterion is for getting the extra, whether it's "funniest," "most creative," etc. And that's always going to be up to the graders' discretion, but that really isn't contingent on my feelings towards the people writing them.

That's pretty much it. If you really think I'm the type to give a shit about an old boys' club or the type to fuck with PT grading like that to help out my friends on the site, kindly fuck off.

Also, if you're going to talk shit about PT grading, next time tag me boo, <a href='index.php?showuser=2739' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Loganjj21</a>, it'll make both our lives easier.

Cheers, y'all.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Logan starts a thread and gets dunked on nothing new here boys

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Jun 12 2018, 02:58 PM
Logan starts a thread and gets dunked on nothing new here boys
Ya seems like a typical Tuesday afternoon on SHL

[Image: hallsy.png]

This TD is so bad it reminds me of <a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a> whack ass TD's back then.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 12 2018, 03:56 PM

Behind thinking that awarding 1 uncapped TPE to 5 people for acting as discussion leaders is somehow reminiscent of an old boys club

It feels like a lot of the same people get TPE, but regardless the facts of who gets TPE don't matter. I trust Pris, but in what other part of any sim league is one person in charge of giving out TPE like that at their discretion? It's a system that's asking to be abused. As someone who feels like an SHL outsider, this is just another way. Yea, its one TPE, but I don't really think it's necessary to have. It makes things feel less fair.

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Jun 12 2018, 01:03 PM
This TD is so bad it reminds me of <a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a> whack ass TD's back then.

it's not even in the TD section just saying