Create Account

S41 Championship Week

TASK ONE

It was definitely my preference for the West Kendall Platoon to win, and for a variety of reasons. For one, they simply had a lot more TPE than LAP, about two thousand more the last time I checked. I definitely realize that TPE isn’t everything, but it should be a lot, ya know? So even if West Kendall wasn’t the best team, they were the better one. Also, Buffalo lost to West Kendall in the playoffs, so it is mildly comforting to know that Buffalo lost to the best team that year. I am well aware that Buffalo was not close to being the best team in the playoffs, and may have even been the worst team, but losing to the team that won it all is still a nice illusion. Finally, and this is, admittedly, a selfish reason, but given that conference opponents play more frequently, I would rather see a rival move to the end of the round.

TASK TWO

My choice for unsung hero of the playoffs is West Kendall Platoon forward Trevor Wilson. Obviously, as a prominent member of the now championship-winning team, it’s not as though he’s received zero praise, but I genuinely believe he deserves more than he got. The playoffs are a very trying time, and even the best of the best make mistakes. Trevor Wilson played 484 minutes over 20 games. Over those 484 minutes, he committed a total of 0 penalties. The easiest way to do that is to be a non-factor in the game, but that is not what Wilson was about. He scored 18 points, 4th most on the team. In addition, he laid out 31 hits, which is usually when penalties occur. He flew back and forth across the ice, scoring 6 goals and blocking 5 shots. In every way, Wilson was making big plays, all while failing to make a single mistake.

TASK SIX

The West Kendall Platoon, wanting to do something special for the final series, decided to take the team name a little more literally and invite an actual platoon of soldiers to play ice hockey against each other while fans waited for the real game to start. It started simply enough, with the soldiers coming out, receiving all kinds of applause as they were introduced and then split up into two teams. It quickly became apparent that these soldiers had basically no ability to play hockey, and weren’t even good at skating, constantly tripping themselves and each other up, chipping up the ice. However, there was one aspect of hockey they were good at, and while little sparring sessions started as a joke, as the score remained 0-0 and opponents started blaming each other for various falls, the fights soon began in earnest. Gone were the comic slap-fights, and soon all 12 were going at it full force.

TASK ONE:

It's a bit tricky to decide who I really want to see win the finals. West Kendall has had a very long drought, of course- 36 seasons is kind of crazy and they probably deserve one after waiting so long. But I'd also like to think about the banner we're going to wind up having on the site, and I can't think of anything West Kendall related that'd really do it for me. The colour scheme is essentially the United States of America, but less convenient. So I have to go to Los Angeles, and lo and behold, we suddenly have a squillion options for brilliant banners- summer stuff, gangster stuff, and best of all, retrowave stuff. If Los Angeles wins and we don't have an enormous fuck off retrowave banner to welcome all of the reddit draftees in next season, I firmly believe we will have failed as a site. Also, Maximilian Wachter could probably use a cup hoist or something.

TASK TWO:

If there's a player in the playoffs right now who deserves a lot more credit for their efforts than what they'll be getting right now, it's Ludwig Koch Schroder. On the surface, it appears that West Kendall's defence is their weak point- they haven't had good numbers compared to other teams. But that's not really fair on their defensemen, and especially not Ludwig Koch Schroder. Firstly, it's pretty clear that he's been put in a role that he's not used to playing in- a stay at home defenseman. He's had just 41 shots on goal, which is way less than we'd usually expect from the dynamite offensive defenseman. He's also had bugger all luck in that time, with a shot percentage of less than 5%. As a defenseman, he's also been up against the brutally effective top forward lines of both Minnesota and Los Angeles this post season, which means he's been shelled- he's finished the playoffs at minus 8, despite winning the cup. But scariest of all is the time he had to spend out there- he's averaged more than 26 minutes a game, which is crazy by any standard, especially in a role he'd not be used to. He's not going to win a playoff MVP trophy or anything, but it's pretty clear that this cup win was impossible without Ludwig Koch Schroder getting neck deep in the mud.

TASK FOUR:

PM'd

TASK SIX:

How do you start a pre-game ceremony in Florida? You go absolutely bonkers, of course. It's been a very long time since West Kendall was in the Challenge Cup finals, and there's no guarantee of when they next return, so not going all out would be stupid. The entire ceremony is retrowave, because it's Florida, and Florida is the only place that can compete with California for that kind of style. We'll start with an enormous neon lights show. Gangsters are performing on the ice. Suddenly, a giant neon alligator attacks and eats half of them. The rest of them start running, swooped by eagles. A panther appears, because they're playing Los Angeles and you can't really leave out Panthers. The Panther challenges and defeats the Alligator, but runs scared of the Eagle, which flashes and turns into the on ice logo of the West Kendall Platoon. Scarface walks onto the ice, does a line of coke the length of the entire blue line, and the sings the national anthem- every verse.

TASK NINE:

PM'd

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.
You know what, I really, really wanted the Los Angeles Panthers to win the Challenge Cup. I was on the Los Angeles Panthers with my former player Tony “Danny Tanner” Pellegrino, and it was an blessed organization, led by two of the best management members on the site. Wasty has breathed Los Angeles Panthers blood as long as I have been on the site. The Los Angeles Panthers have been cursed in the Challenge Cup Finals, and because of that they deserve to win the cup this season. They always have a fantastic team, and the roster is one of the best currently in the league. The constant torment the team has from the sim failing them, year after year is something that no team should endure throughout their existence. Well, maybe the Toronno North Stars should make sure that happens. Anyway, big names on the team need a cup, and they should have won this cup, sucks that they lost in seven games, but I think STHS has something against them.
(172 words)

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
One of the biggest things I look for as a GM in the league, and a league analyst is the players +/- rating, and if we were able to show giveaways and takeaways in the sim, it would make it much easier to pinpoint strong players in the league who may not be the most point oriented, but guys that really give your team the chance to win every game by making sure that you have the puck on yours teams stick at most of the time. One stat that really stands out to me is a player shooting percentages, sometimes this is skewed by players who play bare minutes, or fewer games, but one member of the Los Angeles Panthers stood out to me and that is Yuri Boyka Jr. Boyka Jr, is a former Halifax Raider, and his predecessor was a Montreal Impact member while I was on the management team there. Boyka Jr. had an amazing 17.24% shooting percentage in 21 games, scoring 10 goals on 58 shots. He scored 23 points in the playoffs and while he was in the shadows behind guys like JLR and Max Wacther, he really showed he is an upcoming elite player in the league.
(204 words)

TASK 3: PMD

TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.

I do not think many teams in the Simulation Hockey League could even put on a show that compared to the one that the Vegas Golden Knights of the National Hockey League put on. The theatrics that the city of Las Vegas provided to the fans of the National Hockey League were both entertaining, and quite corny. Nonetheless, I believe the small suburb of West Kendall could not put on the same show, or even anything remotely close to the show the Vegas Golden Knights put on. In fact, the city has not given them a sufficient enough budget to run their team—oh wait that’s just San Francisco. Anyway, Los Angeles has the budget, and the lively enough city to broadcast some spectacular events during the playoffs. It is a shame that their parent, Los Angeles Kings did not pursue this during their quick bout with the Knights in Round 1, but the Panthers could have a live Panther on the ice, against a hologram of a rocket or something and fuck that shit up ya know. I would pay real money to watch that show.

(187 words)

TASK 9: PMD

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Code:
TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.
I really don’t have any stake in the game this season. I have no connection what-so-ever to the Panthers, and a very limited connection to the Platoon. If I had to pick, I would prefer that West Kendall won. I played for WKP for a season. They were a really good group, but that was more than 10 seasons ago, and most of the people from the team back then are gone. It still seems like a good group of people, and I’m glad Bojo finally got a cup with the team he GM’d for so long. I’m also happy EJ could win a cup. She is the first player that lil and I drafted in Kelowna. It’s nice to see her captain a team to a cup in. Nothing against LA. I just never had a chance to play for them, and don’t really know anyone on their roster. So, I would be totally indifferent to them winning.

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
West Kendall had a lot of really great performances on the way to the cup. I am really impressed with Danny Mete. He is a very young player and wasn’t asked to do a ton. However, he did very well with the role he was given. Quality depth play is critical to winning in the playoffs. First and second line players are expected to play well. If you can get quality play from your third line, you’re going to have success. This is what Danny brought. He played a little over 15 minutes per game, scored 3 goals, 7 assists, and was a +11 through 20 playoff games. He also recorded 37 hits and blocked 26 shots. This is an outstanding performance for a player as inexperienced as he is. Maybe hero is a bit strong, but he definitely outperformed his expectations, and contributed significantly to his team winning the cup.

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Code:
TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.
I didn’t see any of the pre-game stuff, because I didn’t watch any of the games. I heard Vegas did some stuff, but I don’t really know what it was. For West Kendall, I’m going to say they project a montage of images on the ice before the game. Most of it is pictures of Pushkin mixed with some animated gifs that have LAP and WKP logos stuck on them. Maybe some terrible puns too. Let’s say LAP would do something similar, however the montage of pictures would be much more technically impressive. Lots of artistically modified action shots of their players. All of it very expertly done, and very pleasant to look at. Between these they might show some very intense videos of Danny Foster beating the shit out of people, and Maximilian Wachter throwing body checks. This would show two interesting sides of the team, artistic ability and physical dominance.

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Task one:
There are a lot of great folks on both teams. I would have been happy with either team winning, but for the Panthers specifically, Bottas really helped me get into the SHL and Leetch was one of my first good friends on the SHL. I wanted to see them lift the cup. LA also has a ton of other good people like Wasty, Sophia and Dweaves -- all good people that I've either been on teams with before or worked with. I was hoping they would win, but I was happy to see West Kendall win as well. This was a tough finals match up because there wasn't a team I disliked or not cared for at all. Overall, this was a good series and I'm not upset with the outcome. Both teams were hungry for a cup, and this championship is huge for West Kendall and would have been equally important for Los Angeles.

Task Two:
I'm not sure you could really call him unsung because of all the attention he has been receiving across the media outlets, but Matthew Auston is a bit of an underrated star that Los Angeles has. Auston scored 14 goals in these playoffs, tied with Alex Light for the most. His game is well rounded and he isn't very old, so the SHL will get used to his name a lot more than they currently is. Auston's name has to be considered for unsung hero when he puts up performances like he did in these playoffs. Auston was up there with the other top scorers, but played less minutes over the course of the playoffs, averaging 19 minutes a night. Auston's 26 points over 21 games is the type of post-seasons that ends up commending you a hefty payday when contract negotiations start. Auston performed well all season, and when the playoffs started he made a lot of noise. Matthew Auston gets my nod for unsung hero of the playoffs.

Task Six:
Before the first playoff game between The Panthers and The Platoon in Los Angeles, the LAP franchise put on a dramatic show for the players introductions. The Panthers mascot, on skates, takes the ice and introduces other mascot like caricatures of the starting lineup for the Panthers. The Los Angeles fans are really excited about this. Then the Platoon’s starting lineup’s caricatures come out. Eventually a line brawl between the caricatures takes place. Los Angeles has the upper hand, because the mascot is still out on the ice. They “rough” up the opposing caricatures, and the fans get hyped about it. The crowd really digs it, but on television it comes across as a little boring. It’s one of those introductions that needs to be seen live. Perhaps it’s because the crowd is somewhat captive and they are just nervously cheering for the dramatic introduction, because otherwise it would be weird.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 09:53 PM by Cynthia.)

TASK ONE: We ask y'all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let's change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.
Who do I want to win the Challenge Cup? Out of these teams? I don't really care for either of them. To be honest we should have left these two teams behind on the old site. I'm just kidding of course, out of the two teams, I would want the West Kendall Platoon to have won compared to the LA Panthers, and they did of course. I've seen West Kendall been absolutely mauled for the past 15+ seasons I've been on the site. I think they've made it to the finals once and other than that, they've been decimated in the 1st and 2nd round for a while. After Toronto won they had the longest cup streak dating back to when seasons were still single digits so it's hard for me not to cheer them on a little bit in breaking a curse. Besides that, I don't really have any reason to vote for the LA Panthers to be honest.

I'll give it to Sven Brokstad as the unsung hero for the West Kendall Platoon. The Platoon was more of a mixed scoring playoff team with their scoring coming from multiple players rather than 2 basically leading the way compared to other teams. One thing I've noticed is that quite a few of their players were quite heavily minus players which is puzzling for a challenge cup champion. Brokstad was one of the highest +/- players with +11 and one of those guys that I'm sure the goalie loved to have in front of him with 30 blocked shots. He didn't hit much but he didn't take many penalties, in fact he only took 1 penalty in the whole playoffs. He had a respectable 11 points on the team with 3 goals while on the backend with no PP time at all. He's young and he didn't get much ice time but these playoffs have shown there is some promise here.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent

It's LA and Florida. West Kendall to be specific. I never even heard of that place until I joined the SHL. And if Florida has taught me anything through the internet and the news, there's disneyland and most of the people are old, crazy, or both. So what did West Kendall do in game 3 of the Challenge Cup Finals? They fucking brought mickey mouse and the gang over wearing West Kendall Platoon jerseys as eagles fly through the sky, and Goofy is doing cartwheels on the ice. Shit's crazy everywhere you look, Minny Mouse is kissing the goalie (poor mickey), Pushkin is flying on top of one of the eagles, Bojo Biscuit is dancing up in the stands with his weird ass haircut, disney princess are emerging on the ice and doing figure skating routines. It was a crazy experience that defies explanation, but that's exactly what it's like reading the news of Florida.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]
Sent

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Task Four: Pm'd

Task Nine: Pm'd

Task One:

I would love to see the West Kendall Platoon win the Challenge Cup. I realize this is being posted after they already won, but I would have said the same prior to the series. Nothing against LA, they're a good team who would be deserving also, but West Kendall has been one of the top teams consistently for the last decade or so, they went to the finals numerous times and weren't able to bring it home despite always playing well. They had some real bad luck over the years in the finals, things like outshooting their oppnents 45-25 and losing 4-3, stuff like that seemed to always happen to them. I feel like they should have won at least once back with those real good Bojo teams. So it would be great to see them break the long drought, I believe the longest in the league and win the cup in S41. Now that they have done it, very happy for them, they are a deserving group. [150+]

Task Seven:

[Image: ajax_handler88.jpg]

Task Eight:

[Image: maxresdefault_1_11.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

TASK ONE:

Between the West Kendall Platoon and Los Angeles Panthers and who I would rather see win, the answer is obvious, the West Kendall Platoon. First of all, the Platoon have a better General Manager in Bojo (or I guess CO-GM, but still even than they have a better Co-GM), and overall better members on their team as a whole. Secondly, I would pick the Platoon would be to see Karsten Kadinger (Allegiant) win the cup. I think he deserves the cup because he is a good friend and is also very nice. It is always nice to see your good friends win a cup. I also enjoy Mikko Luna (Ej27 aka Dr.Pooj) from my Knights days, so I would like to see her win a cup again. Third, since the Steelhawks lost to the Platoon in the Conference Finals, I would rather lose to the eventual Challenge Cup Winners than lose to someone who did not end up winning the cup. This was an easy choice for me as to who I would want to win the cup!
Code:
178 Words

TASK TWO:

Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My pick for unsung Hero of the S41 playoffs would be West Kendall Platoon defenseman Ludwig Koch Schroder. Schroder is obviously one of the better defenseman in the league, and is also probably the best defenseman on the Platoon, but the Platoon defense wasn’t all that high scoring these playoffs. Schroder scored 2 goals and 13 assists for 15 points in 20 games in this year’s playoffs. He also had an impressive 28 shots blocked and also had an extremely low shooting percentage of 4.88 percent, which you could argue if he had some more luck, he could’ve scored more. The Platoon defense definitely would not have been favored in their matchup against the Steelhawks who are 5 defenseman deep, but they still managed to stifle the Steelhawks offense and win the series to get to the Challenge Cup Final and Schroder played a big role in that. Schroder is my unsung hero for this season and when the Platoon win the cup, he will have played a massive role in that.
Code:
172 Words

TASK FOUR:
PM'd

TASK SIX:
During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.
For the Platoon, an easy suggestion would be to have a cannon ball like the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL. This cannonball could have been apart of the in-game experience as well as the pre-game ceremony as they play out a military type scene along with American symbols. They also could have had an eagle fly in the area with a handler which would be cool. Like most arenas, light shows would also be very effective. In LA, good idea would be to do a Black Panther theme type ceremony. Have someone dressed up in a Black Panther suit and have an action-packed ceremony to hype people up. You could also do something with the California vibes and symbols like palm-trees. You could also probably get some musical artists to open up the games and preform as its in California. Another good idea would be to get a DJ to get the place going with lights and music.
Code:
159 words

TASK NINE:

PM'd

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

The team that I want to see win the S41 Challenge Cup are the West Kendall Platoons. The team has been built incredibly well by their general managers and they went through some more complicated moments before they were able to properly start challenging for the Simulation Hockey League highest honor. They also had an underwhelming regular by finishing third in their conference after being seen as the top team in the conference by multiple people in the media when they made their season prediction at the beginning of the season. Another factor that makes them my favourite team to win the S41 SHL Challenge Cup is the Prince George Firebirds connection that goes all the way back to my first season in the SMJHL. In that S38 season, me and my Firebirds teammates went all the way to win the Four Star Cup and the player that scored the playoffs winning goal and was the best player of the team at that time is Dionýz Vyskoč who is now playing for the West Kendall Platoons and I would be really happy to see him lift the Challenge Cup.
Code:
189 words

My choice for the unsung hero of the S41 SMJHL playoffs is right winger Xavier Paquette of the Kelowna Knights who ended up winning the S41 Four Star Cup. Paquette play on the Knights second line and he also gets some powerplay minutes. Paquette had a really good playoff run, his five on five play was outstanding. He came out second on his team in plus-minus with a differential of +10. He also ended the playoffs with a decent 12 points in 15 games played. But what makes him stand out the most for the title of the unsung hero of the S41 Four Star Cup playoffs is how clutch he ended up being in the most important moments of the playoffs. Xavier Paquette scored a grand total of four goals in this season's playoffs and 75% of them came in this most important moments. Indeed, from Paquette four goals, two of them were goal winning goals and another one was a game tying goal.
Code:
165 words

Send via PM.

In the first Four Star Cup final game that was hosted in Montreal, they had an absolutely crazy opening ceremony before the game. It all started when they decided to partner with Dodge for a contest. The spectator seated in the chosen seat would win a brand new Dodge Charger. Here’s where it gets interesting. They close all the light before the ceremony and raise the car all the way to the roof with some strong cables. Then, the car came flying down all the way to center ice where they decided to park it. Then the announcer started announcing the starting lineup starting with defenseman Viktor Valentine. Valentine came from one of the back passenger seat of the car. The announcer kept going and Kalju, Ralchankinov, Czerkawski and Hudeč all came out of the car from different doors. Then they announced the starting goaltender for the Militia, Walter Hobbs, and he came out from the car trunk, the crowd erupted!
Code:
161 words

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

Send via PM.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

TASK 4 Sent
TASK 9 Sent
TASK 3
[Image: PdECa5q.png]

TASK 7
[Image: KIXWvLc.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 12:33 AM by Loganjj21.)

Trivia And Scamble Sent to Pris

Task 6
For the opening ceremonies of the Los Angeles Panthers vs West Kendall Platoon series the opening ceremony. The platoon at home games will be blasting Lil Uzi Vert and shooting off cannons in the parking lot and inside the arena that shoot Miller lite and Bud light. It just so happend one of the beer shot right at Sven Brokstad who caught the beer mid air and cut it with his skate and popped the tab and performed the perfect shotgun in front of all the fans. The crowd were all drunk well before the actual game started by game end the arena smelled like puke. The Panthers took a different route where they decided to bring an actual panther in for the game but just like the movie Semi Pro starring Will Ferrell, the panther escaped and ultimately ate the players of the panthers and that is why they lost the cup because they had no players left as we saw by the result of that game.

Task 7
[Image: Imw3lk8.jpg]
Task 8
[Image: qrR6HYV.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 09:22 AM by Bayley.)

You know, a team that I have always been a fan of is that of the Los Angeles Panthers. So, I am going to go with the Los Angeles Panthers. I think that they have a lot to like including Wasty who I like a lot. I think he's a great GM, so I would love it if the Panthers were victorious in the Challenge Cup. Now, obviously being on Buffalo, West Kendall is the team that came back to beat us, something I have not been happy about since it happened. We had that series won, they came back to shock us. Obviously, that is not helpful for me to root for them at all. I want them to lose now, so I am going to go with the Los Angeles Panthers. They have a lot of good players, I would want them to win, no doubt. Go Los Angeles! I definitely have to say that I want them to win over the team that beat us. 
Quote:Words: 151

I am going to say that the unsung hero of the playoffs after it is over is none other than Joshua Woodcroft of the Los Angeles Panthers. I think that Joshua Woodcroft has played really well for the Panthers, averaging almost 19 minutes a night as a rookie. Joshua Woodcroft is a guy that had 6 goals, 9 assists for a total of 15 points in his 21 games including a +15 plus minus. Honestly, that is where I was looking. He was always positive when he was on the ice which is very important. He also had 4 shots blocked which is not the best, but he is contributing which is important. He is a guy that had 1 goal and 2 assists on the Powerplay to add to his greatness in this playoffs. He may not get a lot of notoriety, but he should. Woodcroft should be a guy that will factor into a lot of the Panthers future, this is something they hope he can build off of.
Quote:Words: 171

Sent

In one of the first games in Los Angeles, the Panthers wanted to go big. They want to have an opening ceremony that everyone will remember. So, what did they do? They have a cage on a wheeling item that gets a LIVE PANTHER onto the ice. On the other side of the ice, there is an animal. They let the PANTHER OUT OF THE CAGE! The Panther runs and chases the other animal around the rink. I know PETA called the Panthers right after, but this was something for all of the fans involved. The boards kept the panther inside, before it was enticed to get back into the cage. This was something that no one expected, but imagine a live panther. That is absolutely crazy! I do not think something like this will happen again because of PETA, but it was something that everyone will remember. Eye of the Tiger was playing, no one knew why, but it was. 
Quote:Words: 161

Sent
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 02:16 PM by Waters.)

I'd say I wanted the Panthers to win this season. They have a lot of great guys and great alumni that I respect a ton, and it was always a team I thought might be a decent destination if I ever were to recreate (again). I respect the ton out of Wasty and really wanted him to get the cup he has deserved for a while. I also think LAP had an amazing series against us, and I can't root for the other team when these guys clearly showed how great they are in our series. Unfortunately, the Panthers failed to take the series, but they put up an incredible fight and I think they have a great shot next year. Now that I'm not on the Jets anymore, I'm glad we don't have to fight that ridiculously stacked Western Conference again. Hopefully the Panthers can get their shot again in a few more seasons.

Reflieux has had a pretty low-profile career since going #1 in S30. Sometimes, you honestly forget the guy exists. However, after a ridiculous regular season and an equally ridiculous playoffs, I think he not only deserves recognition for this playoffs as the unsung hero, but he deserves recognition for his incredibly solid career up to this point. He was a really strong playmaker with Wachter, who had an incredibly noteworthy season, possibly warranting MVP talks if Visser wasn't out of this world, and Woodcroft, a rookie who only had 22 points in the regular season (the word only, of course, is used relative to the playoffs he had). It could be argued that without Reflieux as that playmaker center with 17 assists and still putting up a very strong 10 goals, Woodcroft doesn't have the breakout playoffs that he did, and Wachter isn't as great as he was throughout the year and in the playoffs. So yeah, Reflieux is my bid for the unsung hero for these playoffs.

TASK FOUR: submitted

The platoon were looking for a big opening on game 1 of the finals, to celebrate the fact that they had finally made it back to the big time. I heard that they brought out a massive cage with almost 100 eagles, and let them all out in a blaze of glory. Unfortunately for the Platoon, the eagles just weren't properly trained, and many of them flew right up to the fans and started biting them, it was pandemonium. These eagles were just flying up into the stands and preying on these kids. The analysts were calling this one of the most poorly organized opening ceremonies they had ever seen, no question. Finally, the staff was able to entice the eagles to come back into the cage, but that was a pretty bad play from the Platoon Front Office, even though it did set the stage for a great series.

TASK NINE: submitted

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

This is very obvious for who I want to win the SMJHL playoffs finals. The matchup is between the Kelowna Knights and the Montreal Militia. This pas offseason I was obviously traded from the Halifax Raiders to the Kellowna Knights so it's clear that I wanted to win a title. The other team is my enemies. Coming in to the SMJHL draft I said that I would be drafted and happy by any team except Montreal because of my negative relationship with their General Manager Keygan. Nothing has changed my opinion since then. I have found the team very annoying to play against (except my boy Jay - dudes' the greatest). Additionally there are plenty of guys on Kellowna I've now become buds with, there's monkey and M Dubz who I already knew from my currect Texas Times, JT from my time in Hlaifax days and there are other awesome dudes like Sour and Nour and Thunder. We got a great squad and I was obviously rooting for us to win the cup! 173

The greatest player in the SMJHL playoffs was definitively Iam Essellemm for Kelowna. And I am going to argue that in spite of his historic performance he still went under the radar. Essellemm’s performance this playoffs should go down in history as one of the best of all time. He led a dominant Kellowna team that went an insane 12-3 in the playoffs, sweeping their first two series in dramatic fashion. In spite of playing 4 less games than his competition, Essellemm still tied for the playoff lead in points (with 22) had an incredible plus minus of +11, scored 9 goals and 13 assists. Essellemm lead the playoffs in points per game, points per minute, tied for lead in points, tied for lead in goals, second in assists, second in plus minus. The dude was a machine, and yet there is a chance that he doesn’t get the playoff MVP award. That is why he is under the radar and an unsung hero. Dude is a legend. 168

PMed 

OK what the hell did we watch in game one of the four star cup finals. The Montreal Militia headed west in Canada to Kellowna to face the Knights. On it's face the two team mascot names are fun army/ fighter types. A knight has a long glorious history, and in that cool logo suit of armor type deal it obviously fit in well. The Militia logo is weird, but you still get the point of the mascot name. So things weren't too weird when Kellowna brought out a dude in a suit of armor with a giant sword. The sword did look a little realistic for my taste, but whatever. Then a montreal dude came out with a bayonette and everyone was confused. He was in montreal colors and looked ready to fight. What got really really really weird was when the two of them starting actually fighting to the death. I mean the knight legit murdered this dude. Blood was everywhere, people were confused. But the Zamboni came out, people cleaned up the blood and the puck dropped for game weird. Really really weird situation. 187

PMed 

I've always subscribed to the notion that the best team wins the playoffs, and any team that beats us in Minnesota is the best team. That said, Hamilton defeated us in a hard-fought series, winning 4-2. Naturally, the best team is now Hamilton. However, Hamilton were defeated by West Kendall Platoon, also in a 4-2 series, so now the de facto best team in the world is West Kendall Platoon. Since they defeated the team that defeated us, logically they're the best and the team I want to win the Cup.

But! There's another conference in play here, with a few good teams taking part in the playoffs. From the Western conference, my initial pick was probably the Winnipeg Jets - they're a good squad and not far from Minnesota geographically, so it was an easy pick to win. They one their first series, but then lost to the Lost Angeles Panthers - once again, the team that beats the second best team now becomes the second best team. In the Finals, the best team plays the second best team, but of course the best team will win - West Kendall Platoon.

One of the unsung heroes in the playoffs this year is West Kendal Platoon's Leafer Reilly. He plays a fairly skilled game, with a bit of grit, and has the ability to take over a game with the way he plays. Leafer finished the playoffs with 14 assists, putting him ranked 4th overall for assists, and he finished with 5 goals for a total of 19 points. This is one of the best performances of the playoffs, points-wise, by a winger. But it wasn't just his point contributions that made the difference for his team - Leafer found himself in a position to change the momentum for his team when they were down. He took part in 2 different fights throughout the playoffs - didn't win either of them - to try to spark a difference for his team. As a newly crowned champion, I'd say that played a pivotal role for his team. 

PMed to Pris

I definitely feel that the Challenge Cup teams - the West Kendall Platoon and the Los Angeles Panthers - will take note of the Stanley Cup pre-game festivities and try to emulate in some form. My guess is that the first home game for the Los Angeles Panthers will feature five real, live panthers on skates taking out balloon caricatures of the West Kendal Platoon's characters. This would definitely be an exciting, albeit tough to coordinate pre-game show. How neat would it be to see a real panther adept at skating? We'd probably see a similar concept in West Kendall's first home game - likely there would be a group of soldiers on the ice hunting down and taking out a group of pantheresque mascots - likely with a bit of violence but nothing over the top. Either one of these would be an entertaining spectacle, but I personally would find the real, live panthers the more exciting of the two options. 

PMed to Pris