Create Account

Carlo Russo sits with Sam Constantino After First Eight Games
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2018, 12:04 PM by Beaty.)

Carlo Russo sits with Sam Constantino After First Eight Games

Italian sniper Carlo Russo made his much anticipated North American debut last week, and so far he has not disappointed. The undersized winger is known for his high hockey IQ in all three zones, as well as his blistering shot. All these skills were on full display in his debut week, and earlier today I had a chance to sit-down and talk to him about everything that has been going on.

Cosentino: Hey Carlo, thanks for coming, we've been waiting!

Russo: My pleasure! It's been a fun couple weeks since the draft

Consentino: So first off, how do you like Vancouver? Do you feel you're fitting in with the team and the city?

Russo: I love it here. Going into the draft I was talking to my agent Pat Brisson and I told him that Vancouver was #1 on my list of places I'd want to go. He told me to not hold my breath because their picks weren't really lining up with where I was going in mock drafts and everything, but I guess I slipped or rose a little and they were able to pick me up in the third round. I think both sides are happy.

Consentino: That's great to hear. How are you feeling about your team so far? How are all the guys off the ice?

Russo: They're all great. There's a real leadership presence with guys like JLP, Tokek, Alex, and Herb. I remember Herb actually reached out to me and sent a text as soon as I was drafted which was pretty cool. He was just congratulating me and saying he was happy to have me on the team. Once I actually touched down in Vancouver I got to meet all the other rookies and my draftmates. I flew in on the same flight as Luke Thomason so I got to talk with him a bit on our layover in Calgary. We shared this excitment about being in Vancouver with them having such a strong team currently and being so young.

Consentino: What about on the ice? Are you starting to get some chemistry with some guys on the team?

Russo: For sure. I was super pumped when I found out I'd be on a line with Max Mauldin, he's a big guy with a great skillset which makes it fun to play with him. Being on a line O'Bigbers is helping my game a lot too I feel. Him being a pure playmaker is a great compliment to mine and Max's game. He is deffinetely one of the best passers in the league.

Consentino: So you have had a pretty solid start to the season. After going pointless in your first three games, you have had three straight multi-point games. What can you do to keep this streak going?

Russo: The individual accomplishments are nice for sure. It's awesome to know that I'm having a positive impact on the team by seeing those numbers, but at the end of the day all that matters to me is winning. Putting up numbers is definitely great, but I just want to do what I can to help the team win. But to answer the question, I just need to keep my feet moving. The way I play is different than a lot of players. I never stand still on the ice, I'm always trying to get into a better position.

Consentino: Well that's all I got for today Carlo, I have a feeling though that I will be doing a lot more of these interviews with you before your career is over. Thanks for your time.

Russo: A pleasure as always Sam. Thank you.

[620 Words]

Great article, happy we are teammates

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]