Create Account

S42 PT #3 - Branching Out

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS ONLY.

Scenario: Every player quickly learns that contract money is great. But now you want more. You’re going to branch out and start your own business in your town.

Written Task: Write 150 words or more about your player’s new business. Do you have a retail store? What services or product are you selling? How are you going to tie in your hockey career to the business?

Graphic Task: Design either the storefront for your business with at least two custom forms of signage, or an advertisement flyer that your potential customers would receive in the mail. It should have your company name and some sort of promotional offer included in the flyer.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will be due on Monday, August 6th, at 7:00 PM EST.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Viktor Marius, unknown to many is actually a talented musician, often bringing his guitar around with him on road trips, spending quiet time in an arena seat with his guitar and a coffee, either writing or just playing around as a pregame ritual, but recently, to branch out to the masses, Marius has been live streaming him playing on Instagram live to his fans. The live streams have been a really great way to Marius to reach his audience and fans, but also showcases his second favourite past time and life long passion. Due to the recent success and the push from the social media department in the SHL, the rising star is having a break out season with the Stampede and has been pressured into starting a Youtube channel to post his recorded instagram live videos, but also showcase his music and art. The exposure has brought new fans to the Stampede and the SHL as Marius being one of the most marketable stars have made the NHL really jealous of his world wide notoriety and appeal.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 01:42 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: dms3nlf.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Piotr Czerkawski didn't have much time to think about his post ice hockey career, but he comes from the entrepreneurs family and they have some ideas how to use his sport pedigree to promote new business idea. No money is enough, even though he has a juicy contract - of course basic idea is to open sports retail store that will be seling all possible sporting equipment from sports Czerkawski and his closes buddies are involved: sticks, pucks, equipment for hockey, bats, balls, jerseys for the baseball and football related stuff that I don't know names for. Not only it will be about selling stuff but as he has a plenty of connections tie a sporting school there, where you could ask most fable players for private trainings, which is great plan not only for post retirement, but even now to get to know even more potential future players, prospects and stars which should pay huge dividends in the future, both on the rink and off.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

When you have money it is only a smart thing to use it and not just spend but spend it smart, which often includes purchases that have value and whose value might go up, for example a house or piece of a land, but besides that it is also a good idea to invest your money to make more money or have a contingency plan if your initial plan goes wrong, in this case your sports career ends suddenly or ends in general. Teo comes from a place and a background where saving money and thinking about how you spend your money was really important. It is just now that he can go into any shop and buy anything he likes without thinking how much it costs, is there any place where he could get it cheaper and save some cash. So besides the apartments and a summer house that he has bought he have also partnered up with Brian Veil who is a businessman and they together have opened a Diamond Store which sells various jewelries and also watches and other accessories. The store is called "Sugar Diamonds" from Latvian translation of Teodor's surname. The store also have exclusive section where you can buy the companies unique male and female watches with Sugar Diamond logo that are almost like collectors items and are made in limited amount each model. Teodors have already flashed his own brand watches that are made by Swiss watchmaker TISSOT.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Joseph Lombardi has been known as a sports geek. He owns a lot of old SHL trading cards, has a bunch of old pennants, and enjoys playing old video games. "I figured, why not share my love for old sports memorabilia with the public?" Joey said. "It's something I've been thinking of for a real long time." So, before the season started, Joseph opened Joey's Trading Cards and Memorabilia in San Francisco. The store sells many things. SHL trading cards from the past to the present? "We got 'em." says Joseph. Game programs and team yearbooks from every SHL and SMJHL team ever? "Yep, we got them too." Video games including his beloved SHL 37? "Of course we have SHL games in stock." The store also has old pennants ("From every SHL and SMJHL team dating back to S5"), jerseys ("Definetly our top seller"), and the SHL and SMJHL sticker books ("Complete with sticker packs too"). Joseph's even thinking about expansion. "When I retire, I plan on opening one in every city I played in." says Joseph. The spot's already been designated as a nerd heaven in San Francisco, and business shows no sign of slowing down.
202 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Once Vladimir Vaskov started out with his contract money, he decided that it he would invest the money into a company that helps fringe SHL players get more media opportunities by distributing beauty products. The name of this product will be called #HockeyBeautyProduct that would help everything from a greasy flow to under-developed facial hair. Seeing how popular pyramid schemes are with teenage white girls, he decided to distribute the product by offering the product-selling kit for $500 and taking a 15% cut from the distributor's profits. Vaskov will then offer the seller $200 for every five friends that they recruit. The target market for this product is young, white, cocky SMJHL players that want the edge up on their competition on, and off, the ice. Vaskov is predicting that the sellers will make very little money and will be forced to recruit more people into selling and increase the market share of his product. Vladimir will start advertising his new company by getting a tattoo of #HockeyBeautyProduct on his face like 6ix9ine.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Tommy Tuck has something that seems a little out of the ordinary for a giant of a man at 6’7 and 350 pounds. Most people think he would go into some other type of business, for example, like his own body guard business or something along those lines, but not Tommy Tuck. You see, Tommy has always had a passion for animals, and therefore Tommy opened up his own pet shoppe. His shop is a great place for people in Toronto to bring their pets, it is basically a pet spa. Tommy gets to play and love animals all day and he gets paid for it as well! It is something that has always been on Tuck’s mind, giving back to the people as well as not having to deal really with people since Tommy is sort of a loner. Tommy’s Pet Shoppe in Toronto is a wonderful business that will be expanding soon to other cities in Canada.

(159 words)

After being forced by his father, GM of the Texas Renegades, to take a highly reduced salary on his rookie contract, prospect Daniel Karlsson decided he needed to find a way to supplement his income, and the best way to do that was to establish a medicinal marijuana business based in the state of his birth, California. Daniel has long been an advocate of the health benefits of cannabinoids and so this was a natural step for him to take, establishing the first retail store of "Karl's Kush" in downtown LA. As someone who has been rumoured to enjoy partaking in the devil's lettuce following a tough hockey game, the move to enter a business in which he held great passion has been reflected in the enthusiasm Karlsson has for his brand, and the work he has put in to help it be successful. It isn't always easy to manage it whilst dealing with all the commitments of his full time career, but the team he has in place have been a big help in making it a success.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2018, 06:59 PM by StaticShocked.)

(174 words)

I’ve decided to expand into my favorite part about the game of hockey: the jerseys. I plan to open up 50 stores across the continental United States and 10 stores in the provinces that sell exclusively SHL jerseys. Stores can be found in each SHL team’s city, as well as in various malls around North America. The stores found in an SHL team’s city will sell game-worn jerseys for their team (for example, the store located in Seattle will sell Riot game-worn jerseys, the store in Hamilton will sell Steelhawks-worn jerseys, etc.) Each store will be stocked with all 14 current SHL teams jerseys, as well as the 8 SMJHL teams. You can buy replicas or authenticate for incredible prices, and each game-worn jersey purchased comes with a certificate of authenticity, and all profits generated will go towards fighting cancer. I’ll call my stores “Zajac’s House of Jerseys”. It seems like a great idea to make SHL hockey more available to people, and it might even recruit people to join the league itself!

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Mikhail Petrikov can be an artist in his spare time. His favorite thing to do is create custom jerseys. So, the obvious choice for a buisness would be designing and producing jerseys for beer league teams. Having already designed the jerseys for the Anchorage Armada, he has a pedegree that is matched by few currently designing jerseys. He has already had multiple people come to ask him about designs, so he would have an easy time starting his buisness. Conviniently, this is an endeavor that can been done mostly online, as there isnt much for buisness down in Texas. Although he isnt as good at logo design, most teams that come to him already have something in mind, and usually its as easy as finding a logo online and changing the color. Although it is always funny when someone comes in with a specific idea, and then Petrikov changes their mind with a better one.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 12:29 PM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: Ron.jpg]

[Image: Mack_2.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

DMS has recently been working behind the scenes with a certain DSFL GOAT to bring this new magical elixir to the Seattle Riot. Currently only available in Tijuana and Yellowknife, THAD's Tijuana Tequila Titties (or QTs for short) is the official sponsor of both the Luchadores and the Wraiths. THAD and DMS have been working closely to foster a working business relationship as well as add new products to the line. Currently in development, under a working name, is THAD's Yellowknife Tequila Titties. This new product is looking to be launched when THAD and his trust dog Lad, make the Leap from the Mexican wasteland to the Canadian tundra. The next item to be offered is most likely going to be some form of a Seattle Craft Beer with DMS leading the charge on marketing and distribution in the Emerald City. The goal with this Craft is to make one that pairs well with @Mike Izzy's Izzy Dogs. Keep your eye's peeled for more news.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

[Image: zq7jIMB.jpg]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Written Task: Write 150 words or more about your player’s new business. Do you have a retail store? What services or product are you selling? How are you going to tie in your hockey career to the business?

Lavelle when the time comes to retire and hang up his cleats ugh I mean skates of course, he will opt to pursue a career in sports retail. More specifically, football goods. Lavelle unknown to many had a trial with the Canadian NSFL franchise, Yellowknife Wraiths prior to being drafted by the St. Louis Scarecrows nearly five seasons ago to this date.

Yellowknife recently captured their first ever NSFL Ultimus title this past offseason and Lavelle has followed them ever since they extended the opportunity to join the team way back in S1. Lavelle will sell strictly Yellowknife merchandise such as jerseys of players like Akselsen, Cook, Kennedy, Maddox and McPoyal. As well as this he will sell actual autographs, signed pictures, bobble heads, you know the works.

How will Lavelle tie his hockey career into this? By using his contacts from the SHL and SMJHL to hook himself up with suppliers and possibly open up a chain of retail stores around the north american region.