Create Account

Regression Curve

08-17-2018, 07:19 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-17-2018, 07:10 PMMike Izzy Wrote: ahhh this suggestion is looking to make a change just for the sake of a change. Theres no data to back this up as the league doesnt have a problem with our players staying too long.. weve seen in the NHL with a guy like Jagr and in baseball with Bartolo that the accasional odd duck will stick around playing 25+ years for the love of the game, so theres presidence that this happens IRL..so no reason why it shouldnt happen here. again most players recreate way before 20 seasons out of boredom or frustration of regression..

Nobody is advocating for a hard cap of seasons played, though. But if a player can theoretically be a first liner indefinitely is that not kind of problematic?

That doesn't sound like @Nobody

08-17-2018, 12:47 PMKing Wrote:
08-17-2018, 12:25 PMDanbyRem Wrote: GOMHL has the best regression system.

What is it?

hell

so GOMHL has a 500 tpe cap, 8 tpe activity checks, and no junior league. Now, regression rules are as follows:

-Regression will occur after the player has played 6 seasons after their draft.
-Regression is as follows:
-1st season: -50 TPE
-2nd season: -75 TPE
-3rd season: -100 TPE
-4th season: -125 TPE
-5th season: -150 TPE
-6th season: -175 TPE
-7th season: -200 TPE
-If a player ever reaches 0 TPE, they are automatically retired.
-During regression, a player will have slowed down and thus can only earn 3 TPE/week from the activity check and can still complete media.

so yea your player will die

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

08-17-2018, 12:19 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-17-2018, 12:14 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I can see a system that absolutely destroys a player past a certain point. Will be pretty silly if Esa is sticking around on Calgary's first line five seasons from now.
Jakarta’s first line*

I, for one, am fully in favour of a relocation

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Selfishly I don’t like this because I want to be able to have the same career tenure as others

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I stay with my opinion! the send down seasons shouldnt count for regression!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

The current regression system is definitely broken since just like King said you can keep your player at around 600-900TPE forever. Goalies could definitely abuse this the most. I like the idea of not being able to earn any TPE after a player has played 30 seasons.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-18-2018, 08:37 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: I stay with my opinion! the send down seasons shouldnt count for regression!

Does anyone actually start in the SHL right out of the Draft anymore? Seems like the SMJHL is LOADED with send downs.

Perhaps regression should start at season 13 instead of 10 to make it easier to track? Then just tweak the scale a bit on the back end so older players eventually die off.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

08-18-2018, 07:51 PMSchultzy Wrote:
08-18-2018, 08:37 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: I stay with my opinion! the send down seasons shouldnt count for regression!

Does anyone actually start in the SHL right out of the Draft anymore? Seems like the SMJHL is LOADED with send downs.

Perhaps regression should start at season 13 instead of 10 to make it easier to track? Then just tweak the scale a bit on the back end so older players eventually die off.

its very quickly to find out when someone was be send down! I would stay just with the seasons a player is be an send down! because some play SHL after one season as send down ... the most after two and rarely (mostly the semi-active without enough TPE) three seasons.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

08-17-2018, 03:27 PMTommySalami Wrote: What if we get really complicated and add ranges of regression, so we can have the occasional real long careers, or screw someone over.

11-14: 5-15%
15-17: 10-20%
18-20: 15-25%
21-24: 20-30%
25-27: 20-40%
27: 20-45%
28: 20-50%
29: 20-55%

We could make a live stream where we release each players regression and watch the saltiness unfold.

Honestly, I like this. You could tie it in with weekly trainings and how often they hit the TPE cap per season. Say the first range is 5-15%. If you hit your cap every season and trained each week (maybe allowing 1 missed week for "shit happens") then the range is narrowed to 5-10%, then a 6 sided dice is rolled. Roll: 1 = 6%, 2 = 7%, 3 = 8%, 4 = 9%, 5 = 10%, 6 = 5% or something like that. It's complicated... but I kinda like adding a small bit of randomness that allows for some people to have longevity and some people to have a little bad luck... especially since injuries is turned off. Unless we turn on injuries....

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

This is not needed.  Regression is fine as is.

It's very rare that a player plays 20+ seasons. Even more rare that a player plays 25.  Changing rules based on anomalies like myself that in turn effect everyone just isn't needed. I think I'm already the longest tenured player ever, maybe McKeil played 25. Don't worry, I'll be retiring soon.  I'm only still here because Calgary needs wingers and I'm a low cost solution who's mildly effective.

It's rare a player stays super active for 20+ seasons. That being said, the SHL has always been a place where you can have your career on your terms and I think that's what separates us from leagues like VHL, etc. We should never lose sight of this.

We only have a handful of players making it to 2000tpe, if you worked that hard you've earned the right and should be always allowed to have a 20yr career as an effective player if you choose.. That's what the SHL is all about. I would hate to see us force people into retirement or make it more harsh at the higher end. It already hurts enough and you have to really battle to stick around once at 20 seasons.

Don't make a change that effects everyone because one or two players are still playing. I came up as a true rookie in S18, I highly doubt we'll  have many if any more players make it to 25 seasons. Again, I think it's happened once, maybe twice in league history. The average high end player probably retires around 15 seasons, the top end guys can make 20, rarely does anyone go 25.

We're fine as is. Keep the SHL a league where the rare player can be Jaromir Jagr if you've worked hard enough. Not everyone wants to play that long so I don't think it's an issue. There comes a point around 20 seasons where people naturally want to retire and the current system at 20% helps that decision. I'd be gone already if my team didn't still need me to fill a complimentary role in the line up.

my 2 cents for what it's worth.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 03:37 PM by GoonerBear.)

I'm with Steel on this. The rules that apply to everyone shouldn't change for want of the few exceptions. It takes a lot to be in that exceptional category, and by the time someone hits that, they've earned the status and associated perks. If someone wants to keep a player into their 40s despite constantly backsliding to 640 TPE and having to stay on top of things just to get back to the break-even point at 800, that's on them. If a team wants to keep that kind of player, that's on them. There's enough in this system as it stands so younger players can overtake silver skaters on the depth charts and in the rankings.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

08-17-2018, 11:34 AMKing Wrote: I looked at a few TPE earners who really stand out in their class

(S39) Karey
288 at the end of season 1.
448 at the end of season 2
608 at the end of season 3.
804 at the end of season 4.
Karey gained 133, 160, 160 196
Oof

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-08-2018, 09:24 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-17-2018, 11:34 AMKing Wrote: I looked at a few TPE earners who really stand out in their class

(S39) Karey
288 at the end of season 1.
448 at the end of season 2
608 at the end of season 3.
804 at the end of season 4.
Karey gained 133, 160, 160 196
Oof

yo dawg don't do me next
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 02:11 PM by King.)

There isn't really a need for more to become anomalies before fixing a hole in the system. You can be 100 years old and still be a starting goalie, 2nd line forward, or 2nd pairing defensemen in the SHL.

So far it sounds like peoples response to this has been. Yes the system has a hole in it, and yes it can be exploited, but not that many people will exploit it so not a big deal to change it. Why not just plug it up before any have the chance to?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 03:29 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

I am fine with plugging the hole, seems like a no-brainer. Not sure I'd go as crazy as many have suggested, just go simple and add one more stage of regression that's like 25% or 30% after 25 seasons.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]