Create Account

Williams Looks Forward to All-Star Game

Nicholas Williams Looks Forwards To All-Star Game

With the St. Louis Scarecrows not making the SMJHL Playoffs, Williams wondered when the next time he would get to play on the ice. This week brought some surprises for him and fellow Scarecrows, when King announced the roster for the SMJHL All-Star game. While a lot of great player made the team, 6 St. Louis players made the team. Adam Taylor, Goku Muerto, Kiko Rytmeyr, Nicky Pedersen Jr, Lil Manius, and Nicholas Williams will be playing together once again on a loaded team with lots of offensive power. We had a chance to sit down with Williams before the game.

Being named an SMJHL All-Star must be pretty exciting, how did you react to the news?
I was ecstatic. Seeing the roster and all the great players on there really has me pumped for tonight.

You are joined by some fellow Scarecrows, any particular player you are looking forward to play with?
Well me and Adam Taylor played quite a bit on the third line together in St. Louis, so that's going to be fun to play with him again. We have great chemistry on and off the ice it would be a shame to separate us. Also Kiko (Rytmeyr) is one of my favorite defensemen in the league, and would love to see some more ice time with him. I'm excited to see the Kovacs brothers tear it up out there, those two have a bright future in the SHL and it would be amazing to share the ice with them on the same team for once. 

Any players on the other team you excited to play against?
Colorado's Philipp Winter. He is going to be a huge threat in the SHL in a few years. It be nice to see his style of play with top players in his conference. Another would be Luke Thomason, he had one hell of a season and is one of the player that could be taken first overall in this years SHL draft.

What are you looking forward to after the All-Star game?
World Juniors. I cannot wait to represent team USA. Hopefully I can work hard enough to get on that roster and play with some of the greatest players in the world. Also, the upcoming draft. I'm excited to see where I will land in the SHL.

While we have you here, what are your thoughts on the draft, and where do you think you'll land?
This draft is going to be huge. A lot of teams will be getting some elite talent with high ceilings. While I want to be taken in the first round, being drafted anywhere in the second would be okay too. Hopefully I can play on a team with a great locker room, I think I'm spoiled in the St. Louis Locker room. There is always someone there, be it GMs, Alumni, rookies or vets.

Thank you for your time and we can't wait to see your performance tonight!
Thank you!

With the all-star game happening tonight, Williams will be on the third line with fellow Scarecrows, Goku Muerto and Adam Taylor. We also have received word that he has applied for Team USA's GM position for this years tournament. We will sit down with Williams again before the draft. 

[625]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Looking forward to face off against you too man.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]