Create Account

Getting to know the Steelhawks – Sadboi Albums edition
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2018, 01:15 AM by Sleepy.)

So, for those of you that know me on any level you know that music is a real important thing to me and that I love the Hamilton Steelhawks a lot. I kinda look at must as a form of therapy and I truly believe that your music choices are a very outward self expression of your personality. I know a lot of you may not know who these bands are, but I highly encourage you to check them out if you so choose. There are going to be some great tunes in the following media piece and represent my people on the SHL. I tried to pick albums that were representative of their personality or some other part of them or simply picked the albums that reminded me of them the most. I kinda wanted to piggyback off of Nour’s music post to talk about more music while also showing some love for my teammates. Hope ya’ll enjoy. In case any of ya'll were interested I also posted the album cover and if you click on it, it'll take you to the spotify link for the album

[Image: 0.jpg]
@formx – oso oso - the yunahon mixtape

formy, i love you. You’re a great guy and I think the league doesn’t appreciate you as much as it probably should. Personally, I know you mean well and you’re fun to have in discord. You’re an incredibly underrated user so i picked an incredibly underrated album for you. Ily buddy, I hope all is well with you.

[Image: 220px-In_Tongues_Joji.png]
@Waters – Joji – In Tongues

This was a hard pick for because I wanted to do right by my boy. I threw a couple of ideas around but this was eventually what I landed on. I think it is one of the more unique sounding albums that is going to picked but mirroring that, you are one of the most unique users on the SHL. I know people have their problems with you because of your past, but frankly you are one of, if not the, main reason why I want to continue on with the SHL. You are an amazing person and I absolutely love you and think of you as a brother. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions about things, but the ones who hold negatives opinions about you are frankly wrong and should take the time to learn who you really are. I love you my guy. Thanks for being one of my best friends the past year.

[Image: 220px-Welcome_to_the_Black_Parade_cover.jpg]
@DrunkenTeddy– Welcome to the Black Parade

Tedders, you are like my adventure dad. I remember when we were first establishing our friendship and I would follow you around in PUBG like a lost dog trying to figure out what the fuck i was doing. Hence, adventure dad. So, I gave you one of the most adventurous and brave emo albums of all time. There are arguments out there, both for and against, MCR about their status as an emo band. Frankly, I think it doesn’t matter all that much and WttBP is one of the best rock opera’s/concept albums of all time You deserve to be held in such high regard as well. This is one classic album for one classic dude. Thanks for being a great friend over the past year, here’s to many more buddy.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F1e00f8...x630x1.jpg]
@Loco – The Antlers - Hospice

This is legitimately the saddest albums of all time and I cant in my good mind recommend that anyone listen to it unless you are feeling particularly ballsy. Loco introduced me to this album sometime last year and it has yet to fail at making me cry like a big dumb idiot when i listen to it. Loco, you’re a swell dude and I know you don’t really come around here anymore I really appreciate you friendship, your memes, and your sense of humor. Please come hangout with us more. I hope all is well.

[Image: v600_TH_WDWWC_FRNT_LRG_WEB.jpg]
@adamantium – Tangled Hair - We Do What We Can

This was obviously a real tough choice for me. Mostly because Adam is so well versed musically I didn’t want to pick anything that would insult him. So I went with one of my favorite released of 2018 and once I went in that direction, this pick became kinda a no brainer to me. This album has a lot of parallels to my good friend Adam, they’re both incredibly passionate, reassuring that life is a great big jumbled mess and we’re just hurtling through space on a giant ass rock and they lift me up when I’m feeling down. Stay golden my friend.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Ffe8329...1000x1.jpg]
@nour – Moose Blood - I’ll Keep You in Mind, From Time to Time

This was also a really tough choice for me because nour is a great friend and we’ve shared a lot of great music with one another but I wanted to pick something that I thought really represented him as a person. Much like nour, this album comes with a lot of different layers and speak about some issues that hit really close to home for me. Nour is a really lovable person and a great friend that often offers great advice to me so I wanted something that represented his happy-go-lucky personality mixed with somber, level headed sage wisdom. Nour, I love you and thanks for being such a good friend.

[Image: Pity_Sex_-_Feast_of_Love.jpg?1428425959]
@Tylar – Pity Sex - Feast of Love

Yes, there actually is a band named Pity Sex. Tylar, you are a great person and it has been amazing to share a locker room with you the past little while. The thing about Ty though, is that he is incredibly self depreciative – to a fault. So I wanted to pick a bit of an underrated band that kinda left the emo scene a little too early for my taste. Ty, keep on keepin on my guy Sami is a great player and you are far from a bust.

[Image: a4149567399_10.jpg]
@Gooney – Free Throw - Those Days are Gone

Gooney, you are one of my favorite people in the entire world, so I had to pick one of my favorite emo albums of all time for you. The great thing about this band is that while they’re songs cover deep and soul crushing issues such as dating in the internet age, failed relationships, self hate, and just general “I hate my life” angst, the song titles are funny and full of puns. Just like you, Gooney, a complex person on the inside but all lovable and fun on the outside. Buy some fucking beans you idiot I hope you had a great day <3

[Image: rfc104.jpg]
@ThatDamnMcJesus – Tigers Jaw - Charmer

Hallsy, despite your bad rap around the SHL you are a wonderful person so I had to pick one of my top 3 albums of all time for you. When I’m sad and feeling down, have a big decision, to make, or just need to get myself through a tough time I throw Charmer on and melt away into the sweet and sultry voices of Brianna Collins and Ben Walsh as they help me deal with my problems. Thanks for being you, big guy, and thanks for talking me through some hard times recently. You mean a lot to me.

[Image: 51ZuKD6%2BPVL._SS500.jpg]
@Cynthia – Forests - Sun Eat Moon Grave Party

Cyn, even though we’ve shared a locker room for a hot minute now, I don’t really know a whole bunch about you so I decided to pick an album/band that I know little about but are really growing on me. Much like you, even though you’ve been more successful with other teams in the SHL, I appreciate you and your time that you’ve spent in Hamilton as you have been a great addition to our locker room and a team favorite to banter with. Keep it real, yo.

[Image: a2496410858_10.jpg]
@SmegKingma – I love your Lifestyle - We Go Way Back

I didn’t want to pigeonhole myself to picking albums puring based on defining personal traits like location or similar things, BUT I really couldn’t help myself and I had to pick the only swedish emo band I know for you. You’ve been a great friend and I really, really, really enjoy talking to you and I am so happy you are finally in Hamilton because that is something we have wanted for the past 4 seasons or so. I am so excited to have you on the team for the foreseeable future. Also BRUINS BROTHERS WE WINNING THE CUP THIS SEASON BOIIIIIIIIIIIII

[Image: 1493906728158]
@Narconis – Macseal - Yeah, No, I know

WELCOME TO THE FUCKIN SHOW BUDDY!! I’m so happy to have you up this season and contributing to the team. I picked this album for you because Its a solid. Solid….kinda...like a wall. Kinda….like you’ll be in net for us. I wish you’d pop up in discord more often but we’re all super pumped for you and happy you’re part of the team.

[Image: 227631.jpg]
@QuantumCowboy – Trophy Eyes - Chemical Miracle

This album has some fuckin bops on it just like you skate around the ice a bop people. I seriously miss you and I hope your life is going well because you’re an awesome guy and I think I speak for all of us when I saw we miss having you around. I hope you eventually make your way back to the SHL. Come hang whenever you can Smile

[Image: rfc077_1.jpg]
@Jakub – Turnover - Magnolia

Megggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Meg. Meg. I miss you. I know you’re busy living your life and working and going to school but you are great so I picked one of the all-time great emo albums for you. This is another one coming from my top 3 of all time as I think it suits you very well. There isn’t a single bad song on this album. I know you have your history with the league but you have been nothing but an awesome person from my time here and that’s all I’m going to judge you on, so fuck the haters. Live your life boo.

Prospects

[Image: Foxing-The-Albatross-album-cover.jpg]
@Good_Ole_Kimmy – Foxing – The Albatross

You have been an absolute treat to have in discord the past little while since the draft. You my friend, are going to prove to be the steal of your class. I was so hype to be able to pick you when we did this past season. So, for you, I’m picking one of my favorite throwback albums that is always a lot of fun to listen to for me. Welcome to the team buddy, I’m excited to get to know you over the foreseeable future.

[Image: 3a9d7a66.jpg]
@lespoils – American Football - Self Titled

I’m picking another classic for you here as I don’t really know you well and in the off chance that people actually decide to listen to these albums, I want them and you to have something of quality to listen to. I don’t really know you all that well but you seem like a good dude to have around. I hope you’re settling into school well and I look forward to having you on the team in the future!

[Image: a0168011684_10.jpg]
@notorioustig – Oliver Houston - Whatever Works.

Whatever works was one of my favorite albums from 2017. This album is an absolute blast to listen to. I hope that you enjoy it if you listen to it at some point but I do think that you will really enjoy it. In fact, I hope you enjoy it as much as you will enjoy being in Hamilton. Picking you this last draft was a real no brainer and I’m glad you’re excited to be around. Good luck this season man! I hope you find some success in the J and i’m excited to see what you do with your player!

[Image: 268x0w.jpg]
@Snappy – Tiny Moving Parts - Swell

Its always fun when you participate in the LR so I’m picking a really fun emo album for you as well. I know you like siege and appreciate siege memes on the same level as I do and I really appreciate you for that. I wish my internet wasn’t shitty and you had a PC so we could R6 together. I look forward to seeing what direction you are going to take your player!

[Image: 98191819.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160128205730]
@Ashes – sports. Demon Daze

I know that sometimes its hard for you to be around with the rest of us because of such a huge time difference so I decided to pick a band for you that i often end up listening to late at night when you can actually be around. I hope things are going well for my guy. You’re a cool dude and I’m glad we were able to snag you in the draft a little while back when we did.  

Anyways, I thank ya'll for reading if you made it this far.

Also, on another note. I had a lot of fun doing this and I kinda want to start another project where I do this for members outside of the Steelhawks. So if you want to be included in another rendition of this article, tag me in the comments and let me know and I'll include you in the next edition! I'll probably more than likely include other genre's of music in that as well.

Against, thanks for reading. Hope ya'll have a wonderful night. f

Code:
the word count things said 2762. ready for grading. I'd like a fat bonus as well cause....well....cause...you know...money.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

you're such a fuckin indie kid, christ <3

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

ilu sleepy

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

09-08-2018, 01:09 AMadamantium Wrote: you're such a fuckin indie kid, christ <3

you love it and you know it

Sleepy I love you so fuckin much dood

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Dis is real good bud.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

tbh i think my bad rep is still following me from back in the day and I know sometimes it can come back in places but honestly i feel like im a different person for the most part from back in the day. thats why i feel bad when i see people like asspancakes and shit get undrafted and they want to be involved in this league.

09-08-2018, 01:26 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: tbh i think my bad rep is still following me from back in the day and I know sometimes it can come back in places but honestly i feel like im a different person for the most part from back in the day. thats why i feel bad when i see people like asspancakes and shit get undrafted and they want to be involved in this league.

while i definitely agree with you that people change because like you said, you have first hand experience with that. Its not something that just happens overnight. I feel like AP can get a second chance for sure, but he'll have to demonstrate that his previous behavior wont be the norm going forward before anything like that can happen. I know it might sound a bit extreme at the moment but if he really wants to show that he can grow from his mistakes staying active and participating on the forums in a good manor will be a good way to demonstrate that.

Also, it sucks that he has a 25 game suspension because someone would really need to invest into him for that to be cleared. Its just a tough situation all together.

09-08-2018, 01:39 AMSleepy Wrote:
09-08-2018, 01:26 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: tbh i think my bad rep is still following me from back in the day and I know sometimes it can come back in places but honestly i feel like im a different person for the most part from back in the day. thats why i feel bad when i see people like asspancakes and shit get undrafted and they want to be involved in this league.

while i definitely agree with you that people change because like you said, you have first hand experience with that. Its not something that just happens overnight. I feel like AP can get a second chance for sure, but he'll have to demonstrate that his previous behavior wont be the norm going forward before anything like that can happen. I know it might sound a bit extreme at the moment but if he really wants to show that he can grow from his mistakes staying active and participating on the forums in a good manor will be a good way to demonstrate that.

Also, it sucks that he has a 25 game suspension because someone would really need to invest into him for that to be cleared. Its just a tough situation all together.

tbh i kinda agree with you but like this dude just wants to talk hockey and be part of a team u know. i just feel bad that there is some guy that is getting excluded. he has drinking problems and stuff like that and instant of giving the help that he needs we are excluding him and honestly shows teh character of the smjhl gms.

s l e e p y so qt

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm clearly old AF because I think I recognized like one of those bands. Regardless I'll hit up youtube. Also, honored to be on the team. I will try to be more active in Discord but admittedly I'm not very good at it. Occasionally I get shitfaced and chat tho.... I think @DrunkenTeddy can confirm

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

09-08-2018, 01:04 PMNarconis Wrote: I'm clearly old AF because I think I recognized like one of those bands.  Regardless I'll hit up youtube.  Also, honored to be on the team.  I will try to be more active in Discord but admittedly I'm not very good at it.  Occasionally I get shitfaced and chat tho.... I think @DrunkenTeddy can confirm

Can confirm, also old af, and you're hilarious when shit faced.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

YES <Napoleon Dynamite>

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

<3 Siege Memes

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]