Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Pre Series Analysis

West Kendall Platoon vs. Hamilton Steelhawks

- I think with looking at many of the predictions many expect the Platoon to just roll over and bow out in 5 games of less. I mean, yes we struggled to make it to the dance this season, but the Platoon like to ride the roller coaster when it comes to bowing tot he STHS gods, but when you look at the depth of the roster in comparison to what the steelhawks are fielding, I think people are selling us super short. Expect this to last at least 6, and the Platoon having a good chance to finishing it in 6 themselves.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 03:35 PM by jRuutu.)

Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot

I expect Brett Kennedy to be a real difference maker, he is center who is not afraid to get his hands dirty. He hits everything that moves and is right at home in front of the net, if he manages to park his giant frame into the slot, there is no way you can move him without taking a penalty, so would not surprise me at all if Brett leads Riot in scoring and also at the same time is the key figure in Seattle going through to the second round.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 03:39 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

10-05-2018, 02:01 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
This week on Wednesday Night Rivalry
pride vs. Riot

In this first round matchup we have the #2 seed Riot of Seattle play host to the Pride of Los Angeles. In what is another playoff birth for the City of LA, they sure have a lot to offer in the City. The Dodgers are currently taking on the Atlanta Braves in the Divisional Series. The NBA season is about to tip off the newest member of the LA Community, Lebron James, has gone out an made it know he will be at Game 3 and rooting for his Seattle Riot. As far as the series goes, we already have some blood boiling as current Riot player, and former Prider, Joseph Lombardi has already gone out on social media and started throwing shade at his former team. In this writers opinion the Riot are going to stand tall over the Pride (4-2), despite going 1-2-3 in the regular season.

Quote:
[Image: dms_thing.png?width=400&height=231]
Lebron receiving his honorary jersey

Let me hit you with some facts real quick. It's the LA Panthers not LA Pride

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

...wait. what? montreal? 6th seed? again? youve got to be fuckin' kiddin' me. great. i haven't even been here long and i know what that means. see ya in the second round boys.

10-07-2018, 01:23 PMml002 Wrote: Kelowna vs Detroit

A player I expect to show up big is my boy Benjamin Blue. With a suspect defense in front of him, he'll need to be at his best, but the former goalie of the year has shown that he is more than capable in the past.

Who do you expect to win the series? Blue has been really good behind a rough defense, but do you think that's enough to get the Knights past the Firebirds who have a guy like Robinson in net?

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

10-05-2018, 11:40 AMGrilledTwinkiez Wrote: Hot take: the knights will win it all again. Making it 4 four star cups in a row because they are the best franchise in the history of the SMJHL

Anything can happen, but I find it hard to believe that the Knights to could win three series in a row with the suspect D corps they have. Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I see Detroit taking this one. But it's okay because they'll get swept in the next round.

10-05-2018, 11:51 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: Calgary Dragons vs. Winnipeg Jets: How do you see that match up playing out?

A storied rivalry in the SHL comes to a head once again in the playoffs. In this match up, I see the Jets winning quite handily. The Dragons are a bunch of over-achievers who have lucked their way into everything they've ever accomplished. The Jets have dominated the regular season this year and looked primed to make a deep run. The Dragons won't be the team to stop that. I see Winnipeg winning in 5 games, with Jason Visser flexing his muscles and taking the series over.

Gotta agree with you on the winners. Winnipeg is just too strong of a team. Visser is isn't showing any signs of slowing down after his 70 point season. I think that alone is enough to get the Jets past the aging core of players they have. Roman Augustus is the only saving grace Calgary has, but his move to offense has weakened their defense enough for it to be a bit of an issue for them in my opinion.

10-07-2018, 03:43 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: Montreal Militia vs. Colorado Raptors

...wait. what? montreal? 6th seed? again? youve got to be fuckin' kiddin' me. great. i haven't even been here long and i know what that means. see ya in the second round boys.

On top of how Montreal has done as the 6th seed in the past, Colorado has had a rough season. I wouldn't favor the raptors against any team this season, let alone the 6th seed wonder Militia.

10-05-2018, 09:44 AMAce Wrote: I expect Mike Izzy to struggle against the Jets because he'll be too busy outside the arena slinging #IzzyDogs and trying to diversify his financial portfolio to make more real estate investments for #LandIzzy.

I don't see any way Izzy doesn't pot at least three goals this series. And if I'm being honest I've been looking at getting a summer home in #LandIzzy so he must be doing something right.

10-05-2018, 10:10 AM39alaska39 Wrote: Calgary Dragons va Winnipeg Jets 

Both GMs in this matchup are extremely talented, with Flappy as the young up and comer for the Jets and Steelhead as the veteran legend who has been there before and won before. At the end of the day though, I’ll take Steelhead’s experience and past success to make the right tactical decisions with the season on the line for the Dragons

Yep, I see it the same way. Flappy is the youngster looking to prove himself at the highest level, but man it's hard to argue with the experience of Steelhead77. Wouldn't be surprised at either one of them pulling a trick from up their sleeve, but you gotta go with the proven guy in Steelhead until Flappy outdoes him.

10-05-2018, 10:21 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: Los Angeles Panthers vs. Seattle Riot

This should be a close contest between two evenly-matched teams. However, I'm going with the Riot in 6. They've been on form over the back end of the season.
Alexander Zajac is my key player. He's an underrated talent who's just had a great season.

So true, Zajac has been great as Seattle's 1C. I wonder about his future success though. He's reaching his peak at what seems like the tail end of his career. The depth of Seattle is going to have to come up big, otherwise I'm afraid Zajac may not get a cup for he retires which would just be a tragedy.

10-05-2018, 10:14 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: Dragons vs Jets:

Bold Prediction! The Jets low man, Troy McClure III,  will get as many points (5) as he did all season in this series, and will end the series with a plus 3.

Further more, no defenseman will have a game winning goal.

Not sure I see McClure III getting 5 points, but if he's as solid as he was in the regular season TM3 is going to the rookie of the playoffs. This guy is seriously underrated right now.

10-05-2018, 10:24 AMBeaver Wrote: Stop me if you've heard this before.

3 seed Colorado.

6 seed Montreal.

I don't know what Colorado did to piss off the sim gods but they seem destined to fall to meme magic once again. Militia in 7.

Are you kidding? Militia in 5, EZPZ.

10-06-2018, 10:21 AMcpetrella Wrote: Riot vs  Panthers

I see this one playing out as the Seattle Riot continuing their hot streak by beating the Panthers in 5 games on the backs of Clint Eastwood and Louie Garrett. They will surprise everyone and come out full force to win the series handily

How times change, eh? The Panthers were a playoff lock a few seasons ago. Definitely gotta expect Seattle to come out on top in this one as long as Johnny Yuma is able to stand tall out there. They definitely have the more talented team, now they just need to make sure the win the corsi game.

Buffalo Stampede vs. Minnesota Chiefs
This is it, finally the year Buffalo goes in the 2nd round. For the forwards, I'm giving a small advantage for Minnesota but for the d-men and goalie, Buffalo is a lot better and it's not even close. I'm predicting Buffalo in 5