Create Account

Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ

12-11-2018, 10:21 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
12-11-2018, 10:10 PMGrapehead Wrote: why didn't you say "capped" for the goalie tho?

Because I was typing on mobile while eating a dairy queen blizzard and didn't think about it Tongue

[Image: 2OUp.gif]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-11-2018, 09:45 PMTomen Wrote: Imagine if Merica and Maxy didn't change the SMJHL from where we had conferences and every team made the playoffs to no conference and 2 teams miss.

Conferences sucked. I love the balanced "everyone plays everyone 7 times with a +1" so much more.

While i go back and forth on the "missing playoffs" part (i was VERY against this at first), it's actually turned out to be pretty good for the league and has made things more exciting in the regular season each time, with battles for the last spot/byes being fun.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

12-13-2018, 04:01 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
12-11-2018, 09:45 PMTomen Wrote: Imagine if Merica and Maxy didn't change the SMJHL from where we had conferences and every team made the playoffs to no conference and 2 teams miss.

Conferences sucked. I love the balanced "everyone plays everyone 7 times with a +1" so much more.

While i go back and forth on the "missing playoffs" part (i was VERY against this at first), it's actually turned out to be pretty good for the league and has made things more exciting in the regular season each time, with battles for the last spot/byes being fun.
To add onto this, id say if someone goes IA because their team didn't make it their first season in Juniors, then they weren't in it for the long haul to begin with.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018, 04:34 PM by JKortesi81.)

12-13-2018, 04:23 PMSlashACM Wrote:
12-13-2018, 04:01 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Conferences sucked. I love the balanced "everyone plays everyone 7 times with a +1" so much more.

To add onto this, id say if someone goes IA because their team didn't make it their first season in Juniors, then they weren't in it for the long haul to begin with.

That's part of my thinking with it too.

To be fair, the argument back in S33/S34 was that not only would a team miss the playoffs, then they'd have to wait for 2-3 weeks of simming, and then another 3-4 weeks for the offseason. I can see the concern of potentially waiting 5-7 weeks for some players to get their guy some action.

That's where the "Battle for First Overall" Series idea came from , just to get those teams' players more games.

But now? We don't have that issue anymore. The much quicker offseasons, faster postseasons (because of the PbP cut down to just the finals), and players getting to play in the WJC make it much more palatable to be a player in the league who misses the junior playoffs.

There's no need to go back to that idea anymore.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I'll be back next year