Create Account

Becker's Off season Presser
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 01:40 AM by GrilledTwinkiez.)

READY TO GRADE!!!

Presser

Question 1: Your username is GrilledTwinkiez, when's the last time you had a grilled twinkie?

Well to be totally honest I have a confession to make... I Grilled Twinkiez... have never eaten nor grilled a twinkie... I know what you are all thinking. “he’s a fraud” and as you are totally in the right to make that claim, I would like to take this opportunity to explain myself... I live in Canada, we have not been blessed with the luxury of twinkies being readily available at every store, nor was I blessed enough in my childhood to have a twinkie as a staple food group. I know you might be disappointed, angry even, I have deceived you all, and for that I ask for your forgiveness as I move forward to better myself and put this shameful lie behind me.

Question 2: How do you feel about the Wolfpack this season?

it is no secret that the Pack have had their fair share of struggles the last few seasons, Ace has fought to build something here that has this club trending in the right direction, and I couldn’t be more supportive of the decisions Ace has made for this club. This season our goal is to win every time we step out on the ice, just as everyone’s should be. But we realize that we don’t have the sexiest roster in the league right now, but the people in this room all share the goal of wanting to be a good hockey club and we want it enough that we are all willing to work our asses off to grow and become the best team we can be. For this season in particular, id just like to see some growth. Id like everyone on our roster to show commitment to bettering themselves and giving this team the best shot to win every night.

Question 3: If you could rate Ace as a GM, on a scale of 1-10, what would you give him?

Not sure I could give him a numbered rating, but ill tell you this. Ace is a wonderful GM and an even better person. He cares about his players beyond the SHL and that’s why he is able to keep people around. My relationship wish Ace started when he brought be over in the trade that brought be from Seattle to Edmonton, from that moment, ace has been solid as a rock for me as a player, when he made the switch to the head GM position in New England he fought to bring me with him, Ace sees things in people that most GM’s don’t and I think that’s why he will be a GM that will be known for building winning teams in this league. Ace has been a guy whos always stuck behind me, and I haven't always made his life easy. In fact, ive made it pretty tough at times I know that. But regardless of any of that, he has stuck by me, and he will do that for all his players. Ace brings the best out in his players, that’s what will make him successful. I never envisioned playing for the pack, but being on a team with a great guy up top makes it easy to look at this city and call it home.

Question 4: Do you have any personal goals for the season?

Yea absolutely, every good player has goals set for themselves, for me its mainly keeping up on updates and activity and not letting life get in the way as much. This is a huge year for me, as an S39 draftee im getting closer and closer to regression and time is running out to get that challenge cup. I won back to back four star cups with the Knights in the SMJHL as the assistant captain of that team, and my career wouldn’t feel complete without the big ring in my collection. This year is especially big for me because for the first time in my career im set to hit the free agent market. That motivates me to be the best I can all season long, as a pending UFA you want people talking about you around the league, GM’s specifically. With that being said it’s a risky move to go into FA, you obviously can’t talk with other teams under contract so you gotta evaluate how youre viewed around the league. Im a pretty quiet guy around here, I try not to stir up too much drama, and kinda try to keep a low profile, put my head down and go to work. That being said, going into this offseason I want teams to recognize me, I want a cup, I want a big contract, and im ready to work for it. Just a matter of staying in my comfort zone, or venturing into the unknown to take a risk. So I guess my next big goal for this season is to get noticed around the SHL and get myself a new deal, either with New England or another club, But at the end of the day, im going to get out what I put in. So im ready to grind this season out.

Question 5: How is it to work for the greatest department in the league. the PT department!

Izzy you know I love you. Working for the PT team is awesome. We have a great group here and I honestly think the PT department is in the best state ever since I joined the site. Everyone is there for each other, if someone falls behind the rest of the team is there to help out, I know I've been on the receiving end of that help a few times. We work together very well, and I'd say we are pretty efficient in getting TPE out to the players. We have reworked a lot of things internally to improve efficiency and continue to do so. Were in a good spot right now, and it’s a great team to be a part of.

Question 6: How do you feel about the reddit draft class?

I honestly have been so disconnected from the new additions to the site. More than id like to be. But as with any reddit draft there is going to be a lot of players who come In strong and burn out, but im sure a few are going to be very long term players with great careers and contribute in great ways to the site, Im excited to see some of these players come up through their systems and make big impacts in the league, Hopefully I get to meet lots of them and play with a few of them too.

Thanks for some solid questions, I'm looking forward to doing more of these as the season goes on.

WORD COUNT 1150

[Image: nasty.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 09:57 PM by hats_4_days.)

Your username is GrilledTwinkiez, whens the last time you had a grilled twinkie?

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

How do you feel about the Wolfpack this season?

Do you have any personal goals for the season?

If you could rate Ace as a GM, on a scale of 1-10, what would you give him?

What is your player's typical game day routine?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

How is it to work for the greatest department in the league.. the PT department!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

How do you feel about the reddit draft class?

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

What are Becker's goals as a player for this season, and for seasons to come?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

How did you enjoy your first season in New England

What are your goals for this season?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM